Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 08:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

All Iran really needs to do is make a deal for a tRump tower in Tehran and odds are that the sanctions get lifted pronto.

The phart of the deal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 09:31 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Chill with the drama. If the same incident happens right now, Trump would do the exact same thing. What’s he gonna do? Go to war and have us lose our asses again in another Mideast nation?

Our Navy screwed up and was in the wrong place. They got caught. If we weren’t goofing around in the Gulf in the first place, that wouldn’t happen.
That depends on how things played out. Was the Navy in international waters or had it crossed over into Iranian waters? If it's the latter, then Iran had every right to detain the ship, even if it was just an accident. If it's the former, then the US is on the right.

Countries navigate international territory all the time and as long as they do so, nobody can tell them not to.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:41 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
That depends on how things played out. Was the Navy in international waters or had it crossed over into Iranian waters? If it's the latter, then Iran had every right to detain the ship, even if it was just an accident. If it's the former, then the US is on the right.

Countries navigate international territory all the time and as long as they do so, nobody can tell them not to.
Did Iran have the right to bomb the US after this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_A..._655#Aftermath

Old 08-09-2018, 09:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Yes -- Trump's policies in Iran are creating a more hostile environment and raising tensions.

I believe Trump's dissolving the Iran agreement and creating more tension is part of his plan to then offer a deal to Iran, claim it is better and say he fixed it.

That seems to be his game plan.

Make something a disaster, attempt to fix (probably with a solution that existed before he created the chaos) and then claim victory.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes -- Trump's policies in Iran are creating a more hostile environment and raising tensions.
Its by design. His foreign policy is all about pulling the pin out of the grande, threatening to blow up the place, and then being the "hero" who puts the pin back in.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:39 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
This is what Iman Tawhidi had to say. An Iranian living in Australia. I don't necessarily agree with him, but it's an interesting point.
For the record, he also vehemently opposes Saudi Arabia and radical Islam so he's not just picking on one side.

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/stat...646237184?s=20
Obama lifted some of the sanctions went into negotiations and I have to think not for the regime, but for the citizens. I say that because of the cause and effect ...

Trump put the sanctions back and we now have the appearance of war vamping up in the strait, not only that but we have the citizens, now strapped from the ability of making a living ...

If Iranians want a regime change it is up to the Iranians to facilitate that change ...

I say that because if the u.s. was going through the same civil war, how many countries would come in and help us out with that ? ... none. We would be on our own and so must they.

So many people in America, because of the American mindset, sided with the idea that if a male refugee is seen fleeing their war torn State, turn him around; put a musket in his hand and send him back in ...

They must fight for what's right in their hearts and minds, because what is right for them, we are probably not of the same opinion at to what that right, looks like. Thus the u.s. can not solve their issues.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:47 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/next-...093256891.html

According to this article, the sanctions may just work.

Back in the cold war, when I used to attend town hall meetings with Congressman Dick Armey, I remember him once saying that while we in America cry out for Peace, people in other parts of the world cry out for freedom.*
Regime change. to grant freedom, has to come from within. And with the Iranian economy being wrecked, the awareness of civil rights violations of the Iranian people (who are starting to realize that the regime has been shafting them all along)
The time may soon come for a government change in that country. The people of Iran have been persecuted by their own government for way too long. But they are the ones who must affect the change.

*I was a Blue-Cat Democrat and I agreed with what he was saying at the time.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:58 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/next-...093256891.html

According to this article, the sanctions may just work.

Back in the cold war, when I used to attend town hall meetings with Congressman Dick Armey, I remember him once saying that while we in America cry out for Peace, people in other parts of the world cry out for freedom.*
Regime change. to grant freedom, has to come from within. And with the Iranian economy being wrecked, the awareness of civil rights violations of the Iranian people (who are starting to realize that the regime has been shafting them all along)
The time may soon come for a government change in that country. The people of Iran have been persecuted by their own government for way too long. But they are the ones who must affect the change.

*I was a Blue-Cat Democrat and I agreed with what he was saying at the time.
They were protesting last year because they expected a better economy after the agreement was signed and done sanctions were lifted. The Rial was already dropping this is nothing new, the agreement should have been allowed to run its course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies