Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:13 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,409,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Infowars isn't an opposing view. It's just spam/trolling of outright nonsense.
The same could be said of CNN 90% of the time. MSM circularly-validated conspiracy theories and narratives don't equate to an "opposing view" that is different from spam / trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 09:45 PM

5,127 posts, read 2,606,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The tech giants have an obligation to remove lies and fake news.

If that was true CNN would not still be on the air.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:46 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,858,907 times
Quote:
The tech giants have an obligation to remove lies and fake news.

All the right-wing has to do is stick to facts and they'd be in the clear, but they've been lying to everyone (including themselves) for so long that they have trouble telling facts from their own imagination. That's not the tech's problem though.

We'll come back to you when CNN is gone. Once all the lies are removed the only thing left is their embarrassment.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:52 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,262,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
A couple of large multi national corporations get to decide what is the truth and fake news? What is their criteria? No due process they do whatever they want outside of the legal system?

For me that is troubling. You are fine with corporations making these decisions.

I tell you what, the two large multi-national corporations certainly do a better job of filtering out fake news than the entire executive branch and the entire Republican party combined.

This is a right-winger's wet dream of letting private businesses run things. Don't bail on me now.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:54 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,262,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
If that was true CNN would not still be on the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
We'll come back to you when CNN is gone. Once all the lies are removed the only thing left is their embarrassment.

It's not CNN's fault that facts has a liberal bias.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:55 PM

18,743 posts, read 7,653,838 times
CNN Calls For Google & Applee Store to take down apps

Q: If CNN called for something in a forest, would anybody see or hear it?

A: See or hear who?

Old 08-06-2018, 09:55 PM

5,316 posts, read 2,125,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
CNN isn't calling for anything, it's reporting on the app still being available, big whoop, stop with your fake news.
Here is the link.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/06/tec...gle/index.html

I see nothing in there of CNN itself saying that they have to drop the apps. Google owns YouTube, so the article says the Play Store still has the app. If anything, it's more like calling out Apple and Google for being wishy washy or hypocritical in some aspects or something like that. But hey. I guess I dont have the CNN decoder ring.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:56 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,858,907 times
Quote:
I tell you what, the two large multi-national corporations certainly do a better job of filtering out fake news than the entire executive branch and the entire Republican party combined.

This is you right-winger's wet dream of letting private businesses run things. Don't bail on me now.

Yeah, they filter it right on out into their websites and tell you what they want you to believe and you fall for it and call it truth.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:58 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,255,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Here is the link.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/06/tec...gle/index.html

I see nothing in there of CNN itself saying that they have to drop the apps. Google owns YouTube, so the article says the Play Store still has the app. If anything, it's more like calling out Apple and Google for being wishy washy or hypocritical in some aspects or something like that. But hey. I guess I dont have the CNN decoder ring.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying.

I hope OP doesn't forget to drink his ovaltine.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:59 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,255,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yeah, they filter it right on out into their websites and tell you what they want you to believe and you fall for it and call it truth.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies