Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 03:26 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Chicago's suburbs are very different from the city itself. For one thing, the suburbs don't have the racial discrimination-based home equity insurance program.
Silly argument esp regarding Evanston. Parking costs $2.50 on the south side of Howard and $1 on the north side of Howard, so there's that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 03:28 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
The welfare state did not cause black family disintegration. The end of the mid-20th century labor shortage did.
Ahh, it's capitalism's fault

We heard that excuse before. Strangely enough "racist capitalism" seems to be having no affect on Asian Americans who now have a higher median income than whites.

Who knew whites were also "victims" of capitalism?
Quote:
If your choice is between subsistence on welfare, and disappearance off the dole, who wouldn't choose the dole? Democratic welfare policies make perfect political sense given the massive, intractable forces arrayed against the unskilled of any race.
My choice was to serve my country, get an education, and learn a marketable skill

Not have kids out of wedlock then depend on Uncle Sam to legislate me out of poverty.

I'm a black American, but I'm not a victim. Your white guilt liberalism has done nothing for the community. I repeat, I am not a victim.

Quote:
I do not fault them for advocating for their interests in the best way they can. I do the same from my own completely different place in society. And there but for the grace of God go I.
Then do not cry over the blood and deaths in these communicates as a result of these liberal policies that provide a financial incentive for poor single parent households.

A poor little black baby somewhere in soutshide Chicago is at a high risk of growing up and shooting up his own neighborhood all because there was no father figure in his life. Thank you Democrats. Paying poor single people to have kids, but punishing them when they have a working father in the house, is really helping the community.

I wonder what other shooting records Chicagoans will break this month. Gotta' get those numbers in before winter.

Last edited by Rocko20; 08-05-2018 at 03:41 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 03:28 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Silly argument esp regarding Evanston. Parking costs $2.50 on the south side of Howard and $1 on the north side of Howard, so there's that.
Evanston is not Chicago. It is what it is.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Rahm Emanuel, to his credit, has governed as a pro-business moderate, not a raving liberal:

Too bad he won't adopt conservative policies, such as better access to guns for law-abiding citizens, or Rudy G's 'broken window' policies, when it comes to the city's social problems.

25 shot in multiple-victim shootings over 2.5 hours in Chicago: 'If they shoot you, they don
It is reasonable to assume most are armed, legal and otherwise, in gang - infested areas.

A broke, convicted felon just released from prison, on parole, has no problem acquiring a fire arm.

C/C is legal in the city and state. NY has stricter gun controls than Illinois.

While one cannot legally purchase a firearm in the city, one can do so from an adjoining suburb or nearby Indiana.

The state, not the city determines minimum sentencing and paroles.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The carnage is limited to the democratic stronghold of Southside Chicago, far away from these businesses.

You know, the one liberals failed to keep safe for their constituents.
Voter registration/ turnout is typically very low in the gang- infested communities.

The carnage includes the far West side of Chicago, too.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:40 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Chicago is what it is: high earning potential but otherwise a rough place to start a business, and a great place to run a business when you have the money/contacts to get what you want.

Last edited by It'sAutomatic; 08-05-2018 at 03:58 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 03:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Go to Chicago if you want a good paying job. Companies are moving their headquarters there, tech giants are hiring and fighting the tech start-up for top talent, and all-around things are going great.

Walgreens to move 1,800 jobs into new Chicago office

Facebook’s new office in the Loop could hold upwards of 2,000 employees

599 jobs in downtown Chicago: 21 cool tech companies hiring now

New industrial complex could bring 1,300 jobs to Southeast Side, developer says

Oh yeah, some idiots will come here and say, "It's all thanks to Trump!!" But they are idiots. The only thing Trump did for Chicago is to send in the feds..... Oh wait, he didn't even do that!! Trump has done nothing for Obama's home city. Yet here they are.

And hope you don’t die. 53 people shot this weekend. But blame the guns, not the hood rats pulling the trigger.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:44 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well the 1800 jobs that are certain are moving from up the street. The Facebook jobs are maybe, 2000 anticipated jobs...sounds good and may be good but you are overplaying it.
Yeah, one relocation within the city and two "coulds" plus 599 job openings.

That's the best spin the OP could put on the situation.

I grew up in Illinois, I lived in Chicago, most of family is still back there and this is an incredibly stupid thread.

Illinois is in a *MASSIVE* amount of financial trouble, worse than any other state.

They tried to cut their own retirees teacher pensions, anyone that wants to intelligently discuss this issue let that sink in first.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:46 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Voter registration/ turnout is typically very low in the gang- infested communities.

The carnage includes the far West side of Chicago, too.
It's still under democratic leadership nonetheless. The people who live in these communities are either incredibly patient with their incompetent democratic leadership or they're insane for thinking the same party would change anything.

I wouldn't be able to live in areas where bullets are whizzing past me every other day.

59 people shot, 8 people dead, since friday and the weekend is not over yet. So much for Black Lives Matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:46 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Any city where 100s of people are shot dead in the streets each year, especially in a first world country, is a failure by any measure in the books.

The Leftists can make excuse for their Democrat Plantations any way they like, but it doesn't change that simple fact.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies