Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 02:11 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,015,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
A bit confusing describing the Jewish connection through a distant male relative. The lineage has to be through the Mother's side. Maybe someone can clear this up for me.
Jewish lineage is determined by the mother because during the era of raping and pillaging, nobody could be certain WHO their daddy was. However, that is a cultural adaptation based on necessity. If you can trace your lineage back to a Jewish male (and it is "fairly certain" that the Jewish male was, in fact, an ancestor), I think it is pretty safe to assume that you're Jewish.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:30 PM

17,264 posts, read 11,107,746 times
And so is there a problem? When did Paul Ryan ever say or do anything that would make anyone think he was anti-Jewish or be ashamed of having some Jewish lineage?
What was the point of "Wait for it......" ?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:52 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,378,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Religion is not a genetic component. There is no "Jewish" DNA that states now you are Jewish. Jewish is a religion, nothing more, there is zero genetics tied to it, no more than tied to the flying spaghetti monster.

Either the person believes in such religion or does not. If a person finds that someone in their family tree practiced that religion, fine, but that has zero relevance on the person unless some entity created a legal relevance for it.
You are completely missing the point. In their own understanding God CHOSE a people, a nation of people whom all had a 'bond of blood', a common tribe.

...and I will take you to Me for a people, and I will be to you a God; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
Exodus 6:7

To call someone 'Jewish' in a religious sense is to say they follow the religion of the tribes and kingdoms of Israel and Judah (Judah in particular, with their one temple in Jerusalem). The people of Judah, as Hebrews, were a unique people with common ancestors long before they were the followers of a monotheistic religion. The DNA of these people can be traced.

So it can be said that one has Jewish ancestry even though that person is not practicing the Jewish national religion in any of it's forms. It can also be said that one follows the Jewish religion (as a convert) without having any traceable Jewish ancestry.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:28 PM

18,739 posts, read 8,352,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Jewish lineage is determined by the mother because during the era of raping and pillaging, nobody could be certain WHO their daddy was. However, that is a cultural adaptation based on necessity. If you can trace your lineage back to a Jewish male (and it is "fairly certain" that the Jewish male was, in fact, an ancestor), I think it is pretty safe to assume that you're Jewish.
This goes way way back...

https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...atrilineal.htm

Old 08-02-2018, 08:54 AM

702 posts, read 347,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
BTW, to correct the record, Italians have the highest IQ in Europe and are WAY above Israelis.

https://iq-research.info/en/average-...untry/it-italy
https://iq-research.info/en/average-...ntry/il-israel

Your comparison has a fatal flaw.

Over 20% of Israeli citizens are Arab. The Arab world, according to your link, has the lowest IQ except for Africa. Those Arabs in Israel significantly lower the average Israeli IQ. Even with those Arabs, Israel is ranked #12 in the world. That rank would be a lot higher if only the IQ's of Jewish Israelis were considered.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:04 AM

16,943 posts, read 12,486,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Pfft 3%. I knew it couldn't have been that much. Jews balance their budget.
LOL. You are bad. you will be doxxed and never have a job again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Is that the same percentage Elizabeth Warren aka fauxcahontas is Native American ?
No. DNA is not necessary. Her ancestors have been traced to about 1810, well before white settlement was in OK. She is white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
President Trump is probably related to Jesus Christ, very powerful dna.
That is either scary you believe that or trolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Jenkins View Post
jew isnt an ethnicity geniuses...its a religion. Thats like saying you discovered you are part muslim. How stupid are you people?
3%. Small point. 1/32 would be this or one 3rd Great grandparent. What is the margin for error here? This one relative would be born ca 1800 and probably traceable.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 AM

88,603 posts, read 44,302,488 times
What does it matter? Everyone knows the anti-semites in the US are the left-wing. Remember all the left's rage against having the US move the Embassy to Jerusalem?

Old 08-02-2018, 10:11 AM

18,739 posts, read 8,352,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What does it matter? Everyone knows the anti-semites in the US are the left-wing. Remember all the left's rage against having the US move the Embassy to Jerusalem?
Don't confuse antisemitism with the apparent lack of support for Israel. Today's US Jews are more liberal than they are active supporters of Israel, a foreign country. They do not hate Israel, just don't promote it like some on the right.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:33 AM

10,490 posts, read 6,102,359 times
What's the big surprise here? I don't understand why everyone is so shocked.

3% Jewish? I had my DNA tested about 6 years and I also have a small amount of Ashkenazi Jew DNA.
He's probably haplogroup K like me.

This doesn't make you part Jewish. It means that you share common DNA ancestry with a group of people who lived in a certain part of Europe about 100 generations ago.

I also have Neanderthal ancestry, as do all people with European heritage (2% on average). I wonder why Paul Ryan is not advertising this fact?

Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,006,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I seriously doubt it.

Jews are smart.

Thats why he is in the R party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies