Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 09:15 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Of citizens of the USA and residents of California, that have to move for one reason or another, 91% are moving into neighboring states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiTxSUgi34

It isn't just political party that #Walkaway

Or is it!
I just don't understand why the people are putting up with it? Why not take this to the Supreme court or to Congress and demand help over these corrupt politicians who are breaking the federal law with their local ones. Moving away isn't going to solve matters, because all it will do is show that people are weak, and the liberal mobs will follow them wherever they go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 10:39 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah I used to do the commute from the valley to Brentwood .

It seemed every other vehicle was a pickup driven by a landscaper (lawn mower etc in bed of pickup )
These houses in Brentwood would have so much landscaping they’d have people working on it everyday it seemed , not the once a week .
Of course also big walls and gates .. and armed patrol security signs on their lawns .

Then there would be the housekeepers and nannies you’d see taking the bus or walking .

If daytime population in Brentwood and the west side is probably 80% low income Hispanic.
A good amount illegal alien as there are 1 million illegals between L.A and OC .. that’s according to the L.A Times not a “far right “ publication .
It's a tough situation and I sympathize with natives like yourself. This is your home.

And being a non-political AnCap I can see both sides of the coin.

Yes, liberals are f'ing crazy. LOL. This town and the State in general are run by them. The taxes and regulations are just absurd. I knew that going in but it's still nuts. Anytime I'm doing something for work I always find special rules for CA in terms of government issues. It's a headache.

And then you have the SJWs. Sweet Jesus. Ok, I'm a single transplant so their freak show is just something to chuckle at for me. We had that dude do a flip off the freeway sign downtown a few weeks back. That don't happen in Akron...trust me.

Trying to be a family out here though...it gotta be tough with the SJWs. Loons.

But as a transplant, and one from the hell known as the Rust Belt, I think conservatives have to realize that even without liberal politics this place would be high demand. Crazy insane high demand like now and probably worse. Once the farming and manufacturing in the South and Midwest tanked in the 70s and 80s it just didn't make sense for people to live in Flint without a cushy union job.

Part of this was inevitable.

And while the rest of the west, as a whole, is gorgeous we still have the ocean and that can't be duplicated. You have it up in Washington and Oregon too but 7 months of steady rain isn't very appealing.

And you're right, this place is too far gone (price wise) to be saved via political machinery of either ilk. Like you probably do I sometimes look around and think "How do all these people still afford to live here?"

Old 08-05-2018, 10:57 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Of citizens of the USA and residents of California, that have to move for one reason or another, 91% are moving into neighboring states.

It isn't just political party that #Walkaway

Or is it!
Do you think 91% of the population is moving from California? The video said people moving was up 91% and the majority were going to neighboring states. It also kept mentioning the middle class were moving because they couldn't afford to live there. There was no mention of politics. Good luck!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
When did everyone start confusing "losing" with "loosing."

It is like turning the Laundry Mat sign, up-side-down

Old 08-05-2018, 11:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Do you think 91% of the population is moving from California? The video said people moving was up 91% and the majority were going to neighboring states. It also kept mentioning the middle class were moving because they couldn't afford to live there. There was no mention of politics. Good luck!

You're right.
Has nothing what so ever to do with California politics.
{snicker}

Old 08-05-2018, 11:08 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
There are many uneducated, unskilled people living in California who cannot make it in their 21st Century economy. The move to backward places like Arizona and Texas where ignorance is still considered a plus.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:14 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
When did everyone start confusing "losing" with "loosing."
A huge pet peeve of mine, and there is no excuse for it. When I see conservatives make such mistakes, I cringe. It makes all conservatives look stupid.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:23 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
You're right.
Has nothing what so ever to do with California politics.
{snicker}
The news clip mentioned nothing of politics. It mentioned economics. Yes, politics shape economic realities. With California we have a strong economy, high demand, and low supply of adequate housing units. Income inequality is terrible and needs to be remedied. The Republicans do not have the answers nor do the Democrats but at least they try. Anyway, for all those middle class families leaving, they are replaced by wealthier families. They also bring their politics with them and will help dilute the cancer of Republicanism in their new home states. Cheers.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:33 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
A huge pet peeve of mine, and there is no excuse for it. When I see conservatives make such mistakes, I cringe. It makes all conservatives look stupid.
Some of the smartes people I know have trouble with spelling. And these days you have to take spelling errors for what they meant, because smart phones or other devices often auto-correct. It doesn’t really bother me.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:34 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The news clip mentioned nothing of politics. It mentioned economics. Yes, politics shape economic realities. With California we have a strong economy, high demand, and low supply of adequate housing units. Income inequality is terrible and needs to be remedied. The Republicans do not have the answers nor do the Democrats but at least they try. Anyway, for all those middle class families leaving, they are replaced by wealthier families. They also bring their politics with them and will help dilute the cancer of Republicanism in their new home states. Cheers.
Why do you have low supply of adequate housing units? That’s because of policies. Whose policies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies