Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 09:50 PM

21,473 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Jeong is claiming her tweets were "jokes" too. Double standard much?
I’m not calling for her to fired. You go girl! Every time she writes an article, people will remember. Her tweets were not jokes. She pulls out some racist comments she gets and then claims that was the reason she wrote what she did, but I’m guessing the racist comments were responses to what she wrote. She learned that in college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 10:03 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So the New York Times is apparently going full racist.

Remember when Paula Deen was asked if she had ever "used the n-word"? By the way, who cares if she did, as this is a word that has been commonly and broadly used by people of every stripe over the last 50+ years.

Now if Deen had demonstrated a history of being openly hostile towards people based on their race - as this new editorial writer at the New York Times clearly has - then that would have been a different matter. Then there would have been a legitimate reason to condemn her for being a racist, in the same way that Sarah Jeong clearly is.

But nothing like that was ever produced against Paula Deen. Instead, she was effectively harassed out of her position on the cooking channel because of the bigotry towards anti-Southern white people by the increasingly fascist Democrat left.

If the New York Times does not fire Sarah Jeong, then they will clearly be a racism promoting hard-left newspaper.

Nobody need bother with the typical lie and deny response. The proof is in the pudding.
FYI - Paula Deen is still on TV and is doing well today...

Not sure why you brought her up in comparison to this woman. FWIW I don't think her use of the n word was that big of a deal either especially since it was decades ago and she admitted it. I remember there were a lot of jokes on black media about how we were still going to eat her chicken lol and how all Georgia whites called black people that word in the 1960s/1970s lol.

This person and her tweets are not the same thing IMO. I think the NY Times probably just wants the polarized interest in their work to continue. They are very popular with all the conservatives railing against them and what better way to get more popular than to hire a controversial person who has said and will say/write controversial things. More game for the media to play to make u s divided as a nation and too many people falling for this game.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:08 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
But this also establishes the New York Times as an openly out-of-the-closet, racist organization to such an extreme extent that it cannot be honestly or credibly refuted or denied. And that will by extension taint and contamonate other Democrat left media organizations, and other ideologically oriented groups and people who either take their "Political correct" talking point cues from the Times. Unless they somehow manage to disassociate themselves from the Times leadership in the "Political correctness" talking points hierchy, which in practice may actually not be possible.
I already knew this....if you gets more creative with her racist against white male rants, she can be promoted at NYT

Old 08-02-2018, 10:17 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
I'm sure the NYT will immediately clear this racist trash out of their company now that they are aware of it. Much like Papa John's did (for far less offensive comments).

Old 08-02-2018, 10:23 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
[quote=Cybelle;52681066]I dunno- why don't you ask white people who write racist things about black people how they manage to look their black coworkers in the eye the next day?[/Q

So two wrongs make it right? Just admit you enjoy seeing white people be on the receiving end of racist comments!
Funny how this thing's tweets are ok because it was in the past, but Josh Hader gets villified, not forgiven for racist tweets at age 18. Yet he looked his teammates in the eyes and apologized, they forgave, and moved on. The Milwaukee fans got ripped apart for giving him a standing ovation at his next home game, but we ALL know the fans would get nothing but kudos for applauding a black player who tweeted hate against whites.
I just wish that people who enjoy seeing whites be victims of racism and hate, just flat out admit it!

Old 08-02-2018, 10:29 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
The NYT like the Washington Post, Buzzfeed, Vice, Vox, the Root, Disney, NBC have all sided with the left, and work in tandem with the SJW left on issues of feminism, racial special privileges, LGBT, Immigrants, and Islam These media outlets no longer fear the SJW and Feminist, due to the fact that the SJW and the Feminist have infiltrated and work for such organization. The NYT wont fire this woman, likewise when NBC did not fire Joy Reid for her comments against gay people. Certain people will get the pass in the liberal left, while others do not. If it was a white man and to a lesser extant a black man, SJW and Feminist will call the lynch mob. Even Disney with its recent issues with Roseanne and James Gunn. IF James Gunn gets his job back, Disney and ABC will need to rehire Roseanne. James Gunn's pedo jokes were far worse than what Roseanne said to Valerie Jarret.

Let us not forget, that the NYT fired an editor the same day they had hired her when they discovered insensitive remarks on her Social Media page or blog. Again this woman who was fired was a white woman. NYT will need to uphold principle instead of being selective.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:04 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Oh yawwwwnn.

More whining.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:01 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
Top secret information: black women may have to consider them as romantic partners. There is a shortage of black men even at young ages, plus many date outside their race.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:22 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm sure the NYT will immediately clear this racist trash out of their company now that they are aware of it. Much like Papa John's did (for far less offensive comments).
Actually the NYT has doubled down on their hand. Any thing to get readership, controversial yup back stabbing of course, racist bring it on. The older the fish the stinkier the wrapper.

The lady is question is just jealous of our swag men. We all know the type.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:36 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, no, and I don’t consider those two to be even remotely alike. Roseanne made a stupid joke. This woman’s tweets were far worse. Don’t you think it’s a bit hypocritical to defend this woman and demand Roseanne be fired for far less?
Here's how I see it, from checking multiple sources:

Four years ago, Sarah Jeong was being harassed by trolls on social media. Like many trolls, I'm sure some of the things they were harrassing her about were her race and gender. Jeong decided to fight fire with fire, tweeting responses that while they clearly used whiteness as an insult, they were also clearly directed at the trolls. Yes, this was unprofessional on Jeong's part, and the New York Times certainly discussed that with her. I don't think there's any disagreement there.

The problem isn't those tweets though. The problem is that the conservative world is so threatened by outspoken women and people of color that don't "know their place." So much so that they dishonestly took Jeong's tweets out of context in order to silence her. That is a textbook example of racism and sexism at work. Believe me, if a person of color had made horrible unprovoked comments about white people, we wouldn't be having this discussion. And if your beloved straight white Christian males were being harassed by people of color, and they fought fire with fire in the same context that Jeong did, I would make sure that they know their behavior was unprofessional yet judge, and then give them a chance based on the merits of their work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies