Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 02:51 PM

25,401 posts, read 18,524,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoni View Post
... a flag that symbolizes treason and white supremacy.
Actually, that particular flag "symbolized" the Second Confederate Navy Jack, and the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.

You guys can't even keep your flags straight. There was an incident not long ago of some dumbo whining that a "Confederate flag" was being flow in his/her town. It was a Norwegian flag.

Quote:
I believe it should be a crime to display the Confederate flag, it is blatant disorderly conduct as far as I am concerned.
I believe it should be a crime for you to drive a Subaru and have a tattoo on your right forearm. Luckily, most of us realize that personal beliefs and opinions have no place in a code of civil laws. This includes flying a friggin' flag. If you want to impose tyranny, do so elsewhere.

Personally, I think we all should fly a Bonnie Blue flag in our front yards just to cause irregular heartbeats in each liberal chest.

Come to think of it, there was a guy on the next block from me who did fly a Second Confederate Navy Jack in his yard for several years. Seemed to be a decent enough guy--never caused any trouble or got in anyone's face. But I wonder how many heart attacks he caused in the town. After all, there are a lot of California transplants around here looking to export their tyranny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 02:59 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,608,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I'm aware of that. They didn't actually attack London. It was more of a shi*post in reaction to the one I quoted.

What they did do, however, is virtually identical to what the Confederacy did--secede.

We won against England. The Confederacy lost against the USA.

Get over it.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:03 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,908,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Actually, that particular flag "symbolized" the Second Confederate Navy Jack, and the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.

You guys can't even keep your flags straight. There was an incident not long ago of some dumbo whining that a "Confederate flag" was being flow in his/her town. It was a Norwegian flag.

I believe it should be a crime for you to drive a Subaru and have a tattoo on your right forearm. Luckily, most of us realize that personal beliefs and opinions have no place in a code of civil laws. This includes flying a friggin' flag. If you want to impose tyranny, do so elsewhere.

Personally, I think we all should fly a Bonnie Blue flag in our front yards just to cause irregular heartbeats in each liberal chest.

Come to think of it, there was a guy on the next block from me who did fly a Second Confederate Navy Jack in his yard for several years. Seemed to be a decent enough guy--never caused any trouble or got in anyone's face. But I wonder how many heart attacks he caused in the town. After all, there are a lot of California transplants around here looking to export their tyranny.
I wonder if there are certain flags that one could fly that would "cause irregular heartbeats" in conservative chests?

Old 08-01-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
[/b]

We won against England. The Confederacy lost against the USA.

Get over it.
Seems like it is the folks that won't quit bellyaching about a flag who can't "get over it."

Personally, I couldn't care less about what flag you fly over your house. Fly the swastika if you like. Fly a sickle and hammer. Why would it be any of my business unless you are somehow infringing on my own property rights? Tell you one thing, I'd ten-to-one rather look next door and see a Second Confederate Navy Jack in the neighbor's yard than I would listen to his damn barking dogs constantly. THAT should be illegal because THAT is infringing on my rights. A flag is not.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I wonder if there are certain flags that one could fly that would "cause irregular heartbeats" in conservative chests?
I wouldn't know. Ask a conservative.

All I can say on the matter is that I've never heard a conservative bellyaching about a 150-year-old battle flag of a defunct nation.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:36 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,908,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I wouldn't know. Ask a conservative.

All I can say on the matter is that I've never heard a conservative bellyaching about a 150-year-old battle flag of a defunct nation.
I don't think that is all you can say on the matter

Do you think that there are conservatives who would get upset about seeeing someone flying a Confederate flag? A Mexican flag? A Saudi flag? Etc?

Or do you truly believe that it would only be liberals?

Old 08-01-2018, 03:41 PM

25,388 posts, read 17,066,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
When did the colonies attack England?

I doubt they had the resources to sail across the Atlantic and invade England.
Weren't they IN England? I mean IN England every bit as much as a Puerto Rican is IN America when he is in Puerto Rico.
After all, only 25 years earlier, a young George Washington had informed the French at Fort Duquesne (Pittsburgh) that they were on British Territory, he (George) was a loyal British subject, and they (The French) would have to leave.
Is there much difference?

Old 08-01-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I don't think that is all you can say on the matter

Do you think that there are conservatives who would get upset about seeeing someone flying a Confederate flag? A Mexican flag? A Saudi flag? Etc?

Or do you truly believe that it would only be liberals?
There are tyranny-oriented people on both sides of the "Big Two" we have here in the US. Regardless of which side the tyranny comes from, it is just as toxic in my view.

The only thing I will say is that I see far more in the way of tyrannical crusades coming from the left than I do the right. The right wants to buy me. The left wants to enslave me. I can refuse to be bought by some big corporation, I cannot refuse to be enslaved by a runaway government unless I am prepared to die or rot in jail trying.

(BTW, I have a Mexican flag. Don't fly it though. I have no reason to)

Old 08-01-2018, 03:48 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,262,821 times
Quote:
Jury nullification. Not a chance in hell that I would convict someone for taking down a flag that symbolizes treason and white supremacy. I believe it should be a crime to display the Confederate flag, it is blatant disorderly conduct as far as I am concerned.

"Almost every state has a disorderly conduct law making it a crime to be drunk in public, "disturb the peace," or loiter in certain areas. Since the statutes are often used as “catch-all” crimes, many types of obnoxious or unruly conduct may fit the definition. Police often use a disorderly conduct charge to keep the peace when a person is behaving in a disruptive manner, but presents no serious public danger."
I only go by natural law.

I don't believe in mysticism (the State).

A man with the cognitive ability to recognize that another human had mixed their labor to produce something took that item without permission of the rightful owner.

Theft.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:55 PM

1,406 posts, read 794,304 times
Quote:
Jury nullification. Not a chance in hell that I would convict someone for taking down a flag that symbolizes treason and white supremacy. I believe it should be a crime to display the Confederate flag, it is blatant disorderly conduct as far as I am concerned.
And as far as I'm concerned, someone who flies a confederate flag is less of a threat to what America is supposed to stand for than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies