Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Republicans don't' seem hard on crime. It seems they ARE the crime.
How many people would Trump have to shoot on 5th Ave. in order for the orangelings to leave him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
If I sent a monkey into the halls of Congress, with instructions to fling poo at every member that had engaged in inside trading, that monkey would quickly be back asking for a refill of the bucket.

Most members, I imagine, make sure to have shell corporations or such engage in the trading. Mr. Collins' mistake, if he did what is charged, was simply involving his immediate family in the transactions.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Why are so many people close to Donald Trump being arrested for federal crimes?

You'll remember, Collins was the very first Congressman to support Trump after he announced he was running for POTUS, and Collins was a part of Trump's transition team.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
"If convicted on all counts, Republican Congressman Chris Collins is facing 150 years in federal prison."

Drain the swamp! Lock him up!

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1027330384718188553

Old 08-09-2018, 07:01 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How many people would Trump have to shoot on 5th Ave. in order for the orangelings to leave him?
How many great things does he have to do before the deluded left will admit it and support him?

I think you misunderstand what and who the swamp consists of. Give it time and it will become clear to you.

The swamp is being drained for sure, but it is not only Republicans being drained. There are plenty of Democrats who will go as well.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:19 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The point remains the President promised to drain the swamp, then proceeded to surround himself with liars and crooks. How many people who were close to him at one time have now been indicted? I mean you just can't ignore this although obviously that's exactly what you are trying to do.

Actually....though I am not a fan of him~ Obama "Drained the Swamp" when he took office....., and Trump HAS THE MOST CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION IN America's HISTORY!

Comparing presidential administrations by arrests and convictions: A warning for Trump appointees
As Obama’s administration winds to a close, that remains true. Not one criminal indictment for anyone in the Obama administration over the entire eight years of his tenure. In fact, it is the only Presidential administration since Watergate to end with zero criminal indictments.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ump-Appointees

Old 08-09-2018, 07:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Actually....though I am not a fan of him~ Obama "Drained the Swamp" when he took office.....,
No he didn't. One of the first things he did was pick a tax cheat to be his Treasury Secretary. (this is not defending Trump)

Old 08-09-2018, 07:23 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I just heard about this.

He was an ardent supporter of the cheeto, and was interviewed many times. And all the time, he was scamming the American people!

Drain the swamp, indeed!
trump is doing the same thing !

Old 08-09-2018, 07:27 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No he didn't. One of the first things he did was pick a tax cheat to be his Treasury Secretary. (this is not defending Trump)

UH-HUH NOT ONE SINGLE INDICTMENT IN 8 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2018, 07:29 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. Or been particularly blatant about it.

I wonder how many of them all benefit from insider trading??
Congressional insider trading is when they pass legislation or try to interfere or be involved with legislation that affects their investments.

Collins found out from the company that a drug trial had failed miserably and tipped off his son, who then sold all his stock before the value dropped. I don't know if any friends of father and son were also tipped off.

The prosecutors laid it all out and seem to have a pretty tight case. But, yes, of course Trump will pardon him. Trump hands out pardons to his cronies like party favors. The 'law and order president' will make a mockery of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies