Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 11:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's backfiring spectacularly on the leftists rags like CNN. Infowars is now more popular than CNN. For it's party CNN is lobbying hard to get the Infowars app deleted from Apple.

The leftist media is making itself irrelevant and destroying it's brand.

InfoWars App Overtakes CNN on Charts, CNN Lobbies Apple to Censor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 11:41 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Again, please explain how it's illegal for YouTube to remove Alex Jones' channel from its platform, and how that constitutes censorship.
At the risk of validating the wrong conclusion, it is small c censorship. No different than if I ignore another poster. YouTube is exercising their right to censor the content on their platform. It's not wrong or illegal, but technically it is censorship.

However it's not big government CENSORSHIP OF MEH IDEARS! AJ and his scummy friends and followers are no way burdened or harmed by an individual corporation exercising their own rights.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Net neutrality as designed by the Obama administration is simply a trojan horse to restrict political free speech on the Internet. - Alex Jones

If the ISP restricts or throttles traffic to his website, I am going to laugh.... Smirk... And laugh more. Those in the Whitehouse failed to understand internet.
Another one who has it completely backwards.

Net neutrality prevented ISPs from blocking access to content that they don't like or approve of.

Repealing it means that they can, in theory, block whomever they choose.
And, as I posted earlier, Trump's pick for the supreme court believes that they should have the right to do so.

If the major providers all decide that some content is deleterious to their business models, where would the average person go to be granted access?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:43 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's backfiring spectacularly on the leftists rags like CNN. Infowars is now more popular than CNN. For it's party CNN is lobbying hard to get the Infowars app deleted from Apple.

The leftist media is making itself irrelevant and destroying it's brand.

InfoWars App Overtakes CNN on Charts, CNN Lobbies Apple to Censor

Well then this was clearly a tempest in a teapot, and y'all can go back to having your facist circlejerks on infowars instead of youtube.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:49 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,562 times
Quote:
Again, please explain how it's illegal for YouTube to remove Alex Jones' channel from its platform, and how that constitutes censorship.

I just said it is legal. Under current laws, it is only illegal for the state to censor people. Well, our lives nowadays is mainly affected by our relations with private companies. They should follow the same rules. The reasons they don't is because that interfere in their profits.

How? Alex Jones only needs the platform, not money from google. What google wants is a certain, non-controversial ad-friendly content so they can continue to make money. In order to do this they need to drive all those conspiracy theory channels out. That is censorship; you and most people here are making a simple logical mistake. Censorship is not only something against the law. Private companies can censor and violate other basic rights, ALL UNDER THE LAW.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,508 times
Quote:
I
Alex Jones being banned from YouTube has nothing to do with any federal regulations covering communications corporations, "cornering the market" or otherwise. Surely, YouTube isn't "cornering the market" anyway; there are plenty of other user-generated video platforms out there for Alex Jones to spew his nonsense.
I'm fairly certain you don't know how to read because your response is complete gibberish.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:51 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That kind of reaction just makes Jones and his theories more credible!
Only to those who have no common sense to begin with.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:53 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
You have many choices for shopping but if you want your videos to be seen by millions of people there is only one website. That is not to say there aren't video hosting site, but when compared to youtube they are insignificant. Your comparison is again, not to the point.
It was you who brought up a weird argument about you in my lawn. If I was selling something, yes I would want millions of people in my lawn, in that case I wouldn't mind if you are ALSO there.
The system is rigged, the purpose of the law is to benefits corporations and rich people, not everyday joe trying to create an original video and "make it" as a youtuber.
The lawn thing was relating to property. Both your lawn and a website are properties. You are not compelled to host people on your lawn if you don't want to, even if there are logically reasons that you may want to.

I am saying that ALL websites should enjoy this freedom. Hillary doesn't have to publish stuff from Alex Jones, nor the reverse. YouTube doesn't have to let a single soul publish on their platform. They have opened it up, but can make the rules for it.

I just saw stats that DailyMotion, another video platform, gets 250 million pageviews a month. Depending on their TOS, there's another option. Vimeo...etc. Alex Jones has millions of dollars. He can lead the way and create a platform. He can beef up his very own website that means he can publish his opinions.

Is there free market or not? Write into government and argue that YouTube is a monopoly, that it needs to be regulated, whatever.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:58 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I just said it is legal. Under current laws, it is only illegal for the state to censor people. Well, our lives nowadays is mainly affected by our relations with private companies. They should follow the same rules. The reasons they don't is because that interfere in their profits.

How? Alex Jones only needs the platform, not money from google. What google wants is a certain, non-controversial ad-friendly content so they can continue to make money. In order to do this they need to drive all those conspiracy theory channels out. That is censorship; you and most people here are making a simple logical mistake. Censorship is not only something against the law. Private companies can censor and violate other basic rights, ALL UNDER THE LAW.
Alex Jones has no right to YouTube's platform. It costs money to run. It's a private business. Lobby for a government video server if you (general) want a guaranteed outlet.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:01 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Alex Jones has no right to YouTube's platform. It costs money to run. It's a private business. Lobby for a government video server if you (general) want a guaranteed outlet.
So if your area has one power company, and they decide they don't like your politics, decide to cut power to your home and refuse you service, is that ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies