Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 11:05 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your experience is not the experience of others. Has nothing to do with sketchy part of town, but would seem the opposite would be true.

Can none of you believe that some states and some business have different requirements. That some people have never been asked to show ID when using a CC and some people have. Good grief.

I have never been asked to show ID while buying groceries with a debit or credit card and I am 54. My wife has never been asked, my friends have never been asked, my co-workers have never been asked. NEVER in any state that I have bought groceries have I been asked for an ID. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

Trump specifically said that you have to show ID to buy groceries. He lied plan and simple.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:10 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have never been asked to show ID while buying groceries with a debit or credit card and I am 54. My wife has never been asked, my friends have never been asked, my co-workers have never been asked. NEVER in any state that I have bought groceries have I been asked for an ID. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

Trump specifically said that you have to show ID to buy groceries. He lied plan and simple.
He didn't lie in my case. I do indeed have to show an ID when using my CC to buy groceries. Not only where I live, but where I've traveled, as well.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
... That some people have never been asked to show ID when using a CC and some people have. Good grief.
Very true. It seems that those who voted for Trump have to show ID when using a CC. Everyone else (the vast majority) don't.

So it would appear.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:22 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post

I have been and I'm 56. My friends and co-workers have. So as I said people have different experiences. I do not believe you are lying or anyone who said they have never been asked to show ID is lying or that because of my experiences they must have had the exact experiences. Why do you not understand others have different experiences as you.

If you choose to take everything everyone utters literally and definitively and keep your knickers in a bunch over it that is your right but IMO you would be happier if you did not.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:24 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Your experience is not the experience of others. Has nothing to do with sketchy part of town, but would seem the opposite would be true.

Can none of you believe that some states and some business have different requirements. That some people have never been asked to show ID when using a CC and some people have. Good grief.

It seems that cashiers have a stunning ability to spot a Trump supporter in order to card them.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:24 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Very true. It seems that those who voted for Trump have to show ID when using a CC. Everyone else (the vast majority) don't.

So it would appear.
Do you have a link to that poll?

Old 08-02-2018, 11:25 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I know he used to, because his license had his height listed as 6'2" but his Ronny Jackson physical had him as 6'3". Who knew that 70 year old men got taller?

Honestly, a lot of New Yorkers go their whole lives without driving. It's such a PITA to keep a car there, unless you're really rich.
PITA to drive in Manhattan, rich or otherwise. One time that Executive I worked for wanted me to buy a tie at Brooks Brothers for his BIL's birthday, 3 blocks away. Gave me money to take a cab! Oh, no, I can get there and back faster WALKING. I told the store clerk that I was Mr. V's Assistant and to put the charge on his account. The Photo ID people would be horrified, but I did it all the time when he wanted me to buy items for his private life and parties. "The Donald" didn't do this as well?

Old 08-02-2018, 11:31 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
I have been and I'm 56. My friends and co-workers have. So as I said people have different experiences. I do not believe you are lying or anyone who said they have never been asked to show ID is lying or that because of my experiences they must have had the exact experiences. Why do you not understand others have different experiences as you.

If you choose to take everything everyone utters literally and definitively and keep your knickers in a bunch over it that is your right but IMO you would be happier if you did not.

So every time you buy groceries, every time you buy toilet paper, you have to show your ID? I highly doubt that. That is what Trump said, every time you buy groceries you have to show an ID.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...mpression=true

I wonder if this guy ever bought groceries in his entire life. Probably not.
You do need one if you pay with a check.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:39 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You do need one if you pay with a check.
Yeah, we all know the whole "you might maybe, possibly, sometimes need an ID if..."

Doesn't sound like a good analogy for voting laws. Only some people would need an ID to vote? But not always, and it might just depend on who is at the polling station at that time? And it might only be for those who look like they shouldn't be voting? Nope, not how it should work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies