Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 12:38 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The NYT is owned by Mexicans and George Soros.

Of course they want to see the US Constitution torn up.

Waldo, Waldo, Waldo...for someone who claims to work in an evidence based field, you should have retained by now that it's been pointed out to you ad nauseam that in fact the this is not the case, the Sulzbergers control the company through B shares. For someone who claims to make their living in a STEM field, one would think you would perhaps by now have noted this fact and looked to avoid appearing foolish time and time again with your erroneous claims....unless of course you just like throwing out dog whistles and boogeymen claims.....

Look forward to you either jumping out of this thread to flame others or to claim an ad hominem attach as is your MO when unable to defend your claims....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 12:39 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That reporter was too dumb to understand that were are not a democracy. So the rest is not important.
And you think people are so stupid that they will stand in awe of this tired attempt to twist a real discussion into irrelevant quibbling about whether we are a democracy or a republic via elected representative. You obviously did not read the article, because that topic was covered very thoroughly by the reporter. In any case I put this observation into the same garbage pile as the "Nazis were really Leftists" diversionary twaddle.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:40 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Waldo, Waldo, Waldo......
Ad hominem,

Prove me wrong instead of insulting me. But of course you tend to run off when this is brought up.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:42 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/o...acy-trump.html

I searched to see if this was posted previously, but didn't see anything.

Had you searched a little more thoroughly perhaps you would have noticed this is an O-P-I-N-I-O-N by and independent writer and does not represent the thinking of the NYT as your thread title hyperbollically states.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:42 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I see you didn't read the article, which says nothing close to "the Constitution has to go".
Ridiculous sounding thing is ridiculous, you say?

Old 08-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
The NYT is owned by Mexicans and George Soros.

Of course they want to see the US Constitution torn up.
Quote:
Waldo, Waldo, Waldo...for someone who claims to work in an evidence based field, you should have retained by now that it's been pointed out to you ad nauseam that in fact the this is not the case, the Sulzbergers control the company through B shares. For someone who claims to make their living in a STEM field, one would think you would perhaps by now have noted this fact and looked to avoid appearing foolish time and time again with your erroneous claims....unless of course you just like throwing out dog whistles and boogeymen claims.....

Look forward to you either jumping out of this thread to flame others or to claim an ad hominem attach as is your MO when unable to defend your claims....
Quote:
Ad hominem,

Prove me wrong instead of insulting me. But of course you tend to run off when this is brought up.

At least you're as predictable as the day is long....you jump to your MO with no attempt to address or even reference my point which refutes your inane dog whistle..as a matter of fact you cut it out of your quotation; and addressing you and refuting your claim isn't an ad hominem attack. btw- you're the one who made the claim "Mexicans and George Soros" own the NYT- so it's on your to back it up with any facts or citations...which you never do...

Try this website- I find it to be very useful when I need to do research:

www.google.com

I've also never once "run off when this is brought up"...I continually shred your inane, poorly constructed arguments while you claim "ad hominine attack" and scurry on to flame the next troll thread....as you're currently doing in the thread on falling tax receipts and increased deficit.....

Last edited by Metsfan53; 08-10-2018 at 01:13 PM..

Old 08-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Had you searched a little more thoroughly perhaps you would have noticed this is an O-P-I-N-I-O-N by and independent writer and does not represent the thinking of the NYT as your thread title hyperbollically states.

problem is many Trumpsters don't know the difference, which is why they get all their news from opinion shows like Hannity or Tucker instead of actual news programs......

Last edited by Metsfan53; 08-10-2018 at 12:56 PM..

Old 08-10-2018, 12:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That reporter was too dumb to understand that were are not a democracy. So the rest is not important.
How ridiculous--everyone refers to the country as being a democracy.

Of course we're not literally a democracy. If we were, Hillary would have won. Instead we are represented by a bunch of cowardly butt-kissers bending over for the bozo wannabe dictator who demands it.

Odd, though, even Ronald Reagan thought we were a democracy. Guess he is dumb and nothing else he said matters.

“Democracy is not a fragile flower,” Reagan said. “Still it needs cultivating. If the rest of this century is to witness the gradual growth of freedom and democratic ideals, we must take actions to assist the campaign for democracy.”...

....The objective I propose is quite simple to state: to foster the infrastructure of democracy, the system of a free press, unions, political parties, universities, which allows a people to choose their own way to develop their own culture, to reconcile their own differences through peaceful means. This is not cultural imperialism, it is providing the means for genuine self-determination and protection for diversity....."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ink-2018-07-05

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/c...-on-democracy/

Old 08-10-2018, 12:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
problem is many Trmupsters don't know the difference, which is why they get all their news from opinion shows like Hannity or Tucker instead of actual news programs......
I’m convinced this is why so many think the NYT is biased - they can’t be bothered to distinguish between reporting and opinion.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:56 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
I must be getting OLD. I can remember when the NYT was seen as a respectable source for news. Not just a far-left blog. They are becoming as relevant as CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies