Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:52 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Betting on Hispanics is a fool's gamble. As Hispanics become more integrated the political divisions that existed back in Latin America will emerge again.

Latinos are often very Catholic and socially conservative, and the only thing they have in common with Democrat platform is wanting free stuff. But, that can definitely change as people start to have ownership in a place.

Hispanics are not a monolith.
Hispanics have a reputation of being hard workers. I don't think that "wanting free stuff" in what they have in common with Democrats. But unfortunately the Dems fear mongering may be working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hispanics have a reputation of being hard workers. I don't think that "wanting free stuff" in what they have in common with Democrats. But unfortunately the Dems fear mongering may be working.
Agree when it comes to the first generation. But it goes downhill after that. Once they get "Americanized" they get on welfare. Why work harder when you can get rewarded for not working?

Old 08-08-2018, 03:05 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,299,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Hispanics are not universally thrilled about loose borders either.
No they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Hispanics are not the straight ticket, identity politics voters that blacks routinely have been. The expectation that they will be is going to be a constant source of frustration for the Democrats, because latinos are usually much more practical in their thinking than that.
I work with Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Guatemalans, and a growing number of Nicaraguans and Venezuelans and they are all over the place politically. It's impossible to shoehorn any one group into any ideology. IMHO they are a more natural fit for the GOP than the Democrats and most aren't looking for handouts, they just want an even playing field and they don't want to worry about ICE.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agree when it comes to the first generation. But it goes downhill after that. Once they get "Americanized" they get on welfare. Why work harder when you can get rewarded for not working?
Many people feel entitled to OPM but for people who want to get off welfare, our welfare system is set up to keep people dependent on gov't, leaving them unhappy, and always wanting for more. You basically have to go from no or low income to mid to higher middle class income to make it worth it. Not that I condone able bodied people getting welfare, in fact the opposite.

Anytime gov't gets involved in the name of helping the poor they disincentivize them at the same time make more poor.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:17 PM

37,950 posts, read 22,038,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yeah, because Trump just loves Hispanics.
You confuse Trump's opposition to illegal immigration, and think it translates to how he feels about legal immigrants.

Why do some people think that we all have to favor illegal immigration, or we hate Latinos?

Old 08-08-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You confuse Trump's opposition to illegal immigration, and think it translates to how he feels about legal immigrants.

Why do some people think that we all have to favor illegal immigration, or we hate Latinos?
The truth doesn't matter to them, it's only what is perceived to be the truth that matters. And Democrats constantly put out rhetoric to convince people to believe the lie.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please provide examples of how Trump hates Hispanics. I'll wait.
Big difference between ILLEGAL immigrants and immigrants who come legally. Notice that Dems never say ILLEGAL when referring to illegal aliens (the original term for people who came here illegally)? Here's why... They use totalitarian mind control on you...

Totalitarian Mind Control
People’s criminal qualities became disguised and excused with euphemisms: “Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” then "immigrants" and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something good.

'Political Correctness' is Totalitarian Mind Control

Old 08-09-2018, 11:40 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,250,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
*Mexicans

Most immigrants groups are hard working by neccessity, but it is Mexicans in particular who have the cultural work ethic, in my opinion.

My Mexican co-workers have had some interesting discussions on who, and who aren't, pulling their weight. I'd go into details, but the level of un-PC would probably violate the TOS :-)

Old 08-09-2018, 11:45 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,416,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
*Mexicans

Most immigrants groups are hard working by neccessity, but it is Mexicans in particular who have the cultural work ethic, in my opinion.

My Mexican co-workers have had some interesting discussions on who, and who aren't, pulling their weight. I'd go into details, but the level of un-PC would probably violate the TOS :-)
Exactly right. Mexicans work hard and do a good job for the most part and when one is not they ride them allll day long about it. I've worked with my share of Mexicans too and never had a problem with any of them and what you say is 100% true.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:45 AM

2,362 posts, read 772,301 times
The Democratic party treats Hispanics as one group - which is incredibly ignorant and racist. Just because Trump is mean to Mexicans doesn't mean Cubans care or will vote for you. What an incredibly moronic party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies