Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times

Advertisements

Sometimes you wish you could teach people how to behave. Or, if they behave horrifically, how to apologize for it.

Here, dumba@@ is your line: "I'm sorry I flew into such an angry state. I had a little bit of a panic attack due to the near accident, and wish to make my apologies to the man I took it out on".

There. How stupid do you have to be to say I grew up saying that word and to me it's no big deal, I have no regrets.

Stupid enough to now be unemployable, that's how stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 01:52 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
I do not feel sorry for him and I doubt desertdetroiter does either.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:09 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,710,958 times
I have had times where I yelled at somebody while in my car because they did something to cheese me off.

However, my yelling tends to consist of:

1.) My windows being rolled up. They may know I'm saying something, but they don't know what.

2.) My sentences tend to invoke using a deity's name in vain combined with questioning the overall intelligence of whom I'm ticked off with.

3.) I have *never* followed somebody to their house/workplace/wherever with the intent of screaming at them.

So, no, I have no sympathy for the contractor dude. Yelling "You 'gosh-darn' idiot!" in the heat of the moment is one thing. Following the guy home and deliberately yelling racial epithets is another.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:19 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here’s the thing; he’s probably not a really bad guy. He works in the service industry, and owns a business where it’s quite obvious that he’s serviced plenty of black people.

It’s crazy at how only a few seconds can send years of hard work right down the drain...and all over a dumb traffic dispute which is something we’ve all gotten bent out of shape about. I can’t help but feel some sliver of sympathy for the guy.

http://www.indy100.com/article/racis...io-8472511?amp

That's fair. One should know better, especially in the social media era, and act accordingly. In college, in my field work, I met with some lifers at Waupun and Columbia Correctional. Many of the inmates there, made one stupid, albeit serious mistake- in the heat of the moment, or youthful impulsive stupidity.
I have NO doubt, that a small percentage of those men- all races, if released wouldn't even so much as get a parking ticket the rest of their lives. I hate to see ANYONE suffer forever due to one stupid, ill-timed out of character mistake.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:28 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I do not feel sorry for him and I doubt desertdetroiter does either.
What if a black person had a hateful anti white rant go viral?
He'd be a hero.
Like that Chicago college man Jabari Dean, that, in the heat of emotion, posted online a threat towards white students.
He had some legal issues, but nowhere near as if the opposite occurred, plus he was allowed to stay in college. You think if the guy in DD post was a college kid, that he'd be allowed to remain in school?
To his credit he was remorseful and felt he ruined his future. No way- he'll be seen as a hero in the fight against white supremacy.
I bet you'd forgive him

Old 08-02-2018, 02:37 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Maybe he can go to work for the NYTimes. the management of this paper seems to prefer employees with a history of racist rants.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:43 PM

21,828 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
What if a black person had a hateful anti white rant go viral?
He'd be a hero.
Like that Chicago college man Jabari Dean, that, in the heat of emotion, posted online a threat towards white students.
He had some legal issues, but nowhere near as if the opposite occurred, plus he was allowed to stay in college. You think if the guy in DD post was a college kid, that he'd be allowed to remain in school?
To his credit he was remorseful and felt he ruined his future. No way- he'll be seen as a hero in the fight against white supremacy.
I bet you'd forgive him
Well, yeah. Jabari Dean apparently did not feel like it made him a hero.

"Everything’s changed. Like, everything from relationships with family members, to just me going to school and having a future," he said. "My future’s pretty much - over."
https://wgntv.com/2017/09/21/man-arr...fore-you-post/

I agree, he got off light. But then as you say, Jabari was remorseful. He took down the post promptly, probably realizing how stupid he'd been. He was not allowed to continue college and was expelled.

This clown is not.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:45 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
Quote:
Here’s the thing; he’s probably not a really bad guy. He works in the service industry, and owns a business where it’s quite obvious that he’s serviced plenty of black people.

It’s crazy at how only a few seconds can send years of hard work right down the drain...and all over a dumb traffic dispute which is something we’ve all gotten bent out of shape about. I can’t help but feel some sliver of sympathy for the guy.

I have no sympathy for a person who has road rage, follows someone home and then starts yelling the N word at them. You do something like that and you are not a good person..

Old 08-02-2018, 02:47 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:

Hmm, so racist rant now equals "not a really bad guy".

What we have here is YOU excusing a racist because it suits your desires, and no other reason at all.

public video records have finally made people accountable for their actions. Before people would lie and say they "said no such thing". Now it is not so easy to get away with being a racist.

In fact if we had camera phones and such like 50 years ago, our society would likely have excellent policing and very few racists .

I am sure the guy is very very sorry, but only sorry he can't hide it or deny it. He is just sorry his actions led to him suffering instead of the intended targets..

Old 08-02-2018, 03:01 PM

19,796 posts, read 9,331,249 times
I have no sympathy for Mr. Lovett. His actions illustrate part of the reason why so many blacks have so much hatred for whites in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies