Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You all can post all the articles you want. No white "slave" has ever been treated like blacks in this country. Where's the Consititutional amendment granting freedom to Christian white slaves? Ooops! There is none because they were given rights under the regular amendments.

Or, so you have been told.

Go research it yourself, or be kept ignorant and capable of repeating history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 07:19 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And the GOP is doing all it can to make most American wage slaves for the uber wealthy...
This is true of the establishment GOP, i.e., the never-trumpers.

It is also true of Democrats.

Democrats long ago abandoned the working classes in favor of the 0.1%, the mooches and the various aggrieved classes.

Together, Democrats and establishment Republicans have opposed working Americans and our efforts to remake an America that, in the past, respected and benefited those that worked hard and played by the rules.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:44 AM

25,563 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is true of the establishment GOP, i.e., the never-trumpers.

It is also true of Democrats.

Democrats long ago abandoned the working classes in favor of the 0.1%, the mooches and the various aggrieved classes.

Together, Democrats and establishment Republicans have opposed working Americans and our efforts to remake an America that, in the past, respected and benefited those that worked hard and played by the rules.
Meh... not really. People are better off today than ever before.

In 1900 it was possible for men to work all day every day in a steel mill in horrible conditions and still not make enough money to feed their family.
The working class has not "been abandoned", as everyone loves to say. Working conditions are safer and more comfortable than ever before, and there are laws making that so. Most people who want to get ahead are able to do so.

All this talk of "modern slaves" who "must work for corporations" is nonsense. Try telling that to a real slave.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:36 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Go research it yourself, or be kept ignorant and capable of repeating history.
Why would I research something I know is a lie? You all are great at constructing false narratives. I'll let you take comfort in your delusion. When you have to reach this far, it's obviously important to you.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:51 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Slavery has existed since mankind can be considered to be MAN vs APE--
Yes, we are descended from that branch of the tree...

Native Americans, Europeans, Mongols, Japanese, Muslims (black, brown, Asian, or white) have had slaves--right now I can't think of any race or ethnic group going into the far distant past that have not owned slaves--
Romans made slaves of any country they conquered and bought them from countries they couldn't
Before them the Greeks in any city state and Persians or the people of Africa in their various tribal groups had slaves...
The Britons and Vikings had slaves--the Irish had them pre conquest by the English who pretty much turned them into their slaves...
The Nazi had them in the concentration camps

There are sex slaves in probably every country of the world and in every racial/ethnic/sexual identity group

And the FIRST slaves in the Colonies were just that--slaves
White settlers had no trouble turning captured Native tribes into slaves
Indians owned other Indian tribes as slaves
The Mayans and the Incas and the Aztecs had them before the Europeans showed up
And the Europeans turned those tribes into slaves when they conquered them
The English settles brought black slaves w/them and not just indentured servants

I don't know where you get your "conventional" knowledge...

True enough about the long and varied history of slavery.

It is thought that in the 'old days' (Greek, Roman, etc) that initially 'slaves' were captured soldiers.

It was considered a disgrace for a soldier to be captured by the enemy. A soldier was expected to fight to his death, if his side was losing.

If a soldier choose to be captured instead of fighting to the death, the attitude (on both sides of the conflict) was that the soldier forfeited all rights that belonged to the living.

In other words, the captured soldier 'should be dead', and the 'dead have no rights'. Hence, the enemy was fully justified in using the captured soldier as a slave, with no argument made by the captured soldier's side.

Of course, as the years and centuries passed, a problem arose: many states lacked the manpower for brute labor, service to the wealthy, etc. As such, the rules concerning whom may be enslaved evolved beyond captured soldiers.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:58 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,999 times
Quote:
I certainly feel like I have been told. Told so many things it is mind blowing. When someone posts something like once every 80 minutes, every day, every week, every month, for like 9 years straight, one would think there would be something relevant, something logical every once in a while. By accident even.
Any chance I can get you to throw me some lotto numbers?

Old 08-12-2018, 09:18 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,426,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
I certainly feel like I have been told. Told so many things it is mind blowing. When someone posts something like once every 80 minutes, every day, every week, every month, for like 9 years straight, one would think there would be something relevant, something logical every once in a while. By accident even.
Any chance I can get you to throw me some lotto numbers?
Why on earth would you wan them? They'd have about as much usefulness as the "facts" that are posted.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Why would I research something I know is a lie?

You cannot make this crap up. They don't try an hide it.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:55 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times
Quote:
You cannot make this crap up.

oh sweet irony.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:13 AM

25,563 posts, read 17,271,154 times
I don't think the color of the slave matters very much. If you can't keep any of what you have earned, then you are some sort of slave.

Modern slavery?...
I think the award has to go to North Korea. North Korea exports laborers who are required to send their wages back to North Korea. And the numbers are large - about 150,000 workers in 45 countries. Link.
They could be in any industry from restaurants to mining. If Kim can contract out the labor, he will do so.
This exported labor, which is profitable for North Korea, has been curtailed under the current UN sanctions and all workers are to be returned to North Korea.
Even the African warlords of the 19th century did not reach that low bar.
State-sponsored Slavery: a North Korean Export • Human Trafficking Search

As bad as it is for North Korean slaves, they are better off in foreign countries than their kinfolk back home. We can all imagine why there is no defection among slaves. I doubt that orphans are sent as slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies