Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2019, 05:31 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,685,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
It will be 48004 now

ha ha "3" I can tell. Who is the 4th one ?

Old 07-28-2019, 11:50 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
ha ha "3" I can tell. Who is the 4th one ?
vision33

Old 07-28-2019, 12:03 PM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Now the DACA people she is dead against have become more valuable now due to having "closer cultural context" .
What are you talking about? You make no sense.

If DACA comes to an end (which it just might do since the dems had their chance to extend it but didn't), the DACAs will have to return to their own countries.

Who ever said the DACAs are "valuable"? That program, like the H1-B, is riddled with fraud and corruption.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:45 AM

This is a nice tool by USCIS.

H-1B Employer Data Hub

https://www.uscis.gov/h-1b-data-hub

Select any filter like your State and year. One can see list of all the companies who have petitioned for H-1B visa and other details including progress. Data can be queried by fiscal year, employer name, city, state, zip code and NAICS code. You can see your employer here !!!

Old 07-29-2019, 07:43 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
I will mostly agree with everything you say but the bold part is pure B.S. There is no chance in hell that a Filipino has better English skills than an Indian. In fact if not for those English skills, Indians really don't have a shot at off-shoring success at all. I am not talking about accent BTW which are but natural.
If you've called any major company's customer service or first-line technical support number in the last 3-4 years, you've probably spoken to a Filipino and not even realized it. In the last few months I've spoken to people in the Philippines when I've called T-Mobile, JC Penney, Oncor, American Home Shield, Samsung, etc. People in the Philippines speak excellent English. It's very sing-songy and can easily be mistaken for a Hispanic accent here in the US.

I agree with you that India would be nothing without the English language.

Quote:
Now the DACA people she is dead against have become more valuable now due to having "closer cultural context" .
Who said anything about DACAs? I'm talking about Mexicans in Mexico. Not DACA people in the US. Do you not know what "nearshoring" is?

There's so much of that work to be had that it wouldn't surprise me to see Indians filling up Spanish classes in Hyderabad. I've never met an Indian who could speak Spanish. The ones here in Texas refuse to learn any Spanish at all.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:50 AM

932 posts, read 543,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
If you've called any major company's customer service or first-line technical support number in the last 3-4 years, you've probably spoken to a Filipino and not even realized it. In the last few months I've spoken to people in the Philippines when I've called T-Mobile, JC Penney, Oncor, American Home Shield, Samsung, etc. People in the Philippines speak excellent English. It's very sing-songy and can easily be mistaken for a Hispanic accent here in the US.

Who said anything about DACAs? I'm talking about Mexicans in Mexico. Not DACA people in the US. Do you not know what "nearshoring" is?

There's so much of that work to be had that it wouldn't surprise me to see Indians filling up Spanish classes in Hyderabad. I've never met an Indian who could speak Spanish. The ones here in Texas refuse to learn any Spanish at all.
English isn't a tough language to learn.
The only barrier is giving too much self importance to own language,culture and traditions.

Language is just a tool...Gotto do whatever gets us through.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:28 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

Do you know Spanish??

I am not sure Hyderabadis would line up for spanish. They will marry a hispanic instaed .However they lose their dowry doing so

Old 07-29-2019, 02:14 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Do you know Spanish??

I am not sure Hyderabadis would line up for spanish. They will marry a hispanic instaed .However they lose their dowry doing so
Yes I do. It's not my strongest language, but I speak four languages completely fluently. Spanish isn't one of those.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:32 AM

There are thousands of Indian immigrants in Spain who can hardly converse in Spanish despite living in that country for years. Running Corner shops with milk/bread/smaosa, taxi, post card, trinkets and selling illegal beer on Beaches. There livelihood is tourism focussed and they survive with English.

Those who are born in spain or those Indians who migrated from African Colonies and now citizens of Spain are fluent in language.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Do you know Spanish??

In India, there are prestigious Universities like JNU, BHU where students apply at Foreign language degree courses. There are hardly any takers for Spanish- last priority mostly.

French/ German/ Russian/ Spanish /Japanese/ Chinese/ Korean /Arabic/ Persian/ Pashto are offered.

Russian, Japanese, Korean, German, Chinese are most popular amongs students as far as job prospects are concerned.

No Job opportunities for learning Spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.