Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 07:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

I couldn't figure out how China lost a billion from it's government bank... Now I get it... I am sure the liberals here will want a proper accounting of it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 07:11 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No, you wouldn't. So why are you saying it?
I stand by what I said. Your self projection does not negate that fact.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:15 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Very entertaining.....but since I've spent my entire life employing many people and paying them well over double the prevailing rate...AND paid all my taxes...AND helped charity...you'll have to do better.

Also, MGH is not a "charity" hospital. Look it up - usually in the top 5 in the USA for most disciplines. Right up there with Johns Hopkins, Mayo and....oh, #1 in the country in this rating:
https://www.massgeneral.org/News/new...e.aspx?id=5409

Ha Ha...charity hospital where Kings from 1/2 way around the world go for treatments.

Try as you must, you aren't going to get a lifetime capitalist and businessman to feel bad about being part of society. But I've heard from your type a lot. King of the Universe, right? You make the world go round...

Not.

Sooner or later you may learn. We all are in this together. You didn't build that...start when you wake up in the morning and analyze every product and service and piece of infrastructure you use....oh, before you do that, thank Salk and FDR for the polio vaccine....or making it so the Flu has much less chance of killing you and your employees..and so much more.

For some reason I don't think you will take my advice.
Was that the sound of a mic drop? I know I just heard a mic drop!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:17 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Had the left actually raised $1B to help the poor that they claim to care so much about, I'd have a whole new perspective of them.

But of course, they didn't.
How many poor people have YOU helped?

Old 08-02-2018, 09:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I stand by what I said. Your self projection does not negate that fact.
So if I showed you liberals giving billions to the poor....you would then and forever have respect for the left?

I can dig up MANY billions.....just say the word.
BTW, the "poor" often aren't "the poor" when we libs get done with them. It's called education, medical care, training and employment. Then they aren't poor any longer. That's why lib land here has the highest incomes and net worths in the land (or among them)....not because people were born libs, but because they were given an opportunity to flourish. You know...like a plant flourishes in good soil and weather.

Heck, just Buffet and Gates (yes, both liberals) have given billions....before we get to the lesser libs. In fact, they've pledged virtually their ENTIRE fortunes. Now...why would ANY normal greedy conservative do such a thing...it's against their very religion!

Maybe this guy- Irish...gave away ALL his billions, mostly to very poor people (sanitation in Vietnam, trade schools here and much more)......you could say he was a lib because...heck, how many American Republicans did this:
"Mr. Feeney spoke passionately about world affairs — on Feb. 15, 2003, he marched in London against the threatened invasion of Iraq, during a day of international protests"

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/n...n/26about.html

Just state exactly what you are looking for and I will show you the many billions...to the poor, although many of those poor are lifted up...that's the very idea.

Zuck, of course, gave vast sums to "the poor" and - in fact - almost nothing to political parties. And he's as liberal as they come.....

Another FB founder:
"Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes made headlines when he decided to put his support behind GiveDirectly, a non-profit that gives poor households in Kenya cash via mobile phone, typically $1,000 in installments spread throughout one to two years. The only qualification for receiving funds? Live in a house made of mud and thatch.. "

Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
How many poor people have YOU helped?
More than you know.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
So if I showed you liberals giving billions to the poor....you would then and forever have respect for the left?

I can dig up MANY billions.....just say the word.
BTW, the "poor" often aren't "the poor" when we libs get done with them. It's called education, medical care, training and employment. Then they aren't poor any longer. That's why lib land here has the highest incomes and net worths in the land (or among them)....not because people were born libs, but because they were given an opportunity to flourish. You know...like a plant flourishes in good soil and weather.

Heck, just Buffet and Gates (yes, both liberals) have given billions....before we get to the lesser libs. In fact, they've pledged virtually their ENTIRE fortunes. Now...why would ANY normal greedy conservative do such a thing...it's against their very religion!

Maybe this guy- Irish...gave away ALL his billions, mostly to very poor people (sanitation in Vietnam, trade schools here and much more)......you could say he was a lib because...heck, how many American Republicans did this:
"Mr. Feeney spoke passionately about world affairs — on Feb. 15, 2003, he marched in London against the threatened invasion of Iraq, during a day of international protests"

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/n...n/26about.html

Just state exactly what you are looking for and I will show you the many billions...to the poor, although many of those poor are lifted up...that's the very idea.

Zuck, of course, gave vast sums to "the poor" and - in fact - almost nothing to political parties. And he's as liberal as they come.....

Another FB founder:
"Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes made headlines when he decided to put his support behind GiveDirectly, a non-profit that gives poor households in Kenya cash via mobile phone, typically $1,000 in installments spread throughout one to two years. The only qualification for receiving funds? Live in a house made of mud and thatch.. "
I never said that I would "forever respect" them. I said "I'd have a whole new perspective of them."

Is this how the left reads the news? No wonder the left has no idea what is going on.

Again, had the left chosen to raise all of this money for the poor, FROM THEIR OWN POCKETS like they did to this campaign fund, I would have a whole new perspective of them.

I'm not talking about Facebook co-founders, or Bill Gates, or anyone else with deep pockets, I'm talking about every day liberals who claim to care for the poor. Put your money where your mouth is. Start a donation, raise 1 billion dollars and give it to the poor.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Russia paid more.
They charge now for a Face book page and a Twitter account?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies