Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 11:31 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times

Advertisements

Trickle down has been working fabulously since the early 80s. The economy has been booming for most of the time since then, wages for average Americans have skyrocketed, and we have record budget surpluses almost every year just as Reagan predicted. The national debt has been zero for a long time.

Trickle down works. Don’t confuse everyone with fake news about massive deficits and stagnant wages.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 11:36 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I agree... even 2T for infrastructure....

its too bad that Obama did NOTHING for infrastructure...
There was some result. Obama tried, Congress didn't move on it enough.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:40 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

This is another case of it. Reality - economy is booming, people are working and support for Trump is surging.
For who? And how long will it last with Trump doing everything he can to cause another recession?

And Trump support is at it's ceiling unless an event happens that radically alters the current political landscape in his favor.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:55 PM

57,275 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I disagree about the defense budget,having spent nearly 30 years in the military and now working for the Department of the Army, I see the undertraining and, pisspoor maintenance due to lack of funding.. yes in raw dollars we outspend..but as a percentage of GDP, we are right in line with everyone else
The number of contractors have exceeded enlisted, the military does have problems but is poorly managed. Robert Gates fired several generals and officers during the Bush and Obama administration, it is the largest company in the world and at its current level it is an impossible task to manage.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:57 PM

57,275 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
If I were king I would throw in another $T for infrastructure.

How big does the fire need to be? - New Economic PerspectivesNew Economic Perspectives
I agree, strangely this has disappeared from discussion.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:34 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
For who? And how long will it last with Trump doing everything he can to cause another recession?

And Trump support is at it's ceiling unless an event happens that radically alters the current political landscape in his favor.
How is Trump doing everything he can to cause another recession?

Old 08-16-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I agree, strangely this has disappeared from discussion.
How many fires have to devastate, how many bridges have to fall?

When we had a flooding disaster in Vermont and a terrible swath of tornado destruction in Joplin, there were some congress people that said we could not support and remedy both disasters at once!

What happens if we have to protect ourselves in a World War that might cost $100T in USD?

Old 08-16-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
How is Trump doing everything he can to cause another recession?
Quite the opposite aside from the potential of tariffs. Inflation more likely with lower taxes and continuing deficit spending.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:35 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,534,863 times
I mean...duh? If you cut taxes without offsetting the cuts elsewhere of course you're going to get increased deficits and debt.

If you wanna cut taxes in one sector that's fine, but if you don't raise taxes elsewhere or cut spending it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
I mean...duh? If you cut taxes without offsetting the cuts elsewhere of course you're going to get increased deficits and debt.

If you wanna cut taxes in one sector that's fine, but if you don't raise taxes elsewhere or cut spending it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.
What, the private sector gets richer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies