Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care how President Trump was elected?
I don't care and I don't think Russia helped 30 19.23%
I do care and I don't think Russia helped 29 18.59%
I don't care and I do think Russia helped 5 3.21%
I do care and I do think Russia helped 92 58.97%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times

Advertisements

I care. A lot. We got ourselves a corrupt bozo whose ignorance knows no bounds.

And he brought a family full of self-entitled unqualified kids with him. Nepotism. Enriching himself at the taxpayers' expense. Dictator-loving dolt. It's disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 04:13 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times
Do I care if an enemy of the US interfered in our elections, yes. Regardless of who wins, I care. It's an act of war to try to destroy our democracy. Putin is a thief, liar and alleged murderer and a KGB spy. He has stolen $200 billion from his people and the only way for him to keep it is to stay in power by any means, and control their elections so that even when he is not the President he is still the dictator. He used Trump as a useful idiot to do his bidding, that's why I care. Putin is dangerous and so is Trump.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Trump's Historic Landslide Win over Hillary?

The facts.
  • Trump won 30 individual state elections which gave him the majority of electoral votes.
  • The electoral college voted to make him the 45th President per the US Constitution.
  • It's worked this way for more than 200 years.
And
  • Not one person, has come out with one shred of proof of ANY method that ANY Russian changed a single vote from Hillary to Trump in ANY of those 30 individual elections.
  • In fact they get quite mad if you ask them to explain it.
So.... everything else is bleating, crying and self delusion of the losers.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:14 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
I have openly said I despise democracy...its mob rule where NOTHING real gets accomplished. I am for a benevolent dictatorship.
Yeah well, the problem is, is when the dictator decides to stop being so benevolent, and there's no way to remove him from power short of assassination or another coup d'etat.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:15 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times
The question is why does Donald care? No one is saying he should be thrown out and Clinton should take over. If he stole the election it's too late to do anything about it now.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:16 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,777,662 times
Yes, I do care how Trump was elected. Until I'm given proof otherwise, I'm going to assume he was elected via the system the founding fathers set up. I assumed the same when Obama was elected. I wasn't happy about that, but I didn't go ape**** and declare the entire pool of people who voted for him to be degenerate pigs. I simply did a good deal of grumbling and looked forward to the next election cycle.

I will say this: I would rather a president that I despised be elected via our system than having someone I supported fraudulently installed.

All that being said, I'd rather we go back to state sovereignty with only military and a couple of other things being controlled by the federal government. Other than that, states have all the power.

Oh, and one more time: we are NOT a democracy.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:17 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Ah yes. I'm sure you'd be thrilled if he got to power via a military coup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Actually yes I would be. Easier to get things accomplished that's for sure.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, that brands you as un-American right there, and not worthy to live in a democracy. I see that you term yourself as a European Loyalist. I'm sure you can find an autocratic/authoritarian country in Europe somewhere where you'll be much happier.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
I didn't really care for Trump when I first heard he was going to run, and I despised Clinton, so it was just the lesser evil for me, but as I watch the left getting more and more hysterical and vicious, I have to admit it is causing me to lean a little father to the right. Thanks y'all for helping me make up my normally pretty centrist mind.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump's Historic Landslide Win over Hillary?

The facts.
  • Trump won 30 individual state elections which gave him the majority of electoral votes.
  • The electoral college voted to make him the 45th President per the US Constitution.
  • It's worked this way for more than 200 years.
And
  • Not one person, has come out with one shred of proof of ANY method that ANY Russian changed a single vote from Hillary to Trump in ANY of those 30 individual elections.
  • In fact they get quite mad if you ask them to explain it.
So.... everything else is bleating, crying and self delusion of the losers.
Exactly right. All they do is keep using the word "collusion." Technically, that means absolutely nothing here. No one seems to be able to give ANY specifics. Collusion is a meaningless catchword.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I didn't really care for Trump when I first heard he was going to run, and I despised Clinton, so it was just the lesser evil for me, but as I watch the left getting more and more hysterical and vicious, I have to admit it is causing me to lean a little father to the right. Thanks y'all for helping me make up my normally pretty centrist mind.
Very similar to my experience. Went with Johnson... knowing it was a throwaway vote. All I knew is that I would never vote for Clinton. I wasn't all that thrilled with Trump either.

But, if the election were held right now, knowing the way the nation has all of a sudden turned around for the better, I would vote for Trump today. It's a miracle that he has been able to get so many good things to happen given that half the country wants him burned at the stake. They are so blinded by rage, they can't even see, statistics or not, exactly what is happening economically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies