Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 06:38 AM

48,415 posts, read 34,593,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeHoyal View Post
Because they have equal access to google to look it up. Or Snopes. Of PolitiFact.

What they are doing is a deflection attempt and it's bogus. It's disingenuous.

When someone makes a claim, it is their job to back it up.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-08-2018, 06:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,479,823 times
Quote:
I always wondered about some of the "posters" on various forum who have 30,000 or 50,000 posts. All hours of every day and every night on the same forums. Russian bots have been detected and exposed as going on threads and demanding proof, sources, & evidence on anything factual, to muddy the waters of reality. It's one of their most effective tactics and putin/Moscow couldn't be more pleased.
It is one of the most effective tactics of the Democrat left as well. Posters such as you engage in this sort of conduct routinely.

In fact, how can we be sure you are not a bot, trying to sow strife with comments like your OP, above.

Just FYI, the truth is not whatever the Democrat left Czars of "Political correctness" - including Snopes or Politifact - say that it is. In fact, much of that vile crap is partisan as hell or just flat-out, patently false.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:42 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,360,759 times
Quote:
Because they have equal access to google to look it up. Or Snopes. Of PolitiFact.

So someone asking you to prove your claim, or asking you to cite a reputable source to support your claim is a bot seeking to muddy the waters of reality?

Couple of points with that logic.

1. How is providing proof to support your argument changing reality? If anything, it clears the waters.

2. PolitiFact, and Snopes both have a decidedly Liberal bias, so I wouldn't cite those as top tier references.

3. If you cannot support what you say, maybe don't say it. Opinion is fine, but if you are discussing facts, you should be able to support your point.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:43 AM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When someone makes a claim, it is their job to back it up.

Yep, and I want to read the exact same article they are referring too. In case the OP did not know, if you google something there are literally thousands of links....

Old 08-08-2018, 06:44 AM

12,917 posts, read 13,599,791 times
Attacking a person's source and discrediting it creates an endgame.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:44 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,607,002 times
I believe there are bots on here but I wouldn't determine them by post count. Many of us have been on C-D for a long time and are regulars on the non-political boards too.

The best way to figure out if it's a bot or if it is a victim of a bot (and we have FAR more victims here than actual bots I believe) is to look at the subject matter than gets pushed out (usually early morning). There's a general pattern to it. Then go over to the Hamilton68 website and see if it matches what the bots are pushing. Often you will find it does. You will be interested to note that the bots don't post all day and all night long (that's usually the retirees). Bots have a time and day pattern that is also listed on Hamilton 68.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:48 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,299,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Indeed, before the Russian bots, nobody ever demanded proof, sources & evidence.

We all just KNOW what is "factual" because we read it on any number of super-reliable news sites, such as Huffpost, Occupy Democrats or the Daily Kos.
We know there are bots because our utterly disgraced intelligence services told us so.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,127,242 times
Quote:

So if you make some wild claim i'm a Russian bot if i ask you to back it up with some proof?

Old 08-08-2018, 06:49 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,416,834 times
I'm more concerned about the paid Leftists here that push their #fakenews consistently all day by creating threads that have extremely misleading or downright false titles then comment on the subject matter as if they didn't even read their own source. It's well known that groups like OFA and Netroots hire people to do just that in political forums.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:50 AM

45,091 posts, read 60,158,471 times
There was a time that when a poster didn't hew to or contradicted a liberal/progressive viewpoint they were accused of being a member of Stormfront. Now they're accused of being a Russian bot.

What will it be next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies