Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:12 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times

Advertisements

When he held a rally in Nashville there was coverage in the local paper including live video and interviews with people who waited outside the venue because it was packed and they could not get in. There were also some media that printed photos before attendees arrived and printed articles as though no one showed up. So my suggestion would be to check out the local news media in the town the rally was held after the event actually took place to determine the attendance.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:53 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Regarding the Nashville rally crowd size:

“You know we have an event. I hear we have 12,000 people there. They have 12,000 seats. We have 12,000 people,” Trump said according to an audio record obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK-Tennessee.

Joseph Pleasant, Nashville Fire Department spokesman, reported the building capacity around 9,600.

"Our Fire Marshal's office counted around 5,500 people who attended the rally last night," he said.

Part of the seating area was blocked off to allow for crowd risers and huge flags behind the stage.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...rts/655630002/

Old 08-03-2018, 09:57 AM

So Nashville Fire Dept. reported 5,500 people in a building with a capacity for 9,600.

Trump claimed 12,000 attended.

If he is only able to fill half a venue, it makes sense to move to smaller venues.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:46 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So Nashville Fire Dept. reported 5,500 people in a building with a capacity for 9,600.

Trump claimed 12,000 attended.

If he is only able to fill half a venue, it makes sense to move to smaller venues.
And yet as I said on the live local news people were interviewed standing in a line surrounding the venue because they were not able to get inside because the venue was at capacity.

but go ahead an use Trumps guess so you can call him a lair. Not sure why you even asked about ways to know the attendance at rallies. in the article the media initially reported 1000. LIARS. Then 5,500. Trump estimated 12000K.LIAR. because he thought the arena held 12000. Then he estimated 8k. LIAR. because he was then told it held 8k. LIARS
And the number was of those inside the arena, BTW, not those who came but were not able to get inside. So by all means if your intent is to make Trump look bad or call him a liar, nit pick numbers.
Who cares. The rallies in Nashville were packed out. We have no idea why the venue was changed in Ohio. The rally isnt even until Aug. 7 but lets go ahead a say because of low attendance. What ever makes you sleep better at night.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:51 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Interesting that Trump's rally in Ohio on Saturday was moved from the Delaware County Fairgrounds to a local high school instead.

Ah well.

Trump does a Sad when he doesn't fill the venue.
Hopefully they hold it in a classroom.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:57 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Interesting that Trump's rally in Ohio on Saturday was moved from the Delaware County Fairgrounds to a local high school instead.

Ah well.

Trump does a Sad when he doesn't fill the venue.
Regardless the venue, no doubt the level of support will be the most ever enjoyed by any POTUS, and no doubt this POTUS will be sure to make that point...

What's up with all the rallies in the first place? I've read some interesting theories but none that seem to suggest much other than Trump's desire to surround himself with followers who insulate him from the outside world not quite so enamored. Not to mention what Trump could be doing here and abroad a bit more productive than preaching to his own choir!

Old 08-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And yet as I said on the live local news people were interviewed standing in a line surrounding the venue because they were not able to get inside because the venue was at capacity.

but go ahead an use Trumps guess so you can call him a lair. Not sure why you even asked about ways to know the attendance at rallies. in the article the media initially reported 1000. LIARS. Then 5,500. Trump estimated 12000K.LIAR. because he thought the arena held 12000. Then he estimated 8k. LIAR. because he was then told it held 8k. LIARS
And the number was of those inside the arena, BTW, not those who came but were not able to get inside. So by all means if your intent is to make Trump look bad or call him a liar, nit pick numbers.
Who cares. The rallies in Nashville were packed out. We have no idea why the venue was changed in Ohio. The rally isnt even until Aug. 7 but lets go ahead a say because of low attendance. What ever makes you sleep better at night.
The Fire Dept. said it was not at capacity. In fact, it was about half filled.

The Tennessean, part of the USA Today network, reported this and have stood behind it.

NYT reported 1,000 then later retracted this report.

So far, no word that Trump has retracted his lie about the 12,000.

If you have a source where he did so, please post.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Regardless the venue, no doubt the level of support will be the most ever enjoyed by any POTUS, and no doubt this POTUS will be sure to make that point...

What's up with all the rallies in the first place? I've read some interesting theories but none that seem to suggest much other than Trump's desire to surround himself with followers who insulate him from the outside world not quite so enamored. Not to mention what Trump could be doing here and abroad a bit more productive than preaching to his own choir!
He's got to keep preaching to his choir.

It keeps the Republicans supporting him and builds his campaign coffer that he uses to pay his legal team, such as it is.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Today's rally at Penn is the most lively rally I've ever seen, and I've seen them all.
Loudest and most enthusiastic crowd ever.
He's more beloved than ever, and that's why his Republican approval rating keeps rising.
Trump should not be having any. He won the election, and rallies are for candidates. And you know how many rallies he's had? 31. And he has more scheduled. It's proof that Trump didn't want to be president. He wanted to be a different kind of TV star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Trump_rallies

Old 08-03-2018, 11:03 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Today's rally at Penn is the most lively rally I've ever seen, and I've seen them all.
Loudest and most enthusiastic crowd ever.
He's more beloved than ever, and that's why his Republican approval rating keeps rising.
One of the things I get a kick from observing in these threads is the obvious effect of confirmation bias, just how widespread it seems to be in America and just what an influence/problem it tends is. Reminds me of a couple threads I started sometime back about this dynamic...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hat-we-do.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies