Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 11:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I haven't seen any comments about this yet, here or in the media.

We all know about Trump's "space force" idea. Even the Pentagon apparently disdains the idea, and of course it's being roundly mocked by comedians.

But the thing is, I believe that Trump CUT the NASA budget in a big way. So here's Trump: He's against the science of NASA for, say, research and exploration, but he just loves to contemplate space as a vehicle for the military to attack and threaten even more that he does now, like the dictatorial bully he is.

trump isnt creating ANYTHING, since the space force already exists with in the air force. all trump wants to do i separate it into its own military branch. but then you wouldnt know that because you hate trump so much that you will try to find any way you can to ridicule him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 12:03 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
trump isnt creating ANYTHING, since the space force already exists with in the air force. all trump wants to do i separate it into its own military branch. but then you wouldnt know that because you hate trump so much that you will try to find any way you can to ridicule him.
Most of the details about that are highly classified, so its not surprising that many people would be unaware of it.

The British hacker, Gary McKinnon found evidence of the US space force years ago, and the US went after him very aggressively!!

Old 08-11-2018, 02:44 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I think his real desire is to be Darth Vader and rule a galactic empire.

Most who ridicule the idea of Space Force are clueless about what it would entail and why it's necessary.

They paint a picture of space cadets running around in rockets with MAGA hats on....

When, in reality, it's more about people on the ground protecting our satellite networks and missile defense systems.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:06 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I haven't seen any comments about this yet, here or in the media.

We all know about Trump's "space force" idea. Even the Pentagon apparently disdains the idea, and of course it's being roundly mocked by comedians.

But the thing is, I believe that Trump CUT the NASA budget in a big way. So here's Trump: He's against the science of NASA for, say, research and exploration, but he just loves to contemplate space as a vehicle for the military to attack and threaten even more that he does now, like the dictatorial bully he is.
Not sure how old you are but you should have been around when Reagan proposed, and of course roundly ridiculed by the then "experts", the missile defense program. Can you even imagine a world today with no missile defense technology? This is how short-sighted the Democrats of the time were.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:09 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,143,889 times
Yeah, he should invest in illegal immigrants, ghettos, and welfare recipients like democrats always do.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'll repeat this again as I've done over the years: That was Iran's money. Not our money. It has been sitting in a trust since the 1970s and was ruled by the international court that some had to be returned to them. Whether or not it was a good idea to return their OWN money to them is another matter. But it was never ours to spend.
The origin of the $150 billion is not clear. One story says it was money blocked by the banks as a result of the existing sanctions at the time. I have not read anywhere that it was pre-1979 money. They never had that much. Whatever they had has long been repatriated as a result of the Algier's accord. If you know otherwise, I'd like to know.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:16 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Most who ridicule the idea of Space Force are clueless about what it would entail and why it's necessary.

They paint a picture of space cadets running around in rockets with MAGA hats on....

When, in reality, it's more about people on the ground protecting our satellite networks and missile defense systems.

That is exactly what Trump envisions.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I get that you don't like the timing of when the Obama Administration returned it, but don't claim that it was U.S. funds that went to them. IT.WAS.NOT.
It doesn't matter. You do not release funds to your enemy who is undercutting you, and killing you, at every turn. Why would you want to do that? What would you say if FDR sent money to Germany in WW2 even if it was theirs?

Old 08-11-2018, 03:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
But that's exactly why we ridicule him. Listen to him -- he makes it sound like he's creating a new 'force' and so many folks here have commented on how much we NEED that force.

Separating from the air force just makes more bureaucracy. Waste of money. It is fine where it is.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Not true -- that's not at all what I envision. So you are wrong.

We have a space force doing the job - creating a separate unit creates more bureaucracy and overhead -- that means more costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies