Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,841,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Trump constantly misspeaks, how is this suprising?

The point, that sometimes ID is needed at the grocery store, is correct. So whats the argument?
Because the quote was, if you didn't catch it earlier...

“if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card. You need ID.”

There are only a few extenuating circumstances where that is true. I do 100% of the grocery shopping for my household and am not asked for ID 99.9% of the time. In fact, it has been years.

He did not say "sometimes you need an ID", or "to buy alcohol and cigarettes you need an ID" or "when you use certain methods of payment you sometimes need an ID".

He said, affirmatively "You need ID"... inferring that it is most or all of the time, which for most Americans, it is not.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:34 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,051,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You are lying. The question is..why? Are you really that petty that you have to take an innocuous statement and turn it into some kinda of liberal crusade just to satisfy some petty vindictive virtue signalling? I mean really...
GotHereQuickAsICould is telling the truth. I've been on this rock for 68 years, have traveled from coast to coast, been to most of the fifty states. And I've never once been asked to show an ID to buy groceries. Not once. Trump, as usual, is lying through his teeth.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
You are lying. The question is..why? Are you really that petty that you have to take an innocuous statement and turn it into some kinda of liberal crusade just to satisfy some petty vindictive virtue signalling? I mean really...
How is the other person lying?

And honestly, as petty as it seems to some, what DT's quote actually does is elucidate how little he knows about the real life of average Americans.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:42 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,584,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post

And honestly, as petty as it seems to some, what DT's quote actually does is elucidate how little he knows about the real life of average Americans.
Really? That was the point of this 700 post thread? That a multi billionalre is out of touch with regular people?

Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 AM

36,143 posts, read 30,619,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You need a photo ID to buy groceries?

That's the topic of this thread.

Trump stated you needed a picture ID to buy groceries. This is a lie. You do not. All sorts of people buy groceries all the time without showing a photo ID.

Then the posts wandered off into needing to show an ID to buy spray paint, booze, and one thing and another, including carrying a DL in glove compartment. Which you pointed out was a poor idea, what with making police officers "twitchy" and all. Though how one is supposed to get their insurance and registration documents without reaching into the glove compartment remains somewhat of a mystery.

Then you post that I should stop responding to comments if I don't want to discuss carrying an ID. Which, by the way, is not the topic of this thread.

So I have a question. I know it is off-topic, but what the hell, we left that goal in the dust some time ago.

Why is it that Trump supporters on this forum regularly encourage others to quit posting?
Again, congratulation! You caught Trump in a premeditated lie.

The rest of us recognize that not every word spoken is strictly literal or meant to be and have the ability to use complete reading comprehension, or listening comprehension as the case may be, and therefore expand discussions from the strictly literal spoken word.

You post all you want, I just dont see the point of posting and commenting on topics then complaining about the topic being discussed.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Really? That was the point of this 700 post thread? That a multi billionalre is out of touch with regular people?
Combined with other actions it would be a good argument. The problem is, many of us no longer will take for granted that the (D)'s provide an alternative.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:50 AM

36,143 posts, read 30,619,225 times
Quote:

For one thing the other person stated it is not required to show a photo ID when purchasing alcohol. LIE. Liar, liar pants on fire.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Not just an alleged multi billionaire- but the President of the United States, someone who holds the highest elected office in our country.

If he doesn't even know how grocery shopping works, what else doesn't he know?

Old 08-03-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Combined with other actions it would be a good argument. The problem is, many of us no longer will take for granted that the (D)'s provide an alternative.
I lean left but agree with the bolded. Nobody in the Democrats that are potential candidates, have stood out to me yet as being the right choice. Of course, that may change over the next couple of years, but as of this moment, it isn't looking good.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
I lean left but agree with the bolded. Nobody in the Democrats that are potential candidates, have stood out to me yet as being the right choice. Of course, that may change over the next couple of years, but as of this moment, it isn't looking good.
Here is what I hear.

What are you going to do about the low wages?

Russia.

What are you going to do about the millions still without affordable access to health care?

Russia.

What are you going to about the wars?

Russia.

I'm not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies