Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 07:55 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Is this Don Lemon the "White Lash" guy on CNN, or do they have another guy who hates White people?
Van Jones = whitelash (who by the way is a communist and has a white wife).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

the lives of black people is no different under Trump than under 8 years of Obama....actually black unemployment has gone down under Trump.
If black people ever thought Obama was ever going to do anything for them, they were woefully mistaken. He served he same masters they all do. Lebron James is probably too dumb to realize it, but the real reason Trump is so vilified is that he was chosen to be the guy to stir the bee's nest and rile up the masses. This is a tactic that wouldn't have worked with Hillary in office. The people who hate Hillary tend not to be political trouble makers and Hollyweird celebs with a bully pulpit to shout at their millions of idiot fans. Trump was a 2-for-1 sale. He serves the masters and he plays the boogie man who pisses off all the right people.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaDeez View Post
TRUMP BANKRUPTED MOST OF HIS BUSINESSES ...
He did not.

The rest of what you posted is nonsense.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Van Jones = whitelash (who by the way is a communist and has a white wife).
Didn’t know his wife was white . She must have quite a bit of self hate if she is married to someone that has such a hatred of whites .

Old 08-05-2018, 08:16 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Lebron's comment about Jim Crow and Slavery were ridiculous hyperbole.

However, he does a lot of good and does give back and quite frankly I like the guy.

Plus we ALL say things that are stupid from time to time and perhaps his emotions got the better of him.

No need to start WW3 over it.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:21 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Sometimes it feels like overpaid celebrities don’t realize how good they have it.. and don’t realize how good Americans in general have it compared to most on the planet .
They don’t. America is literally the only country on earth that pays basketball athletes so much money.

And the only reason America has a 13% black population was due to its involvement in the transatlantic slavery trade. That number would be closer to 1% if it wasn’t for that awful part of history.

So the point here is that all kinds of crazy factors had to come together for the modern multi-millionaire, famous, spoiled, college dropout athlete to arrive... Only to sit and complain about slavery and Jim Crow while black Americans enjoy the highest standard of living out of blacks of any country and enjoy the legacy of the first black president of any 1st world country.

Again the irony is there is no Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Serena sisters, Lebron James, Floyd Mayweayher, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Will Smith and all these other black celebrities without that sad part of history.

And last I checked, no black America wants to be born in Africa instead. I’m black and was born in Texas, you’ll never see me whining about America’s past. That is how current blacks were born here.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:23 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lebron's comment about Jim Crow and Slavery were ridiculous hyperbole.

However, he does a lot of good and does give back and quite frankly I like the guy.

Plus we ALL say things that are stupid from time to time and perhaps his emotions got the better of him.

No need to start WW3 over it.

Too bad the media didn't give the same consideration to Roseanne Barr.

There is a ridiculous double standard at play here. And this is yet another example of it.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He did not.

The rest of what you posted is nonsense.
Liberals can’t decide if Trump is bankrupt or if he has TOO many business interests and is too rich and successful .
I guess they like to play it both ways .

I remember Hillary once joked about Trump not being a billionaire .

Old 08-05-2018, 08:36 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Mr. James has had possibly the most unique career in professional sports; few athletes could participate in the building of a dominant franchise in one location, then return to another city with which his ties were personal, and repeat the process; and then move on again to a third, legendary franchise (but one with a few gaps in the façade becoming more apparent).

Personally, I hope he'll take a few pointers from Charles Barkley and the late Darryl Dawkins -- two guys who never let the "pop wisdom" guide their thinking. But he's still a relatively young man with plenty of time to examine and define his personal mission. I wish him the best of luck, and wise counsel.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-05-2018 at 09:40 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
They don’t. America is literally the only country on earth that pays basketball athletes so much money.

And the only reason America has a 13% black population was due to its involvement in the transatlantic slavery trade. That number would be closer to 1% if it wasn’t for that awful part of history.

So the point here is that all kinds of crazy factors had to come together for the modern multi-millionaire, famous, spoiled, college dropout athlete to arrive... Only to sit and complain about slavery and Jim Crow while black Americans enjoy the highest standard of living out of blacks of any country and enjoy the legacy of the first black president of any 1st world country.

Again the irony is there is no Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Serena sisters, Lebron James, Floyd Mayweayher, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Will Smith and all these other black celebrities without that sad part of history.

And last I checked, no black America wants to be born in Africa instead. I’m black and was born in Texas, you’ll never see me whining about America’s past. That is how current blacks were born here.

Yeah that is an interesting perspective and does make sense . I remember reading something about how much less Babe Ruth made back in the day , in general the pay for sports stars has gone up a lot ... due to tv and endorsement opportunities etc . Same with celebrities in general . Back in the day nobody was making this kind of money they got paid well but not obscene amounts like $10 or 20 million a movie even inflation adjusted .

I guess I don’t get when really successful people like LeBron say stuff like this . I just think they are out of touch . But I think many Americans in general do take America for granted . The history of America of course isn’t perfect but neither is any country .
There are many countries that are really awful to live in for the average person with nowhere near the opportunity of America .

I just think when anyone says we are in the Slavery days or it’s like Nazi Germany now its hard to really take them serious .
It’s just an absurd thing to say and an insult to the real atrocities people back then did suffer under .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies