Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 08:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,071,020 times

Advertisements

What Trump is doing is borderline treasonous. And exposing him as the fake patriot that he is. And some of his followers.

You all will regret the side of history you're on. I honestly wish we could go back to the old days of true treason for what Trump is doing. As much as he talks about the "evil media" he is media. And he is evil. And he's a liar and con artist.

Treason. Betraying the people of this country. Seems that only the racists, bigots, and authority worshippers are complaining. Perfect. Let your hate guide your future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 09:00 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,743,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
This nonsense will continue until the owners feel a BIGGER pinch in revenues.

The big money comes from advertising.

People who have objected have cancelled their NFL packages from Direct TV, cancelled their season tickets stopped watching on TV, etc.

Veteran organizations are voting to NOT show ANY NFL games at their clubs.

NEXT they will go after the advertisers where the BIG money is.

When the advertisers see a drop in sales, things WILL happen.

Just my thoughts.

I think if the league comes down on the players harder that they'll strike, which would be worse financially than the items you mentioned above. Can't have a game or league without the players and especially not merchandising.

IMO they should just stop playing the national anthem at the games. They didn't start off playing the anthem at football games.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:00 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,860,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is what happened to baseball during the player stike. People just found better things to do and never went back even after the strikes. But, unlike baseball that rebound somewhat, I doubt the NFL will. In fact, with the youth sports leagues dropping it due to injuries, I doubt the NFL or these players will be around in 10 years.
The future of team sports certainly looks different than it did in the past, but your prediction is hilariously ridiculous.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM

56,859 posts, read 25,787,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is what happened to baseball during the player stike. People just found better things to do and never went back even after the strikes. But, unlike baseball that rebound somewhat, I doubt the NFL will. In fact, with the youth sports leagues dropping it due to injuries, I doubt the NFL or these players will be around in 10 years.
Football is one of the most profitable sports hands down, I don’t see any sport surpassinging them. Players like Ray Lewis have been involved in murders, shootings, torturing dogs, manslaughter and drugs, one player even murdered his wife yet here we are worrying about a non-violent protest. I recall Tank Williams being given a pass from prison to play in the Super Bowl. People need to get their priorities in order, this is stupid to give something so minimal this much attention.

Trump and Pence keep this going because it plays well to their base, neither of them really care.

Last edited by Goodnight; 08-10-2018 at 10:30 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM

17,383 posts, read 11,893,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
"This nonsense will continue until the owners feel a BIGGER pinch in revenues."

Nonsense to WHO??? YOU are IRRELEVANT and the NFL will go on whether you're crying about some players PEACEFULLY kneeling during an anthem or not!

Seriously...if they were disrespecting the flag or being disruptive in any way during the anthem, I would be upset....but KNEELING??

I don't think it is even productive at this point and I wouldn't kneel, but it's their right and it isn't disruptive in anyway (some are even kneeling with their hand over their heart).

YOU are a BIG BABY if that really offends you that much!!!
I wouldn't bet on that. The NFL has been circling the drain for awhile now, losing viewship and fans steadily every year.

It's not just this one issue, but a combination of this, the fact they turn a blind eye to domestic violence, the instant reply mess, younger people not being into football and concussions.

Anyone who grew up during the 60's remembers how HUGE boxing was. Now, not so much. Nothing is too big to fail, and the NFL is an example.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:11 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,040,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Similar to some people losing their minds over the confederate flag.
Big difference. I think you know why.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:12 AM

17,383 posts, read 11,893,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Are the people who passionately defend white supremacist freedom of (hate) speech, the same as those appalled by NFL players simply kneeling and raising fists? I think so

But they are unequivalent issues. The NFL players are simply saying: yo, police, quit needlessly targeting and/or killing black people. The alt-righties are saying: we do not accept non-white people living in the US and want our hatred to grow into a political movement to change the values of the USA.

The former is sensible and justified, the latter is a perversion based on selfishness, self-importance and hatred.
How you protest on your own time is a completely different issue from how you protest on your boss's time.

As for your "saying", both of your statements are complete garbage. No cops target black people. And those on the right don't hate non-whites.

Speaking of values, one of the reasons that the NFL is losing fans is their tolerance of domestic violence. Tolerating that for the sake of a game is a change in value that is disgusting.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Horsesh-t! It's anti-police.
, it's anti inequity.

If you don't think black people are treated differently in the justice system, you haven't been paying attention, or you have and don't care because it doesn't affect you.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-10-2018 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: language

Old 08-10-2018, 09:15 AM

17,629 posts, read 13,448,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

IMO they should just stop playing the national anthem at the games. They didn't start off playing the anthem at football games.
They could do it like they do in College Ball where they do the anthem before the teams come out on the field. But it makes too much sense.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I wonder if those who just left the beer stand dropped their $14 Buds and stood at attention with hand over heart or if those on the pot stood up mid poop to sing out loud?

I doubt it.
Half of these "patriots" don't even know the words to the national anthem. And I wonder how many of them actually own a flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies