Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will be blamed?
Putin/Russia/bots 32 66.67%
Natzis/racists/white nationalists 17 35.42%
The worthless candidate they ran 3 6.25%
Whoever Hillary tells them to blame 13 27.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 01:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
They are already blaming Joe Manchik running on the Green Party ticket.
It's people's choice as to how they vote
Personally I live in a state where I rarely cast a vote for someone who wins in a local election because Texas is very GOP...
But I still vote, especially in state-wide or national elections
So I understand I often cast my vote and it is "thrown away"
Sometimes I have to make the best of a poor choice when I choose a more moderate GOP candidate over a more alt-right in a GOP primary...and I have done that when there is NO DNC candidate in a race--which can happen in TX...

But voting is not always about being on the winning side
It is about exercising your right to show you disagree with a political party or candidate's agenda because then, and only then in my opinion, do you have a legitimate right to complain if things go awry...

But in an election like this--where everyone knows that a 3rd party candidate is going to have no chance to win a majority--or even come close--you have to decide if you are really pissing in the wind by voting for that 3rd party candidate that captures your position in a more finite agenda
or if you stand a better chance of making a difference if you vote for the better option (IYO) of the two main party candidates...

Personally, I think Green Party voters would have a better shot getting their views and agenda heard by a Democratic candidate/office holder than a GOP one--
I know that TX Senators Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, Governor Greg Abbott, my local congresswoman--
They don't give a rat's ass what any of their constituents think if they aren't GOP voters and pretty wealthy/connected ones at that...from personal experience trying to contact them on issues that impact ALL Texans...
So anytime a Green Party voter complains (just like I think about Bernie voters) you had your chance...

Right now the US is a two-party voting system...
Some countries are not and depending on the local elections a 3rd party or even 4th party candidate can have clout and make outlying votes carry weight...
But we don't have that system yet...
Maybe if Trump runs as a "no-nothing" in 2020, we will see what happens...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 01:39 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
There is strong evidence in the close result that traditional conservatives are quickly abandoning the Trump GOP. Where they will go is anybody's guess right now. They don't really have a forever home at this point.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:39 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
CNN is still claiming that "Ohio election too close to call" on their front page. Once they finally have to admit that the blue wave failed to show up again, who will be blamed?
That was a hillbilly district. I wouldn’t have expected the Dem candidate to get that close! A friend of mine in Columbus showed us that the district was only a small part of the Dem stronghold Columbus, not the entire city as portrayed in the media.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:40 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why can't people understand that Donald Trump is the only game in town right now?

Yes indeed.

He endorsed 5 candidates. They all won.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why can't people understand that Donald Trump is the only game in town right now?
Because we aren't all brainwashed...thank God...

Old 08-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
That was a hillbilly district. I wouldn’t have expected the Dem candidate to get that close! A friend of mine in Columbus showed us that the district was only a small part of the Dem stronghold Columbus, not the entire city as portrayed in the media.
Uh---that's the point...
And the result is not set in stone
Over 8K ballots to be reviewed for eligibility and counted...
With only an 1100 margin of error, it is too close to call...

Old 08-08-2018, 01:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Hollywood is losing it's mind. Now they hate on Ohio. Democrats wanted very very much wanted to win this.

Call the citizens of that state names for exercising their Constitutional right to vote.

Celebrities Trash Ohio Voters After Democrat Loss: ‘This Is an Embarrassment’

This is what the Democrat party consists of these days. It's why Ohio has gone from a Blue state to a Red one.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:11 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hollywood is losing it's mind. Now they hate on Ohio. Democrats wanted very very much wanted to win this.
Why do you care? It seems odd to me when folks who don't like liberal Hollywood pays so much attention to what liberal Hollywood says or does.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:22 PM

989 posts, read 769,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Why do you care? It seems odd to me when folks who don't like liberal Hollywood pays so much attention to what liberal Hollywood says or does.
That makes too much sense, remember the Trumper mentality, no morality or reasoning. Liberals, Different Color, Race or Creed, anyone they can blame for anything other than themselves are fair game. No point arguing with them.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:34 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,902,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
CNN is still claiming that "Ohio election too close to call" on their front page. Once they finally have to admit that the blue wave failed to show up again, who will be blamed?
You (shockingly) are missing the point that even conservative, Republican upper-middle class White people in Ohio are voting for any Democrat because of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies