Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 07:46 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Brown losers"? Seriously? What a racist and bigoted thing to write!

It's not okay to lay off employees then replace them with visa workers. It's another thing if a company is struggling and has to cut staff. One thing those who were forced to train their H1-B visa replacements have said was that the company didn't even come to them and ask them to take a pay cut. These workers have said if the company was struggling they would have take pay cuts.

You know darn well that Disney had no need to "cut cost". Yet they still attempted to get rid of their IT workers and replace them with H1-Bs.

We aren't discussing the tax code here. If you want to start a separate thread about that, feel free to do so.

I've told you before---I don't care where in the world H1-Bs come from. They should only be brought in if the employer truly searched high and low for workers. Yet, we all know that doesn't happen. There is one case I read about where an employer ended up hiring an H1-B. The employer needed someone who was fluent in Ukrainian because he did business with Ukraine. While there were Americans who could do the required work, he couldn't find anyone who was fluent in Ukrainian. He admitted that he reluctantly used the visa program.

I'm really astonished that you would post something so vile, bigoted and racist. I hate to say it but it looks like you showed your true colors, sad to say.
I think its better to state the obvious than these politically convenient terms like "Asians" "third worlders" "third world hellholes" etc.

Everyone here on a visa is as legal are you are (except for voting and recieving monetary benefits) . Yet we have people like Sql Server say " I would take a bullet if that means people like you are going home". She even complains how smelly their food is and their clothes are. Dont you find that racist or hostile or bigoted?? If you ask her she would say "she is stating the obvious".

I understand you are at the receiving end of H1B which justifies your opinion and views. All I want to say is we re mere pawns in the royal corporate battle.

My true color is always seeking middle ground ,posting facts and add a bit of humor wherever possible.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:47 PM

932 posts, read 543,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I think its better to state the obvious than these politically convenient terms like "Asians" "third worlders" "third world hellholes" etc.

Everyone here on a visa is as legal are you are (except for voting and recieving monetary benefits) . Yet we have people like Sql Server say " I would take a bullet if that means people like you are going home". She even complains how smelly their food is and their clothes are. Dont you find that racist or hostile or bigoted?? If you ask her she would say "she is stating the obvious".

I understand you are at the receiving end of H1B which justifies your opinion and views. All I want to say is we re mere pawns in the royal corporate battle.

My true color is always seeking middle ground ,posting facts and add a bit of humor wherever possible.
No use wasting your energy for such people.
People who come here and complain are usually not competant to do their jobs.

Worthy Americans are happily working and enjoying the tech boom

Old 05-01-2019, 09:52 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post

Everyone here on a visa is as legal are you are (except for voting and recieving monetary benefits) .
Not even close. They are here temporarily and are required to go home when their visa is over. They also know that their visa can be revoked for any reason. Many deliberately overstay their visas. As an American citizen, I don't need a visa to live here. Just as a citizen of India doesn't need a visa to live there.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:02 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
It will be an interesting research to find out the actual numbers, if we can find out how many Indian IT engineers and programmers in some of the major techinal areas like Java, C#, Databases etc work on H1B (I think probably around 1.5 million as a wild guess), and compare it to the number of jobless or laid off American computer science graduates do we have in the country?

Old 05-01-2019, 10:19 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
I take it the above^^^^is your form of sarcasm. If it's not, then it's a bold faced lie

As Big D said, we did just fine without Indians working in IT here. I would say that we did even better than we are doing now with them here.

It's total BS to say that we don't have enough technical people to take these jobs. So, just stop.

Tell that BS to Americans who were laid off and replaced by H1-Bs. To add insult to injury, if they wanted their severance pay, they had to train their H1-B replacements.

Tell that BS also to college graduates who can't find work in IT.

It's time to abolish the H1-B visa program. When it was created, it was supposed to be temporary. The goal was to use the applicant fees to fund American students who wanted to go into IT. Once more Americans were trained, the H1-B visa was supposed to go away. The visa was never meant to deliberately replace Americans with H1-Bs. Its demise (H1-B visa) is long overdue.
As I stated in my previous threads, our poor Trump tried his best, and many business executives were actually ready to hire untrained and unqualified Americans to take on these six figure paying IT jobs. The plan was to train them before, and at work but a huge majority of such candidates failed the drug testing.

The govt is trying it’s best to overcome this problem and hence this whole drama of legalizing marijuana is staged.

Now when a druggie fails the drug test, he slams the doctor’s prescription on the table.

But look at it from the business standpoint.

If a businessman or a group of businessmen invests 100 and millions of dollars, and takes huge loans to run a business then he wants the best employees and the best work horses.

Instead of a bunch of drug addicts, if I have risked 100 and millions of dollars in business investment, I would rather hire a group of emolyees who are ambitious, dedicated, honest and hardworking even if it makes my office smell like pakora, curry and samosa.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
As I stated in my previous threads, our poor Trump tried his best, and many business executives were actually ready to hire untrained and unqualified Americans to take on these six figure paying IT jobs. The plan was to train them before, and at work but a huge majority of such candidates failed the drug testing.

The govt is trying it’s best to overcome this problem and hence this whole drama of legalizing marijuana is staged.

Now when a druggie fails the drug test, he slams the doctor’s prescription on the table.

But look at it from the business standpoint.

If a businessman or a group of businessmen invests 100 and millions of dollars, and takes huge loans to run a business then he wants the best employees and the best work horses.

Instead of a bunch of drug addicts, if I have risked 100 and millions of dollars in business investment, I would rather hire a group of emolyees who are ambitious, dedicated, honest and hardworking even if it makes my office smell like pakora, curry and samosa.
So...you are saying that you will hire H1-Bs over qualified American citizens? If so, that's despicable.

Do you have a link that talks about your first paragraph? If so, please post it.

The fact that you refer to H1-Bs as "work horses" says a lot and none of it is good. You are basically saying that you support hiring cheap, exploitable labor.

ETA --- You should take a look at this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/educa...-does-not.html

There are plenty of kids who would gladly do the work to get to where this young women is . That's why I asked if you have a link to support what you are claiming in your first paragraph.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 05-02-2019 at 12:27 AM..

Old 05-02-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
So...you are saying that you will hire H1-Bs over qualified American citizens? If so, that's despicable.

Do you have a link that talks about your first paragraph? If so, please post it.

The fact that you refer to H1-Bs as "work horses" says a lot and none of it is good. You are basically saying that you support hiring cheap, exploitable labor.

ETA --- You should take a look at this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/educa...-does-not.html

There are plenty of kids who would gladly do the work to get to where this young women is . That's why I asked if you have a link to support what you are claiming in your first paragraph.
And she got the job easily.....which contradicts your point

Old 05-02-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
And she got the job easily.....which contradicts your point
It does no such thing

You know it, too. There are plenty of college grads who are being passed over because greedy companies are hiring H1-Bs. There are also plenty of skilled Americans who have been displaced by H1-Bs.

If anything it disabuses you of the notion that H1-Bs are necessary.

If you actually read the many links I've posted, you would know this. Why are you afraid to read them? It's not hard to read them and if you disagree, then give a cogent reply explaining why.

Try again

Old 05-02-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
It does no such thing

You know it, too. There are plenty of college grads who are being passed over because greedy companies are hiring H1-Bs. There are also plenty of skilled Americans who have been displaced by H1-Bs.

If anything it disabuses you of the notion that H1-Bs are necessary.

If you actually read the many links I've posted, you would know this. Why are you afraid to read them? It's not hard to read them and if you disagree, then give a cogent reply explaining why.

Try again
So a girl with no college degree get a job easily.
But college grads are finding it difficult.
And H1Bs are to blame.

Sounds pretty absurd

Old 05-02-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
So a girl with no college degree get a job easily.
But college grads are finding it difficult.
And H1Bs are to blame.

Sounds pretty absurd
LOL! You really don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, college grads are finding it difficult. I've explained this to you before. You just refuse to accept it.

We don't need any H1-Bs when we have qualified Americans who can't find work and experience blatant discrimination by Indians who refuse to hire non-Indians.

It's a shame that you can't grasp any of this and refuse to read the links I posted. What is abundantly clear is that you have nothing of value to add in the form of a counterpoint or cogent argument.

Finally, the US doesn't owe you a job. Nor do we owe anyone a green card. Just as India doesn't owe Americans a job.

Continue to rant on. It's clear that you are seething because you haven't gotten a green card and feel entitled to it. Complaining here won't change that for you.

It's one thing if you are capable of forming a cogent response. However, you can't or won't do so.

buh bye
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies