Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,052,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
What's a no brainer is that if their parents hadn't come here illegally, they wouldn't be voting at all.
Sorry, change the Constitution then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 07:50 AM

62,906 posts, read 29,119,973 times
The Republicans treat everyone as human beings. It's nonsense to state otherwise.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:39 AM

62,906 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTheArticle View Post
sure, facts in your delusional world.
Refute them with your facts than. I'll wait.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:55 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,643 times
I'm a registered Democrat if that's what you mean and no I wouldn't want a wall if it meant it hurt other members of the Animal Kingdom. I also wouldn't want it because like others said it wastes our money. If I'm going to pay taxes on something it should be something that benefits all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
"The left" doesn't want open borders. Maybe there are some people who want open borders, but they are a minority. As a liberal, I don't want to pay for something that's not going to work. It isn't going to stop illegal immigration. It's going to cost billions of dollars that are better spent elsewhere. And if this wall is built, it's going to cost billions of dollars to maintain it. And while you are complaining about "the left's" spending habits, take a gander at Trump's spending habits.

I'm indifferent about open borders. You can have them or not. It's your choice. I don't pick sides on that because it's not personally relevant to me. I just don't believe in having a wall like you said. I know from experience a wall (mine is emotional/mental not physical but the concept is still the same) can only go so far..if nefarious people want to break in your wall they will and the more you go overboard with it the more you get riff raff. You only end up keeping out decent people in the end so if you need security employ sensible and cost effective security. I'm not sure what that would be but I do know that a wall is not the answer.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:13 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
"The left" doesn't want open borders.

not even "The Left" will take you seriously if you are going to say such obviously ridiculous things.

heck Hillary even said it!

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders..."

Old 08-03-2018, 12:16 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
"The left" doesn't want open borders. Maybe there are some people who want open borders, but they are a minority. As a liberal, I don't want to pay for something that's not going to work. It isn't going to stop illegal immigration. It's going to cost billions of dollars that are better spent elsewhere. And if this wall is built, it's going to cost billions of dollars to maintain it. And while you are complaining about "the left's" spending habits, take a gander at Trump's spending habits.
so I decided to keep reading to see if you would double down on saying things that are so clearly not true.

you did! LOL
As a liberal, I don't want to pay for something that's not going to work.

seriously??????? OMG! that's hilarious! LOL.

thank you for the good laugh.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:17 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
The future, including total-control for the long-term, is for the Democrats about more and more
Democrat-friendly people streaming into the USA. Long-term, total-control is the prize that the Democrats lust after and see getting closer and closer.......no roadblocks or walls wanted.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:17 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
not even "The Left" will take you seriously if you are going to say such obviously ridiculous things.

heck Hillary even said it!

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders..."
She wasn't talking about immigration. Try again.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so I decided to keep reading to see if you would double down on saying things that are so clearly not true.

you did! LOL
As a liberal, I don't want to pay for something that's not going to work.

seriously??????? OMG! that's hilarious! LOL.

thank you for the good laugh.
Thank you for the hilarious posts. You're so funny. Have a great weekend.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:19 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who said we are going to build a wall on mountainous terrain? Those are natural barriers to illegal entry and the Border Patrol can focus on those areas. Where are these new crossings occurring? Certainly not where the double walls are erected! Wrong side of the wall? WTH does even mean? They will not be able to defeat the double layered walls and that's why we need that 700 miles completed.

When the Secure Fence Act was passed in 2006 I don't recall the left crying about making Mexico paying for it why is it now that they are demanding it? Oh, that's right it's Trump who wants it built and he has expressed a plan to make Mexico pay for it of which I posted a link to so now it's a big deal to the left. As for me, since the wall will be built on our side of the border then we should expect to pay for it but Trump is trying to recoup that money from Mexico. If he doesn't succeed then so be it. if he does than more power to him but the wall is necessary and cost effective either way. It's still "our" wall not Mexico's.

Obama promised amnesty during his administration and he wasn't able to make it happen. Did that make him a liar....NO! It just means that president's can't always make happen what they want to.
2006? Stop rationalizing. Trump said he would make Mexico pay for the wall. He was elected because those voted for him thought that he and he alone was going to make it happen. Guess what? Another promise broken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies