Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is racism a big factor in keep minorities down?
Yes 62 34.83%
No 116 65.17%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 AM

39,810 posts, read 26,408,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, but the racism is a left-wing thing. For example, US public education system results. Teachers unions make 94% of their political donations to Democrats (source: Open Secrets).

Percent of 12th grade students of each race/ethnicity who are proficient or above, by race/ethnicity group:

Mathematics:

Overall: 26%

Asian/Pacific Islander: 47%
White: 33%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 12%
Hispanic: 12%
Black: 7%

Reading:

Overall: 38%

Asian/Pacific Islander: 47%
White: 47%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 26%
Hispanic: 23%
Black: 16%

National Assessment of Educational Progress - NAEP - 12th Grade Mathematics and Reading

Does anyone really wish to assert that Hispanic or Black students are actually that much less intelligent than White students? Or is it far more likely that our country's public K-12 education system is the largest, most wide-spread form of institutional racism there is in the U.S., thanks to Democrats?

BTW, it isn't a funding issue. Many school districts (e.g., Camden, NJ, Washington, DC, etc.) spend $20,000+ per student per year and still yield abysmal results....
Which demonstrates that educational success is not a factor of how much money we can throw at education (some of the worst schools get the most funding) but by the culture that is embraced by the students and by the support of parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I don’t think Neil deGrasse Tyson, Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou, Kenneth Chennault, Octavia Butler and other very high achieving blacks (who have very successful careers unrelated to entertainment) got where they are because of affirmative action.

This is just a narrative that many people push to make themselves feel better.

Truth - it is another example IMO of following the ideology that I mentioned. If someone tells you that you are successful because of Affirmative Action or that you will be MORE successful without it - you recognize the fact that this person has an inferior view of black people. This is the stuff I go over with young people BTW. And once you recognize the fact, you don't even have to mention it to them - you just know that that person has those tendencies and you don't let it effect what you want to do or where you want to go in your life unless said person tries to put up a barrier for you - then you call in the black activists (who they all despise and like to denigrate even though they have a pretty solid history of getting things accomplished).

Old 08-03-2018, 10:31 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,695,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
That's woke and hotep.

So tell me. How would you do away with white supremacy? I gave my take on how to dismantle white supremacy, but according to you that is not the point. I swear alot of black Americans have become too emotional these days. I'm trying to help you out. No wonder black Americans and non black Americans can't get along anymore. Also what you stated, I already knew already. And I'm sorry black folks in this country have to go through such laborers extreme. I have already stated before. Leave the black man and the black woman alone white people.
Absolutely nothing about this poster, residinghere, is “hotep.”

I don’t know where you got that from.

I think you’re trying to be funny.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:34 AM

13,853 posts, read 5,567,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I don’t think Neil deGrasse Tyson, Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou, Kenneth Chennault, Octavia Butler and other very high achieving blacks (who have very successful careers unrelated to entertainment) got where they are because of affirmative action.

This is just a narrative that many people push to make themselves feel better.
I never said they did, not anywhere. Nowhere in any post of mine will you see me asserting that successful blacks only achieved success via affirmative action. Such writing does not exist because I do not believe that nor have I ever typed it.

I said that affirmative action, quota and preferential hiring/college admission rules squash the narrative that institutional racism can be blamed for lack of black progress compared to other races, considering all those institutional rules/regs/laws exist specifically to give the most advantage to blacks over all other race demographics.

Therefore, this lack of progress in that one particular community needs to find another scapegoat, because racism is not to blame. If you are a black person who succeeds, you do so on your own merit. If you are a black person who fails, you do so on your own lack of merit. Same goes for anyone of any race, gender, sexual orientation, planet/galaxy of origin, etc. Stop blaming racism, start blaming the person in the mirror.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I never said they did, not anywhere. Nowhere in any post of mine will you see me asserting that successful blacks only achieved success via affirmative action. Such writing does not exist because I do not believe that nor have I ever typed it.

I said that affirmative action, quota and preferential hiring/college admission rules squash the narrative that institutional racism can be blamed for lack of black progress compared to other races, considering all those institutional rules/regs/laws exist specifically to give the most advantage to blacks over all other race demographics.

Therefore, this lack of progress in that one particular community needs to find another scapegoat, because racism is not to blame. If you are a black person who succeeds, you do so on your own merit. If you are a black person who fails, you do so on your own lack of merit. Same goes for anyone of any race, gender, sexual orientation, planet/galaxy of origin, etc. Stop blaming racism, start blaming the person in the mirror.
I said it’s a narrative that people push to make themselves feel better. And yes many people fail and achieve on their own merit.

I think the last sentence clearly summed up my thoughts.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:44 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,988,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Relaxx is a troll. Don't take his comments lightly.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,988,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I actually despise hoteps so please do not associate me with them. They are the largest purveyors of the ideology of white supremacy in black America and are a reason why people like me have the issues we do within black American in countering the psychological influences of white supremacy racism - they do the same things that people in this forum do. Continuously insist and act like black Americans are a stereotype or need to be more like white people in order to be good people.

I'm not being emotional. I've mentioned before, I don't routinely get emotional over internet stuff.

What you mentioned in your post though, as I noted, has nothing to do with white supremacy - which is a form of racism.

Do you agree that many black people embrace the idea that they are inferior to other groups of people?

If you do, then I would wonder why you'd think any change in language, government, etc., would make a difference. I'll note that many other people in various parts of the world, outside this country also embrace white supremacy ideology - in particular Africans do in certain nations - they speak their own language, many follow a traditional religion, etc., yet they still view themselves, their culture, and their people as worse than whites or Europeans.

It goes far beyond the surface level items you mentioned.

Note the only thing I'd ever get emotional about is someone trying to insinuate that I am anything like a hoteop lol (the HORROR!! ) Note I have few hotep-ish associates and family members - they NEVER discuss this sort of thing with me because their ignorance becomes apparent. Here on this forum I respond to the general, probably mostly white community, but on black themed social media sites, I hit hard at hoteps and most of them on those sites hate that I don't see them as "pro-black" and instead I view them as tools of white supremacy. They agree with nearly everything someone at Stormfront would say about black people and suffer the most in regards to embracing this ideology within black America.
I too despise hoteps and pro blacks. Just as much as I despise white nationalist and white racists. Anything that has to do with black power or white power is equally divisive. I just recently in a youtube group chat where we talked about pro blacks. Any way you can't be pro black and support illegal immigration, and why you can't be pro black and date a white person, or even a biracial person such as myself who embraces being mixed. You can't take hoteps and pro blacks seriously because they didn't follow their narrative to the T.

I said hotep in order to get you triggers. Haha

Old 08-03-2018, 10:48 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,974 times
To answer the OP....in this day and age? Nope. And I don't care who doesn't like to hear it.

It's not the driving factor imo, although there are certain incidents that can't be denied...and I say this as someone who is black. It is what it is...But just based on observation...i'd say that there are two particular reasons for why many poorer blacks collectively and habitually fall behind...imo and it's primarily because of:

1) The OOW rate-which basically removes us from two committed parent household incomes, which ultimately restricts where we live, where our children go to school, their extracurricular activities, their choices in colleges, and eventually who is in their network for jobs, marriage prospects etc etc. It also increases the likelyhood of everything negative...from crime to low test scores to teenage pregnancies. It just has a ridiculous domino effect.

2) The over indulgence in depreciating assets (i.e the disproportionate amount of income spent on fashion, and entertainment as opposed to investments and savings) aligned with VERY poor money management and prioritizing. Financial illiteracy is a HUGE problem in the BC imo....especially amongst the poorest. We're quick to send our kids to basketball camp for the summer, instead of Math and other educational camps like Asians, Jews and non-white trash whites do.

Last edited by itshim; 08-03-2018 at 11:01 AM..

Old 08-03-2018, 11:12 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Quote:
I too despise hoteps and pro blacks. Just as much as I despise white nationalist and white racists. Anything that has to do with black power or white power is equally divisive. I just recently in a youtube group chat where we talked about pro blacks. Any way you can't be pro black and support illegal immigration, and why you can't be pro black and date a white person, or even a biracial person such as myself who embraces being mixed. You can't take hoteps and pro blacks seriously because they didn't follow their narrative to the T.

I said hotep in order to get you triggers. Haha

I figured you did which is why I didn't take it personal lol.

I do consider myself to be "pro-black" in nature, but IMO hoteps are not pro-black. Pro-black for me means that I see all black people as capable of doing the things they set out to do and to help other black people achieve those goals. Being pro-black for me doesn't mean I am hateful towards anyone else either. Love is love and people are people - I just worry a lot about the psycho-social conditioning of black people because it is something that will affect my children and grandchildren. I honestly don't worry much about the stuff people on here worry about in regards to black people - I worry the most about us not loving each other and our history and our culture. We are wonderful people just as wonderful as everyone else.

Note, I don't support illegal immigration (mostly because of my children had their identity stolen by an illegeal immigrant - I am actually "for" our nation defining citizenship as being based on the citizenship of a child's parent(s) - basically the same as nearly every other country) I have no problem with inter-racial dating/relationships - in America IMO we are all mixed with something else anyway.

I don't take hoteps seriously because they are ignorant. They attempt to try to push "Afrikan culture" yet they fail to realize that the continent of Africa is made up of thousands of cultures. I always ask them which one do they think we should follow lol. I also truly don't like their homophobic rhetoric, racist rhetoric towards white people and other non-black people, racist rhetoric about black people ourselves, and their misogynistic attitudes toward women. They are the worse of the worse and unfortunately it seems that with the proliferation of YouTube in particular they have become more popular in black America - that worries me a lot because I do feel they push the ideology of white supremacy unknowingly in black America. So while all these posters around here try to tell us black people what to do when it comes to our families or jobs or educations - I'm trying to make sure the young people I know and people I work with don't fall for the okey-doke of these hoteps who actually are being successful in pushing a message of black inferiority and the idea that white people keep black people from XYZ when that is not the case IMO.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Relaxx is a troll. Don't take his comments lightly.
Uhh, no.

I’m not a troll and I’ve been posting here for some time.

Perhaps you are.

You claim you hate Social Justice Warriors, and people blaming race but you constantly post on anything and everything related to race and black people in the NYC forum.

And in your posts you always project onto other people.

You don’t know me. So don’t try me.

Not today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies