Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 06:20 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
oh ok , so when he retires from basketball will he be serving the country like trump ?
it's a cookbook!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 06:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Oh ok , so when he retires from basketball will he be serving the country like Trump ?
God, I hope not. Trump is a cancer on America. But it's a free country. LeBron gets to spend his retirement anyway he wants.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:24 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Has Mr.James provided any evidence yet of America in 2018 going back to Jim Crow or slavery ? I mean besides his “feelings “ ..

Yes people have freedom of speech , but we also have the freedom to criticize someone when they say ridiculous things .

Old 07-31-2018, 06:24 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...y-or-jim-crow/

he oppressive contract Lebron chose to sign during Trump's presidency is paying him $153,000,000 over 4 years. This doesn't include TV, commercial, film, or shoe contracts. I assume when we officially return to Jim Crow era like he claims that will immediately be taken from him

What a silly statement from you. Are you black ? I'm not, so I have no idea what it is like to walk in their shoes, but I can sort of imagine. While I think certain blacks (and whites too) bring on their own problems, the majority do not. Anyone who says they do not see a certain degree of prejudice in this country is being blind, I am white, and I see it very often.

And , not just dumping on Trump because I dislike the man, but he has set up a " you vs me" atmosphere in this country, Hell, even we whites are at each others throats. We all know that one of the main reasons some people dislike Barack Obama is the color of his skin, although they will try to deny that fact.

But for you to equate James earning a lot of money vs the reality of what he sees and feels, it ridiculous.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
God, I hope not. Trump is a cancer on America. But it's a free country. LeBron gets to spend his retirement anyway he wants.
Yeah he’s a real cancer . Historical low unemployment rates , 4.1 GDP growth and NoKo has stopped threatening to nuke us .

It’s all in your head . Turn off CNN for a couple days and stop reading NyTimes , WaPo .

Old 07-31-2018, 06:31 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:

he oppressive contract Lebron chose to sign during Trump's presidency is paying him $153,000,000 over 4 years. This doesn't include TV, commercial, film, or shoe contracts. I assume when we officially return to Jim Crow era like he claims that will immediately be taken from him
"Oppressive Contract?"

Ving Rhames almost got shot by police in his underwear in his own home because someone called and said there was a "big black man" breaking into the house. I'd be willing to bet that the neighbors who called the cops on him had some kind of malice in mind - else how could they live next to a multi-millionaire Hollywood Black star and not know he is a "big black man." Black athletes, movie start, and businessman get just as dead when they are shot by cops for no reason. BTW, look up the definition of a lynching. Maybe then you will see what LeBron is talking about - but I highly doubt it - not many of you are capable.

LeBron is entitled to his opinion - particularly on this subject.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 07-31-2018 at 06:43 PM..

Old 07-31-2018, 06:41 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Yeah he’s a real cancer . Historical low unemployment rates , 4.1 GDP growth and NoKo has stopped threatening to nuke us .

It’s all in your head . Turn off CNN for a couple days and stop reading NyTimes , WaPo .
I don't watch CNN and I rarely read the Washington Post. Those unemployment numbers appear good, but Trump himself blasted the numbers when the last guy was president. North Korea hasn't proven they're not still making nuclear weapons and besides, it's been like 15 minutes since the agreement was met. Come back to me later when more time has passed. Hopefully they are no longer a threat, but I'll withhold judgement for just a tad longer.

I may very well be proven wrong and I hope I am. But I think we have not seen the worse of Trumnp and his policies yet. The tariffs are just one thing that could blow up in his face.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:46 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:

Hey Lebron, you're a gazillionaire --- not a slave -- please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEgh8TUlpQc

Old 07-31-2018, 06:48 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Only in America can college dropout athletes (or ones who forego it altogether) who get paid millions to play a kid's game and wear some sneakers, cry wolf about slavery and Jim Crow right after a black POTUS for 8 years.

Lerbon James is worth $400 million and signed a $1 billion lifetime shoe deal with Nike.

I'd love to experience whatever kind of modern slavery gets me that type of money with no college degree. Sign me up.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:08 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So your argument is that since James makes a lot of money, he can't comment on social issues even if they don't affect him personally? He specifically mentioned "what's happening in this country" and not "what's happening to me."
My argument is that he's an uneducated fool that has made riches beyond anyone's wildest dreams because of born athleticism and his comments are divisive and beyond stupid. Michael Jordan was much better player by the way and far more intelligent and less divisive.

He's probably suffering guilt from Black Privilege.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 07-31-2018 at 07:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies