Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 08:04 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But it's NOT the same thing. Mrs. Doubtfire was NOT a drag queen!!! He dressed as a older woman ONLY to be able to be his children's nanny. He didn't cross-dress because he preferred womens clothing or because he felt sexier dressed as a woman.

Drag queens are gay men dressed as sexy women and to attract other gay men. And that was NOT at all what the Mrs. Doubtfire movie was about. He dressed up as an old woman in order to be closer to his children, so he did it for the LOVE of his own children.... not for gay love or because he was transgender.

In the end, aren't both of them men in drag? You're saying a man in drag is either repulsive or endearing depending on his intentions, which makes no sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 08:19 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In the end, aren't both of them men in drag? You're saying a man in drag is either repulsive or endearing depending on his intentions, which makes no sense to me.
Mrs. Doubtfire was NOT a drag queen. It was a just situation of a straight man trying to spend time with his children.

Personally, if I had young children, I wouldn't bring them to a drag queen story telling event. And I don't think that drag queens are disgusting, but because IMO I wouldn't expose my young children to that sort of sexuality at that stage of their lives. IMO I would prefer to wait until my child was closer to being a teen, before having discussions about adulthood and sex. And no, I wouldn't want to send my children to a grade school with transgender child, at least not during grades K-8.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
Quote:
But it's NOT the same thing. Mrs. Doubtfire was NOT a drag queen!!! He dressed as a older woman ONLY to be able to be his children's nanny. He didn't cross-dress because he preferred womens clothing or because he felt sexier dressed as a woman.

Drag queens are gay men dressed as sexy women and to attract other gay men. And that was NOT at all what the Mrs. Doubtfire movie was about. He dressed up as an old woman in order to be closer to his children, so he did it for the LOVE of his own children.... not for gay love or because he was transgender.
So if gay guys like other guys, how is dressing as a woman going to attract them? BTW, a lot of transvestites are straight. Even married.

Every time I see news of someone getting arrested for child molesting, it is a straight-as-can-be male, usually a coach, teacher, principal, pastor.... never a drag queen.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
So if gay guys like other guys, how is dressing as a woman going to attract them? BTW, a lot of transvestites are straight. Even married.

Every time I see news of someone getting arrested for child molesting, it is a straight-as-can-be male, usually a coach, teacher, principal, pastor.... never a drag queen.
From my gay friends, they are a fan of the penis, not the vagina. So why wouldn't they be attracted to a drag queen with a penis?

Old 08-09-2018, 11:23 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Funny. I actually came here to make an ironic post about "religious science-deniers indoctrinating kids", referring to the drag queens.
We got thread drift. It happens.

My reference to overly religious people was not directed at you, or anyone else on this board.

It was a general statement about these corporate and / or political Russian butt lickers exploiting people, and the stories I’ve seen lately. Including the one about the 11 kids in a shack.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:25 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
My only issue with drag queens is that they tend to be bitchy. They say things about women like “ How could she wear those shoes with that?”

Old 08-09-2018, 11:34 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
From my gay friends, they are a fan of the penis, not the vagina. So why wouldn't they be attracted to a drag queen with a penis?
Do you not care what a person of your preferred gender for dating (I'm being vague to have this be generic) looks like as long as they have the right equipment for sex or any other reason you would like that in a person? Many people who like penises do look for more than a penis and a pulse, for example.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:39 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
So its not actually the masses that cause civilization to collapse but a bunch of loonies that happen to get power....

Old 08-09-2018, 12:03 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
So its not actually the masses that cause civilization to collapse but a bunch of loonies that happen to get power....
No reason to bring Trump's only the best people into this

Old 08-09-2018, 05:55 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Cut that Mulan song about making a man out of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies