Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 10:29 PM

11,906 posts, read 5,538,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Forced to attend.
Oh, come on.

Private schools are a thing. Homeschooling is a thing.

The only thing that is forced is that kids get educated somehow, by someone, and thank God for that. Do you really want to live in a land of illiterates who can't add two and two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,742,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You were the kid at the birthday party who cried because YOU didn’t get any presents.

You right wingers are a miserable lot. If I’d posted a thread about Lebron being locked in jail, you and your conservative confederates would be posting smiley emojis and talking about how wonderful the news is.
Nothing to do with conservatives. Not that you care about the truth.

Plus I doubt you'd post anything negative about your black celebrities. You have a history of it. You never criticized the war monger Obama even though you want us out of the Middle East.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Oh, come on.

Private schools are a thing. Homeschooling is a thing.

The only thing that is forced is that kids get educated somehow, by someone, and thank God for that. Do you really want to live in a land of illiterates who can't add two and two?
How many can afford private schools?
Read up on the hoops home schoolers have to go through. Educate yourself on an issue. As long as you think something is a good idea you have no problem forcing others. You learn that in public schools.

You're a product of public schools, right?

Old 08-02-2018, 10:58 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,614,552 times
Quote:
So Lebron, who Laura Ingraham says should just “shut up and dribble,” just opened up a new school in Akron. The place is beautiful too.

Wonder what Ingraham has to say about THAT!!

Inside LeBron James?s New $8 Million Public School, Where Students Get Free Bikes, Meals, and College Tuition

Why can't Lebaron Jimmy just take his ball and dribble offa the court? Hasn't he made enough money? He is doing nothing but keeping other black folks from having a chance to earn that basketball money. The fool is SELFISH. Just like the Slave Masters that came before him the only thing he's worried about is himself. He ain't worried about his impoverished brothers.

And this school? It's nothing but a tax deduction for him.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:13 PM

32,901 posts, read 12,161,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Why can't Lebaron Jimmy just take his ball and dribble offa the court? Hasn't he made enough money? He is doing nothing but keeping other black folks from having a chance to earn that basketball money. The fool is SELFISH. Just like the Slave Masters that came before him the only thing he's worried about is himself. He ain't worried about his impoverished brothers.

You sound like a disgruntled Celtics fan .

Old 08-02-2018, 11:17 PM

29,852 posts, read 18,694,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post

True, I call this abuse of his black Privilege.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:27 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,021,518 times
Quote:
Forced to attend.
Nonsense. My father sent some of us to private school, and I even attended 2 years of private school for junior high and all of my siblings, me included, attended Montessori School to start our educations. My brother and I are the only ones that didn’t attend Catholic High School.

There’s always a choice

Old 08-03-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Nonsense. My father sent some of us to private school, and I even attended 2 years of private school for junior high and all of my siblings, me included, attended Montessori School to start our educations. My brother and I are the only ones that didn’t attend Catholic High School.

There’s always a choice
It's not about you. Plus you should sue those schools for not coming through on their end of the bargain.

Explain to me how easy it is to home school. As it pertains to local government intervention making it harder to home school.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:01 AM

Quote:
How many can afford private schools?
Read up on the hoops home schoolers have to go through. Educate yourself on an issue. As long as you think something is a good idea you have no problem forcing others. You learn that in public schools.

You're a product of public schools, right?
I did attend public school K-12, then went to a small private college on a scholarship. However, I have known lots of people who chose to homeschool their kids, and none of them complained about any terrible regulatory burden. You may find the information in the following website surprising, particularly regarding the number of states that don't require parents to notify anyone of their decision to homeschool, let alone set up "hoops" for them to jump through.

https://www.responsiblehomeschooling...urrent-policy/

The Wikipedia article is also a good general overview.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homesc..._United_States

I have no idea if it is easier to homeschool than it once was, but it's certainly more widespread, and the trend continues to grow.

As for private schools there are 10 in my hometown, and there used to be more, so apparently it's within the reach of enough people to keep it a viable option.

I think education is a good idea, whether it's obtained at a public school, a private one, or in the home. Do you disagree?

Last edited by Catgirl64; 08-03-2018 at 05:16 AM..

Old 08-03-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
It's not about you. Plus you should sue those schools for not coming through on their end of the bargain.

Explain to me how easy it is to home school. As it pertains to local government intervention making it harder to home school.
In what way did they not come through? His posts are a good deal more articulate than those of many others I could list.

Where did you go to school, while we're on the topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies