Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:45 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Our Law enforcement agencies are not the enemy but the Left is making them out to be and guess what people are being hurt and killed because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Then why don't you tell your Dear Leader (the one you will cheer for on command) to stop attacking the F.B.I.?

Lol…….you folks crack me up.

It scary that people are being hurt and killed and you are lol. It's this mentality that has escalated this in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 06:49 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Reporting the news is now considered "whipping up the populace"?
There is a difference in reporting the news and using news to incite violent emotion.... You should look at old Walter Cronkite or Edward R Morrow clips for real reporting.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Guys, CNN decided about 2-3 years ago to take a pretty hard left turn to boost their ratings and financial results and guess what? It worked."

It was created by Ted Tuner a BIG LEFTIE along with his Hanoi Jane Fonda wife and has been hard left since its inception. Where have you been all these years?

"to boost their ratings"

Hasn't worked:
"TOTAL DAY
"CNN: 713,000 total viewers – down 13% (232,000 in 25-54 – down 12%)"

"PRIMETIME: 8-11PM/ET
CNN: 985,000 total viewers – down 17% (341,000 in 25-54 –down 16%)

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/q1-2...evision/360865

Well at least that's heartening. Hopefully it's just that the radicals leftists are so violent and loud that they seem so many. Hopefully there are more everyday great Americans who aren't in lockstep with these extremists.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The only FAKE NEWS is on FOX. They are constantly kissing tRumps butt.
Apparently you don't watch it. I don't either but I have seen enough clips to know that they do report negatively about President Trump. Even more so recently.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
What side was it that took babies and children from their parents knowing the damage it would do to them and didn't give a hoot?
Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Trump storm troopers enter a new phase of the battle to destroy our Constitution. Storm clouds darken the sky. Will there be a Kristallnacht at news headquarters across the nation with the exception of Fox. Shattered glass and news reporters detained in reeducation camps. Welcome to authoritarian America courtesy of Donald J Trump.

Sounds like a CNN report.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:13 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
He needs to man up and stop being such a wuss.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:13 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Well at least that's heartening. Hopefully it's just that the radicals leftists are so violent and loud that they seem so many. Hopefully there are more everyday great Americans who aren't in lockstep with these extremists.

Let's hope so BUT when the leaders of the Dems such as Nancy Pelosi comes out and says stupid things like she is surprised that there are not more protests and civil disobedience in the streets she is actually calling for violence because that is how many of these protests end. How about Maxine Waters that is constantly going on rants to whip up her followers to "IMPEACH 45!" She is one angry woman.

Has the Left ever come out to denounce groups like BLM when they turn violent or how about ANTIFA?

Whoever stands behind a bunch of masked hoodlums that are out for trouble are part of the problem.

How about the unruly mob at Berkley that violently blocked guest speakers and the people that wanted to hear them from having their meeting and violating their first amendment rights? The leaders of the Left seemed to approve of those actions.

When the mob, angry that a cop had to shoot a criminal, was chanting things like "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon" and "what do we want? dead cops, When do we want them? NOW!" and the Left said nothing to denounce this then they are part of the problem.

Obama did nothing to slow the violence in his Chicago in fact his Democratic buddies there halted the stop and frisk approach to preventing crime because they thought it was unfairly targeting black guys. Well if it is the black guys that are carrying weapons and drugs in their predominantly black neighborhoods then guess what, the Police are not going to be stopping white people in a generally crime free neighborhood.

There are many extremists on the Left and they go all the way to the top and that is frightening for the future of our country.

Trump has his faults but in the end he simply wants to enforce existing laws such as those involving illegal immigration and the Left hates him for it. If the Left is against the law that means they are for the criminals which is crazy.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:55 AM

8,619 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Guys, CNN decided about 2-3 years ago to take a pretty hard left turn to boost their ratings and financial results and guess what? It worked. Good for them, they're a for profit company after all so that's their business.

As a result, I wouldn't expect them to get a warm reception from a gathering of right-wingers.

This is absolutely NOT something new in America and frankly news crews have been attacked in the past...all he got was heckling which he tried to turn into bigger news by imagining how it could have gotten worse. That's not exactly what they teach journalists...imagine and report eh? lol.

This reporter works for a FOR PROFIT CORPORATION that has decided to take an opposing political stance so just like I'd expect to see a Fox News truck get booed or whatnot at a pro-illegal rally due to their stances I'm not too shocked by this.
Yup, CNN Continues to be last:
Quote:
CNN boss Jeff Zucker calls this the "golden time of CNN" but it must be fools gold.

With July over, CNN finds themselves in a familiar spot in the ratings.....dead last.

Once again, Fox News sits on top of the numbers with MSNBC a distant second and CNN dragging up the rear.
CNN Continues to be Last

I found this interesting:

Quote:
Isha Sesay was an Anchor at CNN.

She worked as the newsreader on Anderson Cooper's show, she had a show on HLN and most recently worked at CNN Los Angeles.

But now she has quit CNN and her reason will not surprise you in the very least. In fact, the only thing that surprises us, is that more people at CNN have not quit for this very same reason.

“It’s all so Trump-focused,” she explains. “He sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. The media is following that lead to the exclusion of almost everything else, in a meaningful way. For me, personally, it’s not what I want to spend all my time doing.” There is so much else going on in the world and you can feel Sesay’s frustration that it’s not being covered. “After a while, I want to do more coverage of the Ebola outbreak, of the elections in Liberia, or any number of things that are happening. I’m ready to take control of what I’m talking about.”
This Says it All

Old 08-02-2018, 08:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Then why don't you tell your Dear Leader (the one you will cheer for on command) to stop attacking the F.B.I.?

Lol…….you folks crack me up.
To make your statement accurate (for once) you should have said "*specific* leaders of the FBI" not "the FBI (as a whole)" but that would dilute/foil your attempt at some kind of correlation as he's not attacked "The FBI".

A fail as usual...

Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Acosta broke the cardinal rule of news reporting. Never become the story.

A simple reporting of the facts and then a comment along the lines of "I guess they don't like me here!" said with a self deprecating grin would have put all those people to shame, they might have even respected him more for it. Instead, he assumed the fetal position and whimpered. This ensures that he gets it tenfold next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies