Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 10:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Some people are more hotheaded than others.
Definitely don't want types like that doing any work for me. Especially considering they are around tools. Pain in the neck to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 06:00 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have no sympathy for Mr. Lovett. His actions illustrate part of the reason why so many blacks have so much hatred for whites in general.
And that too is a valid issue.
Besides it isn't like any blacks have EVER said or posted any hateful or threatening rhetoric towards whites- that would be racist!!!
Gotta love how when whites do it, it's a national calamity, but reverse things, and the excuses, rationalizing, and double standards come out of the woodwork- yay!! Whitey is getting his!!!
Then you have a black person showing a bit of mercy, and he gets ripped for that. Just admit it- most people love it when whitey " gets what's coming to them- even Those whites that didnt do wrong; because slavery"

Old 08-03-2018, 09:16 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Besides it isn't like any blacks have EVER said or posted any hateful or threatening rhetoric towards whites- that would be racist!!!
Gotta love how when whites do it, it's a national calamity, but reverse things, and the excuses, rationalizing, and double standards come out of the woodwork- yay!! Whitey is getting his!!!
Then you have a black person showing a bit of mercy, and he gets ripped for that. Just admit it- most people love it when whitey " gets what's coming to them- even Those whites that didnt do wrong; because slavery"
How many blacks do you see in the news, that own successful businesses, have spewed this kind of hate towards white people and had no consequences?

I’ll wait.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:18 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"He followed Lovett for nearly two miles to his home," Two miles is a decent amount of time to calm down and think things through imo. If it happened right away maybe, but even then.....
Two miles is a good amount of time for him to work his racial hate into a froth as well, picturing what he would say, which is what he did as opposed to calming himself down.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:30 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
From now on, every time someone does an internet search for "Jeffrey Whitman" these videos will pop up.

Both the original video and the one of him stating that this is how he was raised.

As his current business is toast, wonder what type of employment he can pursue where these videos won't hold him back.

Be interesting to see how this turns out for him.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:01 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There's another thread on this. Read it a day or so ago.

From what I can tell his complaint about being cut off involved the other driver driving in his own lane and this guy wanting to merge over but couldn't because the other driver was there. The other driver stated it was a solid white line, so he couldn't have merged anyway.

But whatever, seems a pretty small matter to follow someone home, park in his driveway, and insult him.

According to him, his life is ruined but he doesn't regret the name calling since that's how he was raised.

Make your choices. Take your chances.

So be it.
Why would one ever invite a contractor to work on their home with such anger issues as the bolded? The racism is secondary to the complete lack of self control. Someone like this is unstable.

I wouldn't hire a contractor that I knew followed someone two miles, parked in their driveway, and yelled non-racist insults either. I wouldn't hire him if he just followed someone two miles and then parked in their driveway in silence. Can't imagine many others would either.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:08 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here’s the thing; he’s probably not a really bad guy. He works in the service industry, and owns a business where it’s quite obvious that he’s serviced plenty of black people.

It’s crazy at how only a few seconds can send years of hard work right down the drain...and all over a dumb traffic dispute which is something we’ve all gotten bent out of shape about. I can’t help but feel some sliver of sympathy for the guy.

http://www.indy100.com/article/racis...io-8472511?amp
I've personally never followed anyone to their home and shouted racial slurs at them regardless of their behavior on the road.

To me there's no excuse for what he did.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:12 AM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post

Y'know something? This 'whataboutism' just isn't cutting it. Because this is not about what any other whites have done, what any blacks have done, what any purple-striped aliens from Mars has done. This is about what Jeffrey Whitman has done.

To use the oft-quoted question from parents everywhere, "So if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?"

For the record, NOBODY should be behaving in this manner.

And NOBODY should be excusing Mr. Whitman's behavior on the grounds of, "But so and so did it!"

Sheesh. Talk about entitlement issues.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:14 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why would one ever invite a contractor to work on their home with such anger issues as the bolded? The racism is secondary to the complete lack of self control. Someone like this is unstable.

I wouldn't hire a contractor that I knew followed someone two miles, parked in their driveway, and yelled non-racist insults either. I wouldn't hire him if he just followed someone two miles and then parked in their driveway in silence. Can't imagine many others would either.
What I meant was that someone not letting you into a lane seems a pretty small matter to get so upset about.

I agree, I would never hire a contractor with such a short fuse.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:16 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
If he called someone a n*gger in the heat of the moment, I would feel sorry for him as well. I don't think hurling insults in anger on your own time is indicative of much. Americans need to get over the word n*gger. It's almost quasi-religious how they're scared of saying that word!

But to me that's not the salient part of the story. He followed someone home over a road rage incident. That's thug behavior and is inexcusable. He should be in prison as far as I'm concerned. The fact he lost his job, I could care less. No mercy for thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies