Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 03:15 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,472 times

Advertisements

Anti-White racism is an epidemic on social media. If you go on twitter and search "white people" and sort by latest you will find the most racist, bigoted comments you have ever seen in your life and no one says or does anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 03:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
[/b]

Really?
You think democrats (who claim to be against racism) will actually unsubscribe to the NYT.
I doubt even one will.
Democrats routinely lie when they claim to be against racism, while simultaneously supporting the Democrat left's vile and incredibly racist 'identity politics' agenda. Those who are supportive of this agenda are racists, regardless of whether they admit it or not.

As are those who will continue to patronize the New York Times as long as the Times continues to employee and publish demonstrable racists, such as Susan Jong.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:42 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
What you wrote and what Cybelle wrote on a later post on this thread (saying the same thing, only substituting black for white) touches on why I am not ashamed to say that I prefer being around people of my own skin color. NOT because I think "white" people are better -- I truly do not think that way!! -- but because with so much hatred these days based only on how one looks, I just prefer to be around people who I can be fairly sure do not "hate" me just because of the color of my skin.

P.S. on Edit: To clarify the above, however -- I do not feel at all uncomfortable in most situations where people are polite and pleasant, even if such a group is 99% black. I would much rather be around pleasant and polite non-Eurowhite people than be in the crowd of low-class whites (i.e., Jerry Springer type guests).
And so this racism will continue to persist if people avoid others of a different race. I'm around people of different races all the time, and our interactions are perfectly fine and civil. Who knows what they're thinking in their mind, but I don't assume anyone is thinking like this woman.

If we refuse to get to know people of different races or ideologies, then how will we ever get over stereotypes and get along? I think it's better to have any type of communication, even if uncivil, than no communication at all.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:47 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Anti-White racism is an epidemic on social media. If you go on twitter and search "white people" and sort by latest you will find the most racist, bigoted comments you have ever seen in your life and no one says or does anything.
I discovered that when I read an article on NPR about white people having less children. Wow, the comments were horrible, and people posting from their Facebook accounts no less. I guess they feel perfectly comfortable with others seeing their racist tweets because of course they don't think they're racists. But I always have a rule of thumb - if you can replace white with black and it sounds like something that would get most people fired, then you shouldn't say it, period.

What did I have to do with slavery or Jim Crow? Not a damn thing. I treat people of all colors with respect, and I get treated with respect too.

Ironically, it seems that one of this woman's tweets was probably in response to that same article about white people having less children. She would have felt right at home commenting on that NPR article.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:07 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Its good in one way that people, at least on the far left, feel like they don't have to hide their feelings anymore but on the other hand it causes a lot of division and upheaval. Trump being elected gave them an excuse to expose their bigotry it seems, now it is pouring out.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:11 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Democrats routinely lie when they claim to be against racism, while simultaneously supporting the Democrat left's vile and incredibly racist 'identity politics' agenda. Those who are supportive of this agenda are racists, regardless of whether they admit it or not.

As are those who will continue to patronize the New York Times as long as the Times continues to employee and publish demonstrable racists, such as Susan Jong.
Yes. Big-time hypocrites.

But kudos to the moderators here for allowing this thread. I've seen forums that are biased to the liberal side not even allowing this topic to be discussed! Apparently, when an evidence of racism surfaces among Democrats, it is quickly hidden. Either hard-to-believe excuses for her racist tweets are given, and/or people who try to talk about how the NYT has hired a racist are they themselves put down for criticizing a POC. (Classic liberal move....turn it around and attack.)

Old 08-02-2018, 04:24 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Rod Dreher at the American Conservative has an excellent point...

"This is actually a big deal. The Times, one of the most important left-liberal institutions, is now giving its effective imprimatur to virulent anti-white bigotry. Of course the Times is not going to say that it’s good, exactly, but as long as one of its writers claims her own bigotry was really the fault of white bigots, she gets a pass."

https://www.theamericanconservative....-for-the-left/

So the NYT is now all-in attacking white people. What an amazing development.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:36 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And so this racism will continue to persist if people avoid others of a different race. I'm around people of different races all the time, and our interactions are perfectly fine and civil. Who knows what they're thinking in their mind, but I don't assume anyone is thinking like this woman.

If we refuse to get to know people of different races or ideologies, then how will we ever get over stereotypes and get along? I think it's better to have any type of communication, even if uncivil, than no communication at all.
Yes, I understand what you are saying and I agree with it up to a point -- although I don't REFUSE to know people who are a different race or different ideology from mine -- I just don't actively seek them out or purposely put myself in their company. However, I do readily admit that this might be quibbling! To illustrate what I am saying, I work with blacks and whites, and that is fine with me. We are all not only civil and polite with each other, but friendly -- and that is because we do know each other to at least some degree, so there is no prejudice. And, yes, i definitely agree hat the only way to combat prejudice and bigotry is with knowledge.

So when I said that I prefer to be around people of my own race, I meant that I just feel more at ease that way because I am don't feel that they might be judging me in a negative way just because of my skin color.

However, I do disagree that uncivil communication is better than no communication at all.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
The NYT has over 100 years of racism under its belt so this does not surprise.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/when-t...-the-bronx-zoo
I just happened to be reading today about Ota Benga, an African man who was brought to the US by an anthropologist after being sold into slavery. The Bronx zoo put him in a cage next to their monkey display, intended to illustrate human evolution. Some black ministers objected and tried to get him released.

The NYT editorialized that to do so would be an affront to science. Eventually he was released, and later walked into the Vermont woods and shot himself in the heart.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:51 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
It is hardly news that the Times feels just as their new reporter does. The DNC also, no doubt, feels that way, as deplorables was aimed at the white, working class.

We must continue responding at the ballot box. Every single election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies