Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I don't understand why the OP think its "surprising coming from Fox News...."
Some of these threadstarters around here seem to think everybody on Fox News is pro-Trump, when the reality is many of Fox News anchors and panelists have ALWAYS been anti-Trump.
Throughout 2016 and 2017 a bunch of them have been anti-Trump, including the following:

Chris Stirewalt is occasionally positive but usually critical of Trump.
Shephard Smith is 100% anti-Trump.
Juan William is 100% anti-Trump.
Chris Wallace is 75% anti-Trump, and so is Cavuto.
Fox News pays people to be be anti-Trump in order to be fair and balanced.
Maybe the CNN viewers have never seen fair and balanced reporting.
No typically the Fair and Balanced people on CNN are total and utter shills bringing no viable point. At least Fox doesn't just have the pro-Trump shills. That said, I can't do Fox because of the "war" aspects of their news reporting I spoke of in previous posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's free publicity for that con man anyway. If he can't treat the media with respect for even that reason, they should all pull out.

Used to be he could pull in 20 thousand, now he's lucky to get 8 thousand. Waste of effort anyway ...
Can you give me a link to the attendance stats of each rally?

Old 08-04-2018, 11:04 AM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is kind of ironic...

...No one likes being verbally attacked or called out but the media does it every day with Trump.
I guess they can't take it when he turns the tables?
No one likes being verbally attacked or called out but Trump does it every day with the media. I guess he can't take it when they turn the tables?

Yes, very ironic...

Old 08-04-2018, 11:15 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I don't understand why the OP think its "surprising coming from Fox News...."
Some of these threadstarters around here seem to think everybody on Fox News is pro-Trump, when the reality is many of Fox News anchors and panelists have ALWAYS been anti-Trump.
Throughout 2016 and 2017 a bunch of them have been anti-Trump, including the following:

Chris Stirewalt is occasionally positive but usually critical of Trump.
Shephard Smith is 100% anti-Trump.
Juan William is 100% anti-Trump.
Chris Wallace is 75% anti-Trump, and so is Cavuto.
Fox News pays people to be be anti-Trump in order to be fair and balanced.
Maybe the CNN viewers have never seen fair and balanced reporting.
I don't watch either one (don't have cable and I didn't like either one when I did years ago).

However, Fox's headliners, those performance artists like Hannity and the crotch couch team are big Trump support and that is what the network is known for. Trump has never, so far as I can recall, called out Fox in a negative way at one of his rallies. So yes, it is somewhat surprising.

But the call to pull out just about has to come from Fox. As long as Fox is there no one else will pull out, for fear of feeding intro a narrative.

It reminds me of when Nixon went to China. It had to be a Republican, because if any Democrat had gone that person would have been excoriated by the right wing pundits as consorting. Thus, it fell upon a Republican after all.

It was good for business, so Nixon met Mao. I am sure he would rather have had Johnson or Humphrey do it, so he could throw political barbs at them (while setting up business deals).

Old 08-04-2018, 11:25 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The networks should stop covering these propaganda events. They just provide Trump a platform to spew more lies to energize his base.
Bingo.

If I turn on the TV and Trump is blathering away, I switch the channel. A little of that goes a long way.

If his base wants to watch him lie, insult, and clown around, so be it.

Old 08-04-2018, 03:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

If I turn on the TV and Trump is blathering away, I switch the channel. A little of that goes a long way.

If his base wants to watch him lie, insult, and clown around, so be it.
I have a problem with the MSM pulling out completely from Trump rallies. If they did then Trump and his news lackeys would own the narrative. The American people have a right to know what goes on and what is said at these rallies just like the historical archives will always keep records of despots speeches as they did with Hitler and his rallies.

I have a much better Idea. The mainstream media should change their tactics to use the strategies the right wing Trump people did to discredit the left and the media in 2016.
Infiltrate, document and disseminate.

To clarify, send only one media person to a Trump rally with no cameras or big staff. Just an audio feed to record Trump's complete audio speech. Then pepper the room with media people in MAGA hats and shirts with really good quality cell phones. Take intimate pictures of Trump's antics and especially the brutish nature of his cult followers. do it all incognito. Everyone at a trump rally already has their cell phone out recording their leader anyway so the incognito media won't stand out. Then go back and edit all the pieces of impromptu videos together, couple it with the transcript of the Audio and you have an instant newsworthy item that shows the most sensational and gruesome aspects of the entire Trumpster experience. From the antics on the floor to the podium.

Soon the Trump people will catch on but not before the hate and vile nature of the mob is shown in gritty detail. Trump will probably ban all cell phones from his rallies and his rallies will become a totally different experience due to his paranoia.
He's turned the operation of the presidency into a Trump reality show. Let's turn his whole cult rallies into a bizarre reality show and shoot it back at him.

Let's start to play by their rules and beat them at their own game. Democrats and liberals have played in this sandbox way to nice for way too long.

My thoughts on the matter

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-04-2018 at 04:30 PM..

Old 08-04-2018, 04:20 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I have a problem with the MSM pulling out completely from Trump rallies. If they did then Trump and his news lackeys would own the narrative. The American people have a right to know what goes on and what is said at these rallies just like the historical archives will always keep records of despots speeches as they did with Hitler and his rallies.

I have a much better Idea. The mainstream media should change their tactics to use the strategies the right wing Trump people did to discredit the left and the media in 2016.

To clarify, send only one media person to a Trump rally with no cameras or big staff. Just an audio feed to record Trump's complete audio speech. Then pepper the room with media people in MAGA hats and shirts with really good quality cell phones. Take intimate pictures of Trump's antics and especially the brutish nature of his cult followers. do it all incognito. Everyone at a trump rally already has their cell phone out recording their leader anyway so the incognito media won't stand out. Then go back and edit all the pieces of impromptu videos together, couple it with the transcript of the Audio and you have an instant newsworthy item that shows the most sensational and gruesome aspects of the entire Trumpster experience.

Soon the Trump people will catch on but not before the hate and vile nature of the mob is shown in gritty detail. Trump will probably ban all cell phones from his rallies and his rallies will become a totally different experience due to his paranoia.
He's turned the operation of the presidency into a Trump reality show. Let's turn his whole cult rallies into a bizarre reality show and shoot it back at him.

Let's start to play by their rules and beat them at their own game. Democrats and liberals have played in this sandbox way to nice for way too long.

That's a great idea.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:28 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The only station that has them from start to finish is FOX.
The others just show the sound bites they wish.
I caught one earlier this week - must have been around 4am (I'm an insomniac ) - lasted over an hour.
Very moving. My Uncle fought in Korea, lucky enough to come home - and like all my family that fought in WWII (11) never talked about it much at all.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
they are partly correct, the fake news networks like CNN & MSNBC probably shouldnt be going to cover the Trump rallies with all the heat they have generated by showing the amount of hate and animosity they have for this President. They made their bed, now they get to sleep in it.
They are desperate for Air Time and it's all about ME-ME-ME - drama queen prima donnas.
Jim Acosta thinks he is a Rock Star.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

To clarify, send only one media person to a Trump rally with no cameras or big staff. Just an audio feed to record Trump's complete audio speech. Then pepper the room with media people in MAGA hats and shirts with really good quality cell phones. Take intimate pictures of Trump's antics and especially the brutish nature of his cult followers. do it all incognito. Everyone at a trump rally already has their cell phone out recording their leader anyway so the incognito media won't stand out. Then go back and edit all the pieces of impromptu videos together, couple it with the transcript of the Audio and you have an instant newsworthy item that shows the most sensational and gruesome aspects of the entire Trumpster experience. From the antics on the floor to the podium.

I hate to burst your bubble -- BUT, all of these Trump Rallys are video taped in their entirety.
No need for a "secret" "gotcha" recording ....... they are both LIVE and online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies