Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 03:04 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Mariner, let me set some things straight for you.

I’m a black man born from poverty in San Antonio, Texas. At one point I dropped out of community college and was a full time burger flipper. I used to serve burgers and fries to my old high school teachers. Your white guilt or sympathy victimization for me didn’t help me pick up my boots straps to become successful today. I had to do it on my own. You don’t owe me a dime, the government didn’t owe me a dime, I did it on my own.

Stop whining, stop claiming blacks are victims, and start doing something the world wants done. You bleeding heart liberals have done nothing to get me hear in Hawaii with a corvette in the drive way.
I don't care where you are from. You omitted my post and went off topic tells me you are deflecting from my post. And the likely reason for deflecting from what I posted is because you really don't care what I had to say. I was not talking about welfare or white guilt. I was not talking about "doing something for someone". I was talking about racial tensions and racial resentment. I was talking about the topic of this particular thread. Either stick to the topic of the thread, confront the things I am talking about, or go somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 03:14 PM

3,840 posts, read 2,203,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never learned about this in school. I knew about some of the tensions between Blacks and Mexicans, but I never learned about this in school.
Well, I started a blog to educate people about this little known history. It's history that the "Latino" political group doesn't want you to know about.

An increasing number of people these days are trying to write Mexicans into civil rights history and claim that their contributions are being ignored. Nothing could be further from the truth.

They were on the other side of the fence:

Quote:
[American G.I] Forum leader Manuel Avila feared that any mention of sympathy toward blacks might hurt the Mexican American cause.

"Sooner of later we're going to have to say which side of the fence we're on. Are we white or not [and] if we are white why do we ally with the Negro?"

Avila wrote. "Let's face it, first we have to establish we are white then be on the white side and then we'll become Americans - otherwise never."

Avila had rather simple logic; as whites, Anglos were Mexicans' natural ally, not blacks. He also contended that Mexican Americans in California and Arizona had progressed because they "will never make an issue of defending the Negro."

"To go to bat for the Negro as a Mexican-American," Avila emphasized, "is suicide".

https://forgottenlatinohistory.blogs...-of-fence.html
...and to think that today black people are going to bat for them and fighting for the rights of illegal immigrants who scam their way into the united states.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:31 PM

7,745 posts, read 6,318,129 times
Hispanics come in assorted colors.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:32 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,808,997 times
A lot of the tension between Latinos/Hispanics and Blacks subconsciously may be due to class/status. Blacks in the US and worldwide are generally looked at (inaccurately) as being at the bottom in terms of achievement and have the most negative stereotypes (US and worldwide). In this country Hispanics and blacks are in close proximity in many areas (especially urban) and neither group wants to be at the “bottom” so I think that may cause some friction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies