Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:54 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You want to hear something even more ironic? Liberal forums (I frequent a couple to keep a check on how deranged they're getting) are squashing discussion of this article. Ordinarily, they would take the ball and run with it (sports metaphor seemed appropriate), since it shows how whites are racist, but in this case....the hypocrisy is just too obvious and consequently they are not even permitting the discussion.
That is suprising actually. Typically those closed cell lefty forums are an echo chamber of nonsense and circular logic. Self awareness is typically non existent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 09:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its pretty obvious that NY Times, owned by a few people who are the richest people in the world, sees it as their mission to create great racial division and polarization in society in order to push more people into the arms of the right wing (which benefits the owners of NYTimes) and make it harder to unite people around a class identity of the 99% which the super rich fear. NYTimes are pretending to be progressive by being racist while shooting down any meaningful progressive economic legislation that is being proposed.
While I disagree that they are doing this intentionally the results of all this anti white crap is doing just that.

If Democrats ran on class issues, not race issues, they would win elections.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Baseball has more to worry about in its inherent BOREDOM, than any racial issue. It is possibly the most diverse sport in the U.S.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 AM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Apparently whiteness now is a crime....so I went out and got a tan.
So did I by playing golf today.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
NYT has made their position very clear. I will never click them.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
It seems to me that the media, especially NY type media, is trying to start a race war. They want one so bad, but it's so great to see that most of the races can get along and ignore the media's crap!
This has been obvious for at least a couple of decades now.

I submit that we need to look into NYT ownership and editorial board, and make them widely known, so we know who exactly is intent on causing such consistent sociopolitical division and strife.

Outing these people may be the only way that this nation is eventually allowed to begin to heal.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Apparently whiteness now is a crime....so I went out and got a tan.
I heard that tan people ran the slave ships.

Prove me wrong, bro.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:12 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Lots of older white men really like baseball. Many have dedicated their lives to the sport and made careers out of it. The Chicago Sun-Times wants you to know that this is a problem, a "white problem".
Quote:
Beyond the pale: Baseball’s so-called black issues caused by its white problem

By Gordon Wittenmyer@GDubCub

I’m the problem.
If not the problem, then at least the issue.
Me, those who look like me, sound like me, view the world through a light-colored, male prism that sets agendas, makes rules and decides what’s mainstream or “normal” in American culture – or its subcultures, such as baseball.
“Middle-aged white men,” said Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Jones
---
And if the first step in solving a problem is to admit it exists, maybe it’s time that the next conversation on this issue begins there.
“It sucks, but you’ve got middle-aged white men telling everybody else what to do in the world,” Jones said. “I didn’t make that part up. That’s just what you see on TV. That’s what you see in real life. It’s history.”
It’s certainly baseball.
Does a day ever go by lately without an anti-white-male hit piece from a big American media source?

Old 04-28-2019, 05:21 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
It seems to me that the media, especially NY type media, is trying to start a race war. They want one so bad, but it's so great to see that most of the races can get along and ignore the media's crap!
Thank you. This is it in a nut shell.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:20 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
They should be careful for what they wish for. The race war they wished could happen but not the way they wished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies