Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:30 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Wednesday, on “MSNBC Live with Katy Tur,” actor and director Rob Reiner made the argument that Fox News and Breitbart News Network are “trafficking in another narrative” that is different from outlets such as the Washington Post and the New York Times working to get the truth out and that we “might be the last stage of a civil war.”

On the media, Reiner said, “I think of it as two mainstream medias. You have the Washington Post, the New York Times, all the networks except for Fox, working very hard to get the truth out.”

Reiner said, “[W]e are in it right now, it might be the last stage of a civil war. The last battle is being fought. Hopefully, it won’t be fought physically, but we are more divided than we ever have been and we’ve got a president who is backed up by media. Presidents have always spewed propaganda—liberals, Democrats, and Republicans. They always have…to push a policy, to push a rationale to go to war. But they’ve never been backed up by, essentially, in a sense, state-run media. That’s new–and social media, it’s all new. And it’s very, very scary right now.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...f-a-civil-war/

hahaha how can Katy Tur actually think she is not partisan

Also who is winning this civil war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Meathead is a pathological liar and a blind partisan. Obama had had basically created the "state run media". Look at all the incestuous relationships with their top execs and Obama WH fools.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:35 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times
It's just so obvious that the mainstream media is fighting to survive. They're desperate to establish themselves as the "real" news.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:35 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
He's expecting civil war, guess who the armed ones are?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:38 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Rob Reiner: We Might Be in ‘Last Stage of a Civil War’
No. No. That's not really the case. Were it the case, I'd not be seeing liberals all around me.

We're more likely in the first stage. The chest-pounding stage.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:45 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No. No. That's not really the case. Were it the case, I'd not be seeing liberals all around me.

We're more likely in the first stage. The chest-pounding stage.
/agree

If we were to compare current US to mid 19th century US, I put us somewhere around 1840-1850ish.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:47 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Just more hyperbole to be ignored.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...f-a-civil-war/

hahaha how can Katy Tur actually think she is not partisan

Also who is winning this civil war?
I've been saying it for a long time... that the Confederate Civil War had moved into Congress instead of the open battle field of bullets and cannon balls.
The Confederate never accepted the Union's values and the Union's system that established the United States Federal System.... they have been fighting it continuously. Sadly, those supporting such fight, never wanted to give up the Antebellum styled class and cast system, based on wealth vs poor, and black vs white...

America as a whole has moved on from that, and daily is working on continuing moving on, society will continue to break down the controls the wealthy have over the poor, and they will continue to break down the racial divisiveness and the delusions that anyone is any better than the other based on skin.

I write about it, and when I write what some don't want to face and address, I'm called 'racist", because in America's history, it was not common for anyone to write out the truth of what exist in racist conduct and those who engage it. But the denial will not make that truth vanish.

America as a whole... is coming to a point that those who challenge diversity will only push themselves down, as the rest of society continue to move ahead and embrace multicultural society, because fact is, American has always been multicultural... What the TV showed from the point of its inception, was fictions and delusion and one dimension ethnic propagandized depictions. Fact is, American society has been diverse, even when the media tried to make shows and movies and promote content that was not diverse. Sadly, it gave people a false delusion that America was white.. when fact is, America has been diverse since the point that foreign people came here. It was diverse before European foreign people came it, because it was a mix of Indians, Mexican's and Central American people.

Hopefully, this madness come to squash once and for all the Diversity Resentment Based Civil War battles being waged.

When people figure out the Civil War was promoted by Wealthy People, who wanted to control minorities and keep poor white people as being poor white people.

Then we can put the Civil War to the end that it should have been more than 150+yrs ago.

Then, American people can simply be American people, a diverse ethnic make up of a society !!! PERIOD

.... and we can move on to build a better future that works for everyone ....

Old 08-02-2018, 08:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
People get their "unbiased news" from Breitbart? That's rich.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:01 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Reiner truly is a MEATHEAD. What is he talking about? The last stages of a Civil War??

He says that all the Lefty news sources are trying to get the truth out ?

I have an open mind and all I hear from the Lefty media are non stop attacks on Trump where they hype the negative to the point of propaganda and where they under report or flat out ignore the positive news coming out of the WH.

And what is this state run media that is backing the President?? FOX news? Right wing talk radio?

We just suffered 8 years of the mass media cozying up to Obama where he could do no wrong and when he did they gave him pass and made excuses for him.

It started with an early interview where Obama was talking about his Muslim faith and the interviewer reminded him 2 times "Don't you mean your Christian faith" "oh yeah" to the point of some idiot talking head getting a "tingle up his leg" at the sight of Obama and knowing he will be a good President because of the pressed crease in his pants to the Benghazi attack being caused by some video no one ever saw, to the traitor Bernie Bergdahl being honored in the Rose Garden to Obama lying through his teeth that Hillary was the most qualified candidate ever.

The media hung on his every word and took it as gospel.

Just who is this politician that is being backed by the state run media MEATHEAD talks about?

It sure is not Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies