Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 06:36 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,453,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
They are in a hurry to censor conservatives but it it too late, the Indictments are already drawn up. This is PUBLIC RECORD.
Alex Jones was right!
Found the person fooled by the Qanon nonsense.

You folks are adorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 06:36 PM

746 posts, read 1,246,393 times
Oh this is interesting - https://www.scribd.com/document/3705...On-FISA-Abuses

Old 08-07-2018, 06:40 PM

15,770 posts, read 9,606,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
So interesting you couldn't be bothered to tell us anything about it.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:43 PM

30,373 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
So companies/individuals deserve a fish (venue provided to them no matter what) and dont have to learn how to fish (bootstrap your way up while there might be pain on the way). Band together as a group. Take your business to a new platform.

YouTube didnt spring out of nowhere fully formed a la Athena. Amazon started as a little online bookstore. Get some big names to go to a new platform. Voila. Not easy, but can be done. I've been online for about 24 years and the websites people flock to have varied over the years.

I agree 100%. I would say most of those companies stated at the earlier stages of the internet. More difficult but not impossible today.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:46 PM

57,404 posts, read 26,416,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I guess you will be OK when business start refusing services to blacks, gay people, immigrants, etc. because it's their private business. Or maybe your IPS will refuse to give you service because you spend too much time on websites they don't like. Or maybe Walmart and other big stores will align with a certain political party and will refuse to sell to those of the opposite party.

They are private companies, and they can do whatever they want, Right?
Discrimination against stupid people like Jones is allowed under the constitution, they are a unique and unprotected demographic.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Vimeo has a market share of over 15%, just sayin'.
So you go from 100% to 15% That is a huge hit.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:47 PM

5,318 posts, read 2,128,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Vimeo has a market share of over 15%, just sayin'.

This is the kind of thing smart people ponder before they violate the TOS, and not after.
I have a blog. I use venues to help monetize my site and find opportunities for more income. I have taken blog courses. You know what so many of them advocate? Make your own product. Dont rely solely on someone else's platform. They can change at any time for any reason.

I am signed up with many social media platforms. I have published on YouTube. Would it suck if I couldn't use them? Sure. But I have no expectation that they owe me the option. I can follow their rules or expect not to be allowed to play. I would have to bootstrap and come up with other ways.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:50 PM

20,900 posts, read 8,711,786 times
These social platforms claim they are open to everyone, which protects them from lawsuits for libel. Once they start selecting who can and who cannot participate, they become publishers and open to defamation suits like any newspaper or TV network or show. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:51 PM

15,091 posts, read 10,181,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So you go from 100% to 15% That is a huge hit.
No you don't... Your subscribers will follow if you are important enough to them

Its not the platform... It is the content. If it's the platform, then your content sucks.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I have a blog. I use venues to help monetize my site and find opportunities for more income. I have taken blog courses. You know what so many of them advocate? Make your own product. Dont rely solely on someone else's platform. They can change at any time for any reason.

I am signed up with many social media platforms. I have published on YouTube. Would it suck if I couldn't use them? Sure. But I have no expectation that they owe me the option. I can follow their rules or expect not to be allowed to play. I would have to bootstrap and come up with other ways.

Alex Jones has infowars and his radio show. And he sells his end of the world prepper products. Perhaps not having youtube is not that big of a deal. I have no idea. For him I think youtube is a marketing tool to get people to sign up for his website.

I also make my living online and its essential to diversify. At least for me it lets me sleep better at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies