Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 12:29 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,171,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Like it or not, bottom lines for most companies like Amazon, FB, Uber, Google, Microsoft etc depends considerably on their Indian revenues. You sell stuff where the market is huge and offer incentives in return. Thats how trade and market works.
Thanks for the mansplaination.

We limit our exposure to Google & Amazon as well. We do not use Uber (or any other ride-sharing app) and our Facebook usage is minimal. In this day and age it's difficult to avoid FANG.

We don't boycott companies who simply do business in India, that's a little absurd. But when possible, we will refuse to do business anymore with a company that outsources its entire IT department and forces its employees to endure the humiliation of training their incompetent replacements.

We will also continue to speak out about this practice and risk being called "racists" by people who have no idea what's really happening.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:53 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,017,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Thanks for the mansplaination.

We limit our exposure to Google & Amazon as well. We do not use Uber (or any other ride-sharing app) and our Facebook usage is minimal. In this day and age it's difficult to avoid FANG.

We don't boycott companies who simply do business in India, that's a little absurd. But when possible, we will refuse to do business anymore with a company that outsources its entire IT department and forces its employees to endure the humiliation of training their incompetent replacements.

We will also continue to speak out about this practice and risk being called "racists" by people who have no idea what's really happening.
No man or woman here. You talk about your stance. I have mine. You target the lower end of the pyramid and risk being called racist. I try to go higher up the pyramid ( banks, higher interest rates, proxy wars) and already called "Anti semite" in the forum

Old 06-16-2019, 02:07 PM

22,333 posts, read 11,861,882 times
Quote:
No man or woman here. You talk about your stance. I have mine. You target the lower end of the pyramid and risk being called racist. I try to go higher up the pyramid ( banks, higher interest rates, proxy wars) and already called "Anti semite" in the forum
You are neither a man or a woman?

As for targeting "the lower end of the pyramid and risk being called racist". Oh, yes...I remember your remark quite well when you showed your true colors.

It seems that you bristle when those of us discuss the shoddy work done by H1-Bs, and now H-4s, also. Then you take us to task (more than once) for not going after the companies who hire H1-Bs. When we explain how we do go after the companies, you complain as to how it's being done. Not only that, you complain that (in so many words) it is a wasted effort. So...what, exactly, do you want?

If all these H-1Bs are geniuses, then why aren't they starting IT businesses in their own countries?

Old 06-16-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

As for targeting "the lower end of the pyramid and risk being called racist". Oh, yes...I remember your remark quite well when you showed your true colors.

It seems that you bristle when those of us discuss the shoddy work done by H1-Bs, and now H-4s, also. Then you take us to task (more than once) for not going after the companies who hire H1-Bs. When we explain how we do go after the companies, you complain as to how it's being done. Not only that, you complain that (in so many words) it is a wasted effort. So...what, exactly, do you want?

If all these H-1Bs are geniuses, then why aren't they starting IT businesses in their own countries?
Exactly.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Everyone knows you and bigdgeek s bias who keeps repeating "they have no business being here" " they should be deported" "ungrateful housewives" etc. And you call me racist for calling myself "a brown loser".

"Part of being an adult is accepting things we dont like " - Don Chepe in Narcos 3.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Everyone knows you and bigdgeek s bias who keeps repeating "they have no business being here" " they should be deported" "ungrateful housewives" etc. And you call me racist for calling myself "a brown loser".

"Part of being an adult is accepting things we dont like " - Don Chepe in Narcos 3.
There you go again --- twisting words.

Saying the H1-B visa program needs to be abolished is not the same as saying they have no business being here. If they are here legally, then, by law, they can stay as long as they have a job and are not here fraudulently.

BTW, I've mentioned more than once that I don't care where in the world an H1-B is from. We simply don't need 99% of them as they aren't doing jobs that Americans can't do.

Yes, using the term "brown loser" is a disparaging and bigoted term. It's sad that you refer to yourself in a pejorative manner.

As for the H-4s --- I've read the articles and saw what they were whining about. One even whined about how if she lost her work authorization, she and her husband will have to sell their second house. A comment like that won't elicit any sympathy --- certainly not from Americans who were displaced by an H1-B and are now worried about making their mortgage payments.

You should practice what you preach. "Part of being an adult is accepting things we don't like". In the case of H1-Bs and H-4s, they will have to accept things that they don't like, no?

And, yes, it's long past time for the H1-B visa to be abolished. It was set up to be a temporary program and the fees collected for it were meant to be used to help Americans get educated to take IT jobs. It's obvious that we don't need H1-Bs when Americans are being laid off and forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want to collect their severance pay.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Saying the H1-B visa program needs to be abolished is not the same as saying they have no business being here. If they are here legally, then, by law, they can stay as long as they have a job and are not here fraudulently.

BTW, I've mentioned more than once that I don't care where in the world an H1-B is from. We simply don't need 99% of them as they aren't doing jobs that Americans can't do.

Yes, using the term "brown loser" is a disparaging and bigoted term. It's sad that you refer to yourself in a pejorative manner.

As for the H-4s --- I've read the articles and saw what they were whining about. One even whined about how if she lost her work authorization, she and her husband will have to sell their second house. A comment like that won't elicit any sympathy --- certainly not from Americans who were displaced by an H1-B and are now worried about making their mortgage payments.

You should practice what you preach. "Part of being an adult is accepting things we don't like". In the case of H1-Bs and H-4s, they will have to accept things that they don't like, no?

And, yes, it's long past time for the H1-B visa to be abolished. It was set up to be a temporary program and the fees collected for it were meant to be used to help Americans get educated to take IT jobs. It's obvious that we don't need H1-Bs when Americans are being laid off and forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want to collect their severance pay.

Yet again, BOS2IAD nails it 100%.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:

I m not twisting. You say h1 needs to be abolished. Bigdgeek says if it was her, then they will be deported and given 30 days to leave. Or take a bullet in her foot if that means all h1bs leave. Even further she said" remember we can jail you, we can deport you. Shut up and stand in line". All these about people here legally.

And you keep applauding each other.

Finally running out of arguments you came back to corascantesque propaganda "americans are laid off and forced to train thier replacements".

I already made it clear that forbes article about whining h4s is rubbish.and the andhra folks are the worst offenders who makes wvery other indian look bad.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I m not twisting. You say h1 needs to be abolished. Bigdgeek says if it was her, then they will be deported and given 30 days to leave. Or take a bullet in her foot if that means all h1bs leave. Even further she said" remember we can jail you, we can deport you. Shut up and stand in line". All these about people here legally.

And you keep applauding each other.

Finally running out of arguments you came back to corascantesque propaganda "americans are laid off and forced to train thier replacements".

I already made it clear that forbes article about whining h4s is rubbish.and the andhra folks are the worst offenders who makes wvery other indian look bad.
It's not "propaganda". Americans, over the years, have been forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want their severance pay. For you to say otherwise is a bold faced lie. Just stop with the lies

So...the majority of H-4s don't care if they lose the right to hold a job? Oh puhleez! Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's rain.

I would like to see the H1-B visa program get abolished. Too bad if you don't like that.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
It's not "propaganda". Americans, over the years, have been forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want their severance pay. For you to say otherwise is a bold faced lie. Just stop with the lies

So...the majority of H-4s don't care if they lose the right to hold a job? Oh puhleez! Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's rain.

I would like to see the H1-B visa program get abolished. Too bad if you don't like that.
I agree that it has caused misery to americans. I have no problemwirh your opinion on abolishment. But it would be a hard fought battle. Good luck and keep fighting. At least no you have trump who is leading something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies