Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is racism a big factor in keep minorities down?
Yes 62 34.83%
No 116 65.17%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 02:31 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The poll? Which minorities?
Minorities that are at the bottom of the totem pole. So not Asians but blacks and hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Economic inequality compounds generationally - injustices from the past still haunt minorities today. For example, almost all black university students must take out student loans; that's mostly because minorities inherit almost nothing in terms of generational wealth. A big factor is wealth is homeownership - and the market value of homes in minority areas plummeted due to redlining that occurred many years ago.

My answer is yes, it's the basic economic reality.
An estimated 86.8% of black students borrow federal student loans to attend a four-year public college, as opposed to 59.9% of white students,

Black students borrow more than other students for the same degrees, and black borrowers are more likely than white borrowers to drop out without receiving a degree.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:11 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
Only because they let it happen without even realizing it.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Only because they let it happen without even realizing it.
I'm not following. What would be an example or two of that.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:32 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'm not following. What would be an example or two of that.

Well, I think racism is not always so " black and white". I think by enabling people, treating them like they can't do anything on their own without assistance, is the same as holding them down, or racism.
That seem to happen a lot certain minorities. And I think they do it to themselves as well. But it is more complicated than that. I wish I could give you more examples but I am at work...so I have to stay off C.D
I will be back later.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:36 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
A simple yes or no and an explanation to back up your claims please.

I voted no and will explain my reasoning later.

Yes.

Gangs, drug use, fatherlessness, violent crime, illiteracy and a general sense of entitlement, not so much.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Well, I think racism is not always so " black and white". I think by enabling people, treating them like they can't do anything on their own without assistance, is the same as holding them down, or racism.
That seem to happen a lot certain minorities. And I think they do it to themselves as well. But it is more complicated than that. I wish I could give you more examples but I am at work...so I have to stay off C.D
I will be back later.
Thanks I understand.
Like offering drinks or drugs to someone fresh out of rehab. Or making it too easy to not work and receive government assistance when there are jobs available. Jobs that pay less then the previous jobs, but still jobs.
I've seen and heard that often enough.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes.

Gangs, drug use, fatherlessness, violent crime, illiteracy and a general sense of entitlement, not so much.
Isn't drug use among races fairly even percentage wise?
Why do you think there is a higher percentage of kids without fathers in minorities?

Old 08-03-2018, 04:33 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Democrats, media and activists are a major factor in 'keeping minorities down'.

From activists we learn everyone of a different color is out to get us. mother goose is racist, confederate flag is cruelly offensive. And if anyone ever said a banned word, anytime in the distant past, they are the equivalent of a murderous member of the KKK and their career and life must be crushed with no chance of redemption....unless you are a liberal or democrat. The media acts as the enforcer!

The democrats count success as the number of people they put on life support, rather than the number healed. Democrat hierarchy is a pure political animal. they live to collect votes and have discovered the maintenance of an issue, rather than a solution, ensures a constant supply of examples to support their political agenda. People they pretend to help are willingly sacrificed for the cause.

The media ignores the bodies piling up in Chicago each weekend and loses its mind over a single controversial shooting where resisting arrest is endorsed and unproven 'facts' promoted. NBC doctors 911 tape to make caller sound racist. Media and democrat politicians embrace BLM, their lies that defy statistics and their call to kill cops.

The democrats with the help of media, social media and left wing liberals, looking for a cause, continue to use hate and fear mongering to divide the nation. A legacy of kindred spirits, Obama and Putin. When your goal is to spread hate and fear, hate and fear define you.

Hanging with that crowd would bring anyone down. Mutual denigration society, no one ever thrives in that company.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:47 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,069 times
Quote:
What do you think is a big factor that helps someone attain education?
I am white and did not have the financial means to attend college so stuff your implied notions that whites are all rich so get a free ride through college merely due to their race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies