Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 01:58 PM

30,207 posts, read 23,620,464 times

Advertisements

OK...well, this changes things:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...80187784404994

A U.S. Senator calling for social media to ban more sites he doesn't like or agree with. That is different than a private company stating a user violated their TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 01:58 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,705,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
LOL! Yeah, sure. The members of the lunatic fringe are so vital to the success of these sites that their exit will have any meaningful impact.

Could we be so lucky?
"The Democratic Communist Party
Submit to the new Communist state or we'll hunt you down and kill you!"

"People's Republic of Commifornia
Resistance is futile."

"The People's Democratic Communist Party:
Cuz Free Speech Can Go To Hell."

You think seeing ads and signs and commercials like that all over the place is a good thing?? I don't find those to be particularly flattering, but if you like em them you can have em. And this coordinated move by so many tech giants takes these sorts of things out of the realm of hyperbole and into valid criticism.

In general, shutting people up tends to backfire quite spectacularly. It makes your side look crooked and massively dishonest, authoritarian and underhanded. And like I've said about a dozen times, it makes a conspiracy theorist look credible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZP1fwkdupg&t=929s

Old 08-07-2018, 02:02 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,093,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
"The Democratic Communist Party
Submit to the new Communist state or we'll hunt you down and kill you!"

"People's Republic of Commifornia
Resistance is futile."

"The People's Democratic Communist Party:
Cuz Free Speech Can Go To Hell."

You think seeing ads and signs and commercials like that all over the place is a good thing?? I don't find those to be particularly flattering, but if you like em them you can have em. And this coordinated move by so many tech giants takes these sorts of things out of the realm of hyperbole and into valid criticism.

In general, shutting people tends to backfire. It makes your side look crooked and massively dishonest. And like I've said about a dozen times, it makes a conspiracy theorist look credible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZP1fwkdupg&t=929s
“Crooked and massively dishonest”; that’s probaly the finest projection I’ve yet to see on this site.

Also, no one cares about what some smelly, shirtless hippy has to say about this topic.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:05 PM

1,675 posts, read 572,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You ignore a major distinction.

CNN, FOX, and the rest of the MSM own and operate the platforms on which they operate.

Alex Jones does not own You-Tube. He merely uploads videos there, and he does so for free.

It says something that Jones is too damn lazy to operate and maintain his own platform.

We are talking about youtube, I'll make it clearer so you can understand what I meant.

Alex Jones has as much right to spew his hate as much as CNN, FOX, and all the rest of MSM to spew their fake, war pushing news on youtube.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:07 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol! The OP must be crying in his cups. What a devastating day for him.

Your kidding!

They just got the entire Gen Z and 1/2 of Millennials to tune in to his show, now that INFOwars is so taboo.

Social Media, just Red Pilled a Generation of young minds that hate to be told NO.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Here's the thing, CNN and all those sites own their own sites, and that's where they post. If YouTube wants to punt them all, they can fill their boots and go to town.

The fact that you compare AJ to any actual news organization, left or right, real or fictional is tragic.
Sadly CNN really has gotten that bad. They've been very "guilty until proven innocent" covering investigations into Trump. It may be bad enough that many Leftists sites are open for libel and slander lawsuits if and when Trump is cleared of all charges.

Alex Jones is a nut. CNN and the Democratic propagandist stack of news media act more professionally ... except Jim Acosta screaming and ranting in the White House press room of course. I will give you that. But silencing Jones for having the wrong opinions looks really bad, just as Trump ordering the CNN be taken off the air would look really bad.

But as your compatriots keep saying, they still have their website at cnn.com right?!? Nobody is silencing them! Am I right?

Old 08-07-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
“Crooked and massively dishonest”; that’s probaly the finest projection I’ve yet to see on this site.

Also, no one cares about what some smelly, shirtless hippy has to say about this topic.
Too scared of what he might say to actually watch the video I see. Typical.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:10 PM

15,050 posts, read 10,033,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Alex Jones has as much right to spew his hate as much as CNN, FOX, and all the rest of MSM to spew their fake, war pushing news on youtube.
The gay couple did not have a right to the resources of the bakery that chose no to extend services due. It is their right as business owners.

No one is entitled to the services and resources owned by a private entity.

You are wrong. CNN, fox, info wars, etc are considered guests on YouTube platform and YouTube reserves the right to remove guests as they please. They have a TOS just as this site does.

What you propose is very much a modern liberal stance in business.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Your kidding!

They just got the entire Gen Z and 1/2 of Millennials to tune in to his show, now that INFOwars is so taboo.

Social Media, just Red Pilled a Generation of young minds that hate to be told NO.
No one is believing your narrative. Sorry.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Too scared of what he might say to actually watch the video I see. Typical.
No, I’m just not a brain-dead moron who’d be captivated by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies