Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 01:37 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can’t believe that black folks fall for the a Democratic BS after all the years of abuse they have received at their hands. Time after time these Democratic race hustlers are exposed as actual terrible racists themselves and still the blacks vote Democrat.

It’s the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome in history.
I'll call BS on this. I think the issue is that Blacks aren't voting for the party that YOU want them to vote for. From my own experiences, I don't think the majority of Blacks are that stupid. I think it's a matter of the lesser of two evils. Vote for the party that pays you lip service vs the party who ignores you or talks about you like you're some kind of burden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 01:48 PM

I think it's more like why more Blacks don't flock towards the Republican Party. There are still a sizable number of Hispanics and Asians who will vote Republican.

I certainly wouldn't vote for Rick Santorum. He basically said of Blacks "I don't want Blacks getting successful off of my tax dollars". He basically talked about Black people as if they were some burden on society. Why vote for someone like that? (and this is not a rhetorical question).

This is what Mia Love, a Black Republican female, had to say why more Blacks aren't voting for Republicans:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c80eca02f6bd

Quote:
Because Republicans never take minority communities into their home and into their hearts, they stay with Democrats and bureaucrats in Washington, because they do take them home, or at least make them feel like they have a home.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-03-2019 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 03-03-2019, 02:08 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Politicians can't fix everyone. However, the Civil Rights Act certainly helped in many things.

The perception of conservatives has little to do with what Democrats tell them. It has alot to do with things like Barry Goldwater not supporting the Civil Rights Act. It has something to do with Reagan and his "I suppose states' rights" speech, in Mississippi of all places. It has something to do with the perception that conservatives resonate with alot of Anti-Black types.

I also see other things. You don't tell people who already work for a living "seek jobs not food stamps". Newt Gingrich did that. He either seemed oblivious to job discrimination that many Blacks (especially men) face, or he didn't care and was just talking down on Blacks". Rick Santorum's comment "I don't want Blacks being successful on my dollars". Basically, talking about Black people as if they are some pest or pain in the rear to deal with. Why vote for someone who feels like you are a pain in the rear end to deal with?
You are right, perception is very powerful over people's decision making.

Actually Santorum said he did not want to "make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money."

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...d-entitlements

Old 03-03-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You are right, perception is very powerful over people's decision making.

Actually Santorum said he did not want to "make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money."

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...d-entitlements
Just the same, when you talk to people as if they are some kind of burden, they won't vote for you.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:26 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'll call BS on this. I think the issue is that Blacks aren't voting for the party that YOU want them to vote for. From my own experiences, I don't think the majority of Blacks are that stupid. I think it's a matter of the lesser of two evils. Vote for the party that pays you lip service vs the party who ignores you or talks about you like you're some kind of burden.
I would never say they were stupid but they are being manipulated because the Dems know exactly what buttons to push.

I personally believe that black Americans should be the most conservative, pro gun and anti big government citizens we have. They have suffered at the hands of government more than any other group.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:30 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Let me guess! You're a Democrat! Don't make me give you a history lesson of the Democratic Party please.
I never understood how some right wing Americans think thats a good argument to make. You literally can do a simple google search on the history of the two political parties and see that they changed. The racists migrated to the Republicans.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:35 PM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
We live in a county in Florida with many races and cultures. My daughter looks white and is a minority at her school. I know the teachers who are the movers and shakers at her school and when I went to volunteer last week to help them out, they showed me the major changes happening. My response, "it's about time. The state should have backed off from grading schools until effective teaching was taking place at all schools." My daughter's school is a "C" school.

Her response: Elyn. It's all meant to line the pockets of politicians and their families and friends who sell their "programs" to the school. Have you ever noticed that test scores go up on election years? Also, why do you think we have to wait for computerized test scores? They fudge the numbers if the money isn't there.

Now, yes, it all sounds like conspiracy theories. Haha. But the reality is that all these minority children needed was good teaching. Not expensive programs that are meant to *bridge the gap.* or those politicians who say vote for me and I will bridge that gap. That gap wouldn't be there if effective systems were in place. Systems that lead children to independence.

So why do I call it conspiracy theories and how does it relate to the OP? There really is no evidence that she can produce. Also, I truly believe that people really do mean well and want to help, but their *help* just leads to more dependence. They don't realize it especially when they are getting paid for it, reinforcement.
100% true. I live in the Chicago area and very near the company that did all the materials and curriculum design for Common Core under the Education Secretary under Obama, Arnie Duncan. Just to make it worse, my husband once flew back to Chicago in first class from DC and Duncan and his entourage were seated in first class with him. The flight is not even two hours.

Every President since Carter has put out a massive education reform and look how great that has been. I think a big part of the problem is all the illegals. We first have to teach them English and then everything else. It slows down the pace. It's also expensive, at an average cost of $11k per year. I would argue illegals are on the higher side of average since they get free and reduced everything. If I were black, that would make me mad as he$$.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:38 PM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I never did, the black man in the video is. Why don't you ask him? He thinks the case of Palov's dog is the best analogy and it just happens to use dogs. It could have used any animal or even humans to do the research but Pavlov chose dogs, perhaps they were easiest to do his research at the time. Don't read to much into it or maybe you are a race hustler yourself.
You can always tell when they don't even watch the video they are referencing in their post. I didn't watch it either but I got the gist of it.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:39 PM

24,621 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can’t believe that black folks fall for the a Democratic BS after all the years of abuse they have received at their hands. Time after time these Democratic race hustlers are exposed as actual terrible racists themselves and still the blacks vote Democrat.

It’s the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome in history.
Most black Americans are not allowed to think for themselves, so out of fear of alienation and the plantation mentality many blacks lazily vote for Democrats.

The statistics show time and time again that the state of the black community continues to be in full disarray and chaos, even after 8 years of a black president.

In short, Democrats have failed the black community and will continue to fail them while Asian Americans and African immigrants continue to prosper.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:41 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
libs don't need to please black people anymore, they have them in their pocket no matter what they do. Plus it's sooo 20th century, Hispanics are the new race favored by Democrats, no need to cater to black folks, they're loyal servants who vote in lockstep with whatever Dems propose to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies