Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 03:01 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Or compensate those that were indigenous to the are appropriately. What a concept, right?
Yeah, they have done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 03:03 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The white folks should just leave at this point, and try to salvage a life somewhere else. Take as much of their possessions, and wealth as possible, and just leave the country to the reactionary, communist, anti colonialists who would rather destroy themselves, and the country to get back at the whites.

Confucius — ‘Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.'

Let the different tribes kill each other off as they've done for centuries.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
No, I’m right.
Did you even read your article?
Thatcher and Reagan were worried about communism. Nowhere does it say they LOVED (your caps) apartheid.
Quote from your link
“But Mr. Reagan had thoughts only of pro-Soviet leaders taking over in South Africa. "When we spoke on the telephone ... it became clear that Ronald Reagan saw the whole South African issue strictly in East-West Cold War terms," Mr. Mulroney wrote.

"Over the years, he and Margaret continually raised with me their fears that Nelson Mandela and other anti-apartheid leaders were communists.”

Reagan was the Cold War Guy — he lived and breathed it.
This is what I meant that you look for race baitng at every chance.....
Like I said, you’re butthurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I don't think Africa is a dark hole.. I don't buy into the American negative propaganda about Africa, or any of the nations which America tries to promote itself as being Superior over. The truth of the human being can't be squashed by the thoughts of prejudiced propaganda... As I said, America should have learned that less by the fast paced advance of China as an indicator and example, that putting people don't with prejudiced commentary, does not squash the spirit of the people to be and become whom they desire in these various nations so many American look down upon.

I looked at life in some foreign places I visited and what they build, how they consider their pedestrian population and what kind of investments they make when it comes to using the latest technology.

What was long denied the people in terms of education is desired in many of these countries,and people have a passion to want to learn. Sadly,in some places like some sections of America, people are so caught up in materialism, until some think they don't need to give much attentions to the details within education, they just want to do enough to get a degree and ride it.

Time will prove even more as the places around the world use the advances of technology to move by giant steps.
Bingo.

If Africa is so bad, why did whites have to be KICKED OUT and RAN OFF kicking and screaming on their way out? The Europeans cried like babies when they lost their African possessions. They’re STILL crying.

Americans only bother to denigrate Africa when they think whites are being dispossessed. If blacks are the ones taking it in the shorts, then it’s all good.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Let the different tribes kill each other off as they've done for centuries.
Should we have let the European tribes kill each other off by the tens of millions in the last century alone?

Old 08-02-2018, 03:49 PM

Pilgrims Progress...you’re all done now? I thought you wanted to talk about tribal wars.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:09 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pilgrims Progress...you’re all done now? I thought you wanted to talk about tribal wars.
You are way off on South Africa on many point including its popularity. I don't think Lethal Weapon 2 was a popular movie because everyone loved apartheid. That was back in 1989. It tends to be overly demonized by one group and given a pass by others, but on the whole ,few considered it highly. Meanwhile the ANC and the Zulu were not too friendly either, and there are plenty of black "racists" like Mamelodi Concerned Residents who are as tribalistic as any white South African.

However you do make up for it in having an objective opinion on Europe on its world wars. World War I and II should be considered as colossal embarrassments to anyone of European descent. It was the worst disaster the world had ever seen and of their own making. Strange how its not seen that way.

South African needs find a better way than Zimbabwe.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:13 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
How long before children’s arms start getting whacked off?

Old 08-02-2018, 05:01 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is all fine but this is not advancing anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XODc6tlh-Q0

In America or any civilized place farmers out in the country do not have to worry about their families being ambushed, tortured and killed by the people they are feeding.
I'm not one who will say various countries don't have problems, I did address the common nature problems that exist in America, more specifically the damages of racism and its impact upon America. but that does not mean America has the full scope and all the types of problems that exist in some countries. I have noted some positive things that do work in a variety of countries that we also can learn from.

I'm more concerned about what We have to address in America, but at the same time saying, not all parts of every country have the extreme problems that you depicted in the video.

We have a grand opportunity in America, if we review our history and come to the realization, what hurts white people, devastates black people, and what benefit white people also translate to benefit black people when bias and prejudices are removed from the equation. That is to say... when we work so that "ALL" can rise with equality in opportunity for All. Then we as Americans can build a better nations, far better than the past and beyond what we even know we can build.

The example we set can help change the world. If we simply come to terms and do it.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So should the white folks declare war on the corrupt leadership in South Africa?
War benefits no one, in this 21st Century, we have information and that should bring dialog, and people should become more invested in "honest truths" to face and deal with the rectifying challenges that are necessary. In the long term rectifying the wrongs of the past, can benefit people in the future.

We have to learn to think in terms of the "long game of living", not trying to remake the past and trying to hold on to the wrongs of the past, we should be a world facing up to the wrongs and working to rectify it, for the future.

In 50 yrs many of us won't even be here, but we should want to know we left a better world for those yet to come.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You are way off on South Africa on many point including its popularity. I don't think Lethal Weapon 2 was a popular movie because everyone loved apartheid. That was back in 1989. It tends to be overly demonized by one group and given a pass by others, but on the whole ,few considered it highly. Meanwhile the ANC and the Zulu were not too friendly either, and there are plenty of black "racists" like Mamelodi Concerned Residents who are as tribalistic as any white South African.

However you do make up for it in having an objective opinion on Europe on its world wars. World War I and II should be considered as colossal embarrassments to anyone of European descent. It was the worst disaster the world had ever seen and of their own making. Strange how its not seen that way.

South African needs find a better way than Zimbabwe.
I read the bio on Zimbabwe, they have come through many turbulent times and we have to know, life changes and it was only a few decades since the people became with some enfranchisement.
We have to look 25- maybe even 40-50 years ahead.

Technology has done amazing things in this world, and it will do it even more as time comes. We should not be so quick to try and count people out.

Example: look at young kids today, they use technology, and by the time some are 7-8 or 10-12 they are with a level of proficiency.
The learning for them is far advance over the era of baby boomers, or even the first and second generation of offspring's of the baby boomers.

Knowledge moves around the world, technology is a great tool that will be used by the coming generations to deal with corruption and rogue groups.

There is today, Technology developed which is so far ahead of what is in the general public domain, and as time comes it will be transferred into the public domain, as even newer technology is created.

The world works on Optimism, no matter how pessimistic we may focus, we have to know that the world changes ... and as it changes it improves.

Change is never easy, not even in ones personal self... but it is a continual education we all must come to deal with, and those who accept the growth that positively changes us, the better we adapt to the changing times.

We have to understand some of history to understand what and how we have changed and what more we need to make change, and then we have to deal with current reality and think of the future as to what's to come.

I know many people in my age range who neglected to follow technology, and some call frequently seeking to inquire about things they thought were insignificant, which they find they now have to deal with.

I've tried to help many people, building website for them, trying to show them how to use it, and how to advance themselves by learning the tech of the times. Some struggle tremendously, some grasp it and run with it, gaining more information and more knowledge and improving their proficiency. I have relatives that were in their 80's who adapted and learned how to make functional use of tech. I would talk about various aspects and they would give it thought, and could communicate with some very insightful commentary which convey their understanding of the variables discussed.

Most things that is truly hard in life, is 'what we don't want to do"... its hard because we will fight against what we don't want to do, and fight against what we don't want to learn and grow and change to advance ourselves in and of ourselves and our lives.

(there are some hard things, we are simply not equipped to deal with in healing ourselves, such as sickness and health challenges which are hard because we are not medical experts that can heal ourselves or have the knowledge of medical training to know the depths of information medical trained people have invested to learn)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies