Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 10:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I give up. You're arguing just to argue.
Quit deflecting

Quote:
White people can post threads about cops shooting white people.
Again, what does race have to do with what posters can post. When someone ignores the race that has been killed more than any other, a red flag goes up. Quit defending bigotry. It's despicable.

Quote:
That shouldn't be dissected to the point where the point of the thread has been derailed with people implying they have an agenda.
Not implying anything. Stating the truth. That poster makes it about non whites being victims instead of all races.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
to a point you are right. if the cops are there to arrest you, then best to let them, and fight it in court later on.

I wasnt going to say anything about this, but since Ive been seeing so many people give out that kind of advice, I felt compelled to say something..imo that is TERRIBLE advice. "just give in and OBEY" and then fight it later in court....really? LOL

'Just doing ones job' has never been a valid excuse.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wasnt going to say anything about this, but since Ive been seeing so many people give out that kind of advice, I felt compelled to say something..imo that is TERRIBLE advice. "just give in and OBEY" and then fight it later in court....really? LOL

'Just doing ones job' has never been a valid excuse.
Better than dying. Knowing your rights helps.

I hope you don't give up your life to stand up to a cop. If he's pointing a gun at you, please do as he says.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:39 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Thought this is an interesting case, and has more to do with true "police corruption" than some of the other questionable cases. It involves a situation where a man was assaulted by police when he demanded to see a warrant for his arrest, which the officers did not have.

I'm seeing that a warrant might have existed, but the officers did not have it in their possession when they approached the man.

Posting this because of...

A) Legal procedure. Shouldn't officers HAVE to have a warrant on them to arrest someone who isn't committing a crime, or for certain searches?

B) Was excessive forced used in this case? Any legal experts want to weigh in on officer's rights when they don't have a warrant?

Interesting case. There is video of the incident in the article. And it goes straight to our 4th amendment rights. Thoughts??

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...e=lift_amplify

"A criminal justice expert says Avoyelles Parish law officers who wrestled a Marksville man off a tractor while serving an arrest warrant last year used too much force, needlessly escalating a confrontation that ended with the man's death. A second expert said he doesn't agree the officers used excessive force, but said they may have acted negligently by failing to administer aid once Armando Frank was unconscious.

A video recording of the arrest, obtained by The Advocate, shows officers growing frustrated with Frank, 44, after he refuses to step down from a tractor near a Walmart store along La. 1. A use-of-force expert who reviewed the 10-minute recording at the newspaper's request says the law officers escalated the exchange by placing Frank in a choke hold and attempting to yank him off the tractor."

If you are a sworn law enforcement officer attempting to arrest a veteran , and he or she ask to see theirs arrest warrant. Please for crying out loud show them the arrest warrant!!!

If they would've even attempted to produce the arrest warrant they would have known that no such arrest warrant existed.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yet your vids and OPs are about blacks when we know for a fact that more whites die at the hands of law enforcement than any other group

could that be because African-American only make up 13% of the general population?

Old 08-09-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
could that be because African-American only make up 13% of the general population?
I dont quite understand. Can you put that in context?

Old 08-09-2018, 02:35 AM

Quote:
I dont quite understand. Can you put that in context?
A low percentage of Americans are African Americans a must larger percentage are Caucasian American meaning that the vast majority of U.S.A. citizens are Caucasian American. Now i will let you take it from there.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
A low percentage of Americans are African Americans a must larger percentage are Caucasian American meaning that the vast majority of U.S.A. citizens are Caucasian American. Now i will let you take it from there.
lol You didn't explain what your post meant substance wise. It's better if you explain vs someone falsely testifying.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
I dont quite understand.
Yes you do.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
lol You didn't explain what your post meant substance wise. It's better if you explain vs someone falsely testifying.
You're trolling at this point. Be gone. It's clear you don't care about this issue only your agenda. Don't want any trash in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies