Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 05:08 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,831,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
"The Pozner family’s story is recounted in the court filings: In 2015, after Mr Pozner succeeded in having an InfoWars video taken down from Mr Jones’ YouTube channel, “Mr Jones went on an angry rant about me for nearly an hour,” Mr Pozner said in an affidavit. Mr Jones “also hosted a call with an obsessed fellow conspiracy theorist who issued a threat to me.”

“Mr Jones then showed his audience my personal information and maps to addresses associated with my family,” the affidavit says.

"Lucy Richards, an InfoWars devotee, was arrested the next year for repeatedly threatening Mr Pozner’s life. She was sentenced to five months in prison last year. As a condition of parole, a judge ordered that she cease consuming InfoWars programming, the court documents state.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8472301.html
Pretty bad when crazy people literally have to be sentenced in court to not view your program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 05:09 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have already admitted to a collaborative effort to silence Jones, in front of a Congressional Committee.
Maybe because he is violating their TOS?

They have every right to do it. It is not illegal. They're not "admitting" anything. They're just carrying out their TOS as they see fit.

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm not a fan of banning nutjobs. But if he is breaking the law he should be banned.
No laws have been broken. This is all civil hearsay, being litigated for the battle to silence free speech forever.

MSM has lost control of the Narrative. They want it back and are colluding with the big 3 social media giants

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
Quote:
They have already admitted to a collaborative effort to silence Jones, in front of a Congressional Committee.
And again... It is their right. Surely you seemed more knowledgeable than this in past posting history. You seem to doubling down on a stance that has no foundation because your desire to back the so called deep state conspiracy that you are emotionally invested in....

Its the same reason you cannot accept that Alex Jones content has caused damages to the families.... Because it doesn't play into your desired narrative

Old 08-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
He doxxed them?
I think not.
Read the article I just posted, from the New York Times. I don't think there's any doubt - at all - that he provided names and addresses of the family, and their associates, and after that they were harassed by Jones's crazies.

This is a problem in the discussion, where you and others don't recognize the facts of the case, and what damage he's done.

It wasn't his opinion that hurt their feelings.

It was his posting who and where they were, and continuing to call them actors and continued to say they were fakers in an gun control conspiracy.

If you aren't looking at the facts that are there, you can't see why Facebook and others have ditched him.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,136 times
Quote:
No laws have been broken. This is all civil hearsay, being litigated for the battle to silence free speech forever.

MSM has lost control of the Narrative.
No laws need to be broken. Their TOS have little to do with the laws of the nation. Have you read TOS for sites you use? Including this one?

Old 08-06-2018, 05:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:

MSM has lost control of the Narrative. They want it back and are colluding with the big 3 social media giants
It's not hearsay. They've got the personal information that was posted by him, on his site, of the victim families.

Textbook cognitive dissonance. I follow him and like him, therefore it's not possible that the media evidence from his site that's been entered into evidence in this trial is true. Even though he's apologized for doing it belatedly.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
No laws need to be broken. Their TOS have little to do with the laws of the nation. Have you read TOS for sites you use? Including this one?
Again, for this very site: (bolding mine)
"You agree that we are not liable for Content that is provided by others. We have no duty to pre-screen Content, but we have the right to refuse to post or to edit submitted Content. We reserve the right to remove Content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material."

Also:
"You agree that Advameg, Inc., in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, refuse, move, or remove any material that you submit to our sites for any reason, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if Advameg, Inc. believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms of Use. Further, you agree that Advameg, Inc. shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. "

Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
So you are equating the actions of a government with a private company? If we are going with this (wrong) correlation, there are still Alex Jones books around. YouTube just decided to not provide their copies. They are not required to carry them. Alex Jones is still allowed to write them and sell them.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:27 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,831,505 times
Yea hear that guys? A social media company deciding what they want to do with their own hard drives, on their own servers, that they personally paid for to acquire and maintain, while housing them in their own buildings on their own property is equivalent to the systematic execution of 6+ million Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies