Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 05:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh yeah, except that black folks helped open up this territory for white folks to settle it. We’ve been here right from the start, and our communities in Arizona are some of the oldest in the state except for Indians and the Hispanics, obviously.

Do the knowledge.
Exactly, we should respect and honor all 5 of these historic black figures in AZ's history. Maybe a monument is in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 05:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Oh, sorry, how could I have made such an assumption about a Black man's intentionally broad umbrella statement on the civil War, as quoted below:

I thought you wanted a discussion, rather than to play disingenuous "I didn't say that" games in regard to the primary theme (slavery) liberals most often ascribe to the civil war and that you implied while employing broad and obvious insinuations. How intellectual and above-board of you. You got me. Of course, I was the one to bring up slavery. Not you. You are quite the pugilist.

However, I did not make any point in regard to the South fighting for slavery. You had implied what "tens of thousands of men shed blood to defeat", referencing the North.

In turn, I also only referenced the North and touched on that it was a common liberal tactic to ascribe motivation to White soldiers that they never had at the time of any war.

You then took my response, ascribed your obvious implication to my statement only, and then tried to turn my statement into some type of ancillary (off topic) point about Southern motivation. Which is an entirely new discussion.

I'm having a difficult time finding evidence of good faith discussion on your part. At least as far as your recent interaction is concerned.
I never said anything about wanting to discuss anything with you. My mind is made up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I got to Texas as fast as I could because it meant getting out of Louisiana, I had plenty enough of the bull**** that your people created for themselves over there.
My people? Who?

So you got ran outta Louisiana? Damn. I wouldn’t ever let someone run me away from my home. That’s weak to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You're just salty that you had your entire argument used against you.

The average rez west of the Mississippi is worse than the worst Detroit ghetto. Try going to a rez and flying Old Glory; see how long it takes before you get your ass kicked.
Salty? I’m enjoying this thread. A lot.

What argument used against me? You’re white. That’s all there is to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I HIGHLY doubt he's black.
Okay. LMAO...even if I wasn’t, why is that hurting your feeling so much?

Old 07-31-2018, 05:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Stop. You guys won’t throw a grape in a fruit fight.
Says a Black guy to the people who are primarily responsible for all modern weaponry, for releasing his people from chains only about 150 years ago, who own most of the weapons in this nation, and who comprise most soldiers and police in this nation who make sure that no one gets too out of line (and who invented the latter institution and at least perfected if not invented the former).

This guy is too much. He's blind to both history and the comprehensive cage that he survives within.

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The Confederate flag is the flag of traitors, and losers.

It's a mystery why anyone flies it.
Those traitors and losers are brother Americans.

The point of the symbols of the civil war are a reminder that here in America we can fight a bloody civil war, brother against brother, and then come together to heal. What other country can split and come back as America has?

No one was offended by the sight of the stars and bars or confederate statues until a concerted effort to divide the country by activists erupted. Fear and hate of any inanimate object has to be taught. Those objects were chosen to capitalize on the democrats hate and fear mongering, intended to weaken and divide the country.

We all grew up wanting to be rebels.

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I don't condone the destruction of private property, but I also don't condone the types who still fly the Confederate flag anywhere but in historical settings. We all know damn well what that flag represents - bigotry, slavery, and hatred of this nation and anyone who's different - and it is laughable to pretend otherwise.
And this is where partial truths and ignoring the footnotes of history gets us in debates ...

It is St. Andrews Cross. Its symbol is that of Christian heritage ... It stands for, 'I will not conform' as St. Andrew was a rebel against the church's dictatorship telling him what he could and could not preach, he was crucified (on a cross placed in the ground X style, i.e. the flag of Scotland) for not following his marching orders. And yes, it fits in the Confederacy stand against what they believed to be a tyrannic government, that they were not going to conform to it.

Immigration is another one of those (humanitarian) issues, that the day may come when migration is legalized, just as slavery was later adopted illegal.

Sanctuary cities and those who stand against the law, for that which is right, may too be an interesting topic to one day debate. Some one may one day say, but it was the law ... it was their culture ... it was?

Although that may not have anything to do with a flag or what its symbol may or may not represent depending upon the person holding it ... it will represent the complication of history and its people.

btw: Hindu called, they'd like their (swastika) symbol back too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Exactly, we should respect and honor all 5 of these historic black figures in AZ's history. Maybe a monument is in order.
Oh, there are already LOTS of monuments to those people.

Sorry bub...you’re late. LOL.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:43 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,826 times
Quote:
Uh yeah, except that black folks helped open up this territory for white folks to settle it. We’ve been here right from the start, and our communities in Arizona are some of the oldest in the state except for Indians and the Hispanics, obviously.

Do the knowledge.
So you helped the wayaabishkiiwed steal Indian land? That's as bad as the Buffalo soldiers helping the wayaabishkiiwed commit genocide on the plains Indians.

Plains Indian view of the ‘Buffalo’ Soldier

Old 07-31-2018, 05:43 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
This was so courageous that it nearly brought me to tears as he explained why he personally removed a Confederate Flag flying at a local establishment. He put the flag in the garbage and put up the State and Stripes in its place.

This coincides with my opinion that the Confederate Flag should NEVER be flown in any traditional Union state where tens of thousands of men shed blood to defeat everything that flag stood for. From Kansas, through Iowa, the Rust Belt, into New Jersey, and furher up into New York and up to Maine. It should be ripped down from any flagpole that it hangs onto and relplaced with ����.

https://amp.northjersey.com/amp/870473002
On one hand, what he did was technically illegal, since it was someone else's property. On the other hand, I can't get mad at him for it. I don't feel any malice towards what he did. To me, it is like "well, it's a confederate flag, I'm glad it came down". The Confederate flag should never be flown ANYWHERE. It is the flag of those who sought so desperately to keep slavery, who were willing to kill to do so.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:44 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Stop playing into DD's game. He lives to instigate on CD. Remember the saying: Never Wrestle with a Pig. You Both Get Dirty and the Pig Likes It.
I'm the biggest instigator on C-D. I love playing with pigs.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Says a Black guy to the people who are primarily responsible for all modern weaponry, for releasing his people from chains only about 150 years ago, who own most of the weapons in this nation, and who comprise most soldiers and police in this nation who make sure that no one gets too out of line (and who invented the latter institution and at least perfected if not invented the former).

This guy is too much. He's blind to both history and the comprehensive cage that he survives within.
What weapons are you personally responsible for inventing, and what slaves did you free?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies