Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 07:49 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So how many of you 'patriots' say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at your job before you start to work? If the children should say it, why not the adults?
Maybe these folks should all say the Pledge with their kids and spouses before they leave the house in the morning? And I hope they all stand in their homes during the Anthem before NFL games. (Not counting the snowflakes who are boycotting the NFL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 07:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
So prayer is out, the pledge is out so is the flag still flying? Why?

Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 PM

24,615 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
“Starting” ?

SCOTUS ruled in 1943 that students cannot be forced to salute the flag or recite the PoA in public schools.
That's weird, as it never stopped you, me, or anyone else here from standing for it.

Could this be an empty gesture trend started when Colin "made it cool" to be unpatriotic? You bet.

Why don't we just outlaw the entire national anthem and pledge of allegiance if it bothers you so much? God forbid you inconvenience yourself by standing for our deceased troops.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
There are people whose religious beliefs forbid taking such oaths. Are they disloyal for giving their allegiance to God alone?
We're not talking about religious sects for whom not doing it has been long established. You know that so stop with the deflecting. We're talking about the BLM, Antifa, and various far left types that hate anything and everything to do with the US.

Speaking just to the NFL folks, these are pampered millionaires who are amongst the most privileged people in our society, and we're supposed to feel sorry for them because they're being pressured to demonstrate some respect for the flag and the country while on the job? They can protest on their own time, not while at work.

There is a time and place for everything, and the time for protesting is not during the national anthem.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So how many of you 'patriots' say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at your job before you start to work? If the children should say it, why not the adults?
Yeah, I only do at school. I guess professional Boy Scooters, yes that is a thing would too. Not much else though, even professional sports.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Maybe these folks should all say the Pledge with their kids and spouses before they leave the house in the morning? And I hope they all stand in their homes during the Anthem before NFL games. (Not counting the snowflakes who are boycotting the NFL)
I would myself but is that even mandatory at home? What about if played on the radio, do you stop your car. I know a radio station that daily plays the Pledge as by a school aged kid and another played the anthem at noon (not sure since it changed format from oldies to eighties...)

Old 08-09-2018, 08:25 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
I've always thought it a bit bizarre that we indoctrinate children, and children only, to take a loyalty oath to our government every school day.

When was the last time as an adult you were asked to do this? Why is it just kids?

Old 08-09-2018, 08:29 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,737 times
One of the basic functions of early grade school education is to teach people how to be good citizens. This school is a failure.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That's weird, as it never stopped you, me, or anyone else here from standing for it.

Could this be an empty gesture trend started when Colin "made it cool" to be unpatriotic? You bet.

Why don't we just outlaw the entire national anthem and pledge of allegiance if it bothers you so much? God forbid you inconvenience yourself by standing for our deceased troops.
Um, OK.

Just curious, how often do you sing the anthem or recite the pledge? If you only do it at sports events, you’ve got no room to talk.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:36 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,367,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ool/947378002/

Wow, its sad how many folks are starting to hate simple patriotism.
The Pledge isn't patriotism; it's propaganda.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 08-09-2018 at 09:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies