Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 10:11 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Seems you don't understand the definition of the term "nationalism", or prefer to give it a nefarious meaning.

The OP's original assertion in the thread's title is the "chuckle" here. Re-read the title if you've forgotten.

If Japanese citizens are "nationalists", that is a BAD thing? How about American nationalists? Is that better? Does that infer that since America is majority white, American nationalists are mostly White?
Would you feel better if I said I was a Caucasian nationalist? What makes you happy?

We both can talk past each other, but there is one truth. When a minority states their intent to take power from the majority via birth rates, illegal immigration and violence, there will naturally be a reaction. We'll soon see conflict here in America because of it.
Nothing about this subject is as I "prefer." Anyone who makes even a bit of effort to educate themselves about this issue can't make the mistake you are making...

Of course anyone can understand the term "nationalism" as they wish, but also of course I'm not talking about someone who simply wants to fly their American flag on July 4th, proud to be an American. Funny how so many people commenting in this thread seem to be similarly confused, but I can't tell whether they really don't know the difference between innocent pride in country versus the white nationalist movement.

Hell, one need only read the article that begins this article to know what is what. What I'm referring to anyway. Or simply Google all written about the white nationalist movement and where's the confusion? If this is not generally well understood there's little chance we can be on the "same page" when it comes to what this issue and/or movement is all about.

Again, I can't tell if the confusion is for purposes of shrouding the "nefarious" aspects of the white nationalist movement or whether people really don't know the difference between right and wrong in these regards, but speaking for me personally; I am proud to be an American but none of that pride has to do with the color of my skin or religion.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:35 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

If it's acceptable to have gay pride and Puerto Rican pride days and parades, it should be acceptable to have pride in being white or white heritage, and not make minorities feel inferior. IMO minorities should just toughen up and not be such sensitive snowflakes. No race or country's history is perfect and without faults. IMO America is a great country and I love living here. And I am sick and tired of blacks nitpicking at her slave roots and trying to erase any trace of those slave owners of the 18th and 19thc. Just move on and forward and make the most of being American citizens. And I do think it really odd that blacks have no hate towards the Africans that sold their ancestors to slave traders. But then again, there is little current outrage in the black community towards blacks killing blacks in America today. It's always easier blaming whitey for their problems.

Gay pride isn't pride for the sake of it. People are proud of being gay in the sense that they have faced oppression but maintained who they are.
I'm not sure about Puerto Rican but they are more likely to face oppression than we are for simply being Caucasian.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:05 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Gay pride isn't pride for the sake of it. People are proud of being gay in the sense that they have faced oppression but maintained who they are.
I'm not sure about Puerto Rican but they are more likely to face oppression than we are for simply being Caucasian.
Sad to think the likes needs to be explained, but nice to know there are people out there who know better...

I think you too are wasting your time like most of us who waste time commenting in these threads while we all know "you can't change the spots on a dog." miu doesn't even seem to realize he is all but demonstrating his prejudice if not racism by profiling blacks and/or whites the way he does.

To suggest that blacks have not been "moving on and forward" since the beginning, for example, (more like finding a way to survive and endure), just demonstrates the lack of understanding, ignorance, that is essentially at the root of all racism. Fact is, the incarceration rate for young black men in this country is indicative of at least one serious problem no one can really just ignore, and please..., if you think this is what young black men want or deserve, this too is a form of racism, ignorance and racism.

Of course you can enjoy and express pride in your culture, your mother country, as we all do! Go just about anywhere people like to have parades and festivals and there's the Italian Festival, the Greek Festival, the 4th of July Parade and on and on. All good, but you don't see these celebrations having much to do with the color of skin or the need to be a majority. Right?

To confuse any of this with the fight that minorities face simply to live their lives like everyone should be able is mind-boggling, and almost a sure sign of that same ignorance that breeds racism, with people who typically don't even understand the basics when it comes to the reality of life for those who are targets of prejudice, bigotry and discrimination.

Put it this way..., I've heard lots of people suggest that blacks and other minority folks have little or nothing to complain about. Usually they are white folks, but ask them if they would trade places when it comes to economics, opportunity and/or the challenge to compete in this society of ours, and suddenly they don't have so much to say...

Old 08-14-2018, 11:39 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Last I checked both of those are paying jobs.
Yes, but do they pay a living wage? If so, why are so many of both groups receiving food stamps?

Old 08-14-2018, 12:18 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Sad to think the likes needs to be explained, but nice to know there are people out there who know better...

I think you too are wasting your time like most of us who waste time commenting in these threads while we all know "you can't change the spots on a dog." miu doesn't even seem to realize he is all but demonstrating his prejudice if not racism by profiling blacks and/or whites the way he does.

To suggest that blacks have not been "moving on and forward" since the beginning, for example, (more like finding a way to survive and endure), just demonstrates the lack of understanding, ignorance, that is essentially at the root of all racism. Fact is, the incarceration rate for young black men in this country is indicative of at least one serious problem no one can really just ignore, and please..., if you think this is what young black men want or deserve, this too is a form of racism, ignorance and racism.

Of course you can enjoy and express pride in your culture, your mother country, as we all do! Go just about anywhere people like to have parades and festivals and there's the Italian Festival, the Greek Festival, the 4th of July Parade and on and on. All good, but you don't see these celebrations having much to do with the color of skin or the need to be a majority. Right?

To confuse any of this with the fight that minorities face simply to live their lives like everyone should be able is mind-boggling, and almost a sure sign of that same ignorance that breeds racism, with people who typically don't even understand the basics when it comes to the reality of life for those who are targets of prejudice, bigotry and discrimination.

Put it this way..., I've heard lots of people suggest that blacks and other minority folks have little or nothing to complain about. Usually they are white folks, but ask them if they would trade places when it comes to economics, opportunity and/or the challenge to compete in this society of ours, and suddenly they don't have so much to say...

Well it probably helps that I am adjacent to being a minority (if not actually a minority group. I have no idea what I'm classified as anymore. The terminology is confusing) but yeah it is sad.

People say the same to me and I'm Caucasian. I have had Trump supporters (or potentially future ones) tell me I'm so lucky because I didn't have to work.
I mean I won't lie. I wouldn't want to be neurotypical in general but that's because that's not who I am so I can't imagine being what I'm not. I do however want the world to change in some ways..to be more accepting and understanding, keeping pace with us. I'm certainly not lucky. I explain why and yes suddenly they don't have much to say.

In one way I do see their point. For instance I saw an African American lady at a hospital who made false claims of racism and it gave me second hand embarrassment. They never kicked her out either so my only problem with it is when they milk their color by decrying racism when it isn't there.

However they're not all like that (there are crappy people in any race) and there are a few things that even I as an outcast would never have to face because I'm Caucasian.

I also think that African Americans have improved their role in society over the years. They don't face prejudice like they used to but that doesn't mean that racism no longer exists. I'm sure it's also a long fight too because while they are no longer enslaved there might be plenty of descendants of slave owners that still have that mentality.

Last edited by Nickchick; 08-14-2018 at 12:34 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 12:19 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
White Nationalists are Likely to be Low-income, Divorced, Uneducated and Unemployed

You know something? I believe it.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:58 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Ironically, so-called White Nationalists are actually LEFT WING.
Remember, the definition of right versus left is in reference to TRADITIONAL GOVERNMENT.
RIGHT = SUPPORT
LEFT = OPPOSE.

Traditional American government secured the CREATOR ENDOWED RIGHTS of all the AMERICAN PEOPLE.*

So any ideology that opposes the ENDOWED rights of the people is LEFT WING.
Thus these street theater events are LEFT V LEFT.

(*Only applicable under the republican form of government. A democratic form may rely on majority vote to abridge the rights of a minority.)
Well, one thing I've learned about city data, it certainly is entertaining to see the thought process of some of the people on here.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:13 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
It is like Hitler in Germany
Initially it was the outsiders, the guys with a grudge who hated Jews (that was not always part of Hitler's allure--Jew hating--but he was influenced by a German writer and quickly grew to blame most of Germany's problems on Jews)
the wealthy started to get on board when they saw Hitler was growing in power, gaining a "base"--and because they too wanted Jews as scapegoats and the lure of the pure race--

Who does that remind you of???
The legal system in Germany rolled over for Hitler and his NSF and allowed him to get away with breaking the law in his rise to power--Hitler's goons ran rampant during elections and at other times to beat those who spoke out and opposed Hitler--politically and via the newspapers (main media format at the time)--
They had no problem getting police and judges to basically look the other way...
Scary isn't it, when you compare the actions of Hitler with those of Obama, the DNC and functionaries within the US government during the summer/fall of 2016. You would hope those things could not happen here-but the Democratic party has demonstrated otherwise. Their constant identity politics, diversionary tactics and blaming other races for problems is EXACTLY what Hitler did. Antifafa is to the Democratic party what the Brownshirts of 1930s Germany were to the Nazis.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:14 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Well, one thing I've learned about city data, it certainly is entertaining to see the thought process of some of the people on here.
LMAO have to agree with you there! The pretzel logic used here is a nine day wonder.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:42 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well... I would think the real bottom dregs of any society would be those who are killing off their own brothers, stealing and terrorizing their own kind, and bringing shame to their whole neighborhoods. IMO blacks killing other blacks are far worse offenders to fellow blacks than whites who think that their way of life is better than other races.

One of the ten commandments is to not murder, being prideful is considered a deadly sin... but won't you agree that murder is a worse than being prideful???

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5203925
I know what the 10 Commandments are. I also know what Jesus' commandments are. And this is the thing. The Black on Black violence in the ghettos has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING TO DO with the topic of this thread or anything that I was talking about. White supremacists are the dregs of society as any violent criminal is, just for a different reason. White supremacists seek to eliminate anyone who isn't White. That is a particular type of hatred. This is the thing. I don't live in the ghetto where these killings are taking place. I worry more about someone who would try to target me because of my race because that it something I have no control over, nor can I change.

Quote:
If it's acceptable to have gay pride and Puerto Rican pride days and parades, it should be acceptable to have pride in being white or white heritage, and not make minorities feel inferior. IMO minorities should just toughen up and not be such sensitive snowflakes. No race or country's history is perfect and without faults. IMO America is a great country and I love living here. And I am sick and tired of blacks nitpicking at her slave roots and trying to erase any trace of those slave owners of the 18th and 19thc. Just move on and forward and make the most of being American citizens. And I do think it really odd that blacks have no hate towards the Africans that sold their ancestors to slave traders. But then again, there is little current outrage in the black community towards blacks killing blacks in America today. It's always easier blaming whitey for their problems.
We have alot of festivals for White people. Festivals for Polish, Italians, Irish, Portuguese, Greeks, Romanians, Germans, Swedish, Danish,etc. Trust me, there are plenty of things like "Italian pride", "Irish pride", "German pride". No one has a problem with that. And no one should. Everything I mentioned, it has something to do with pride, and nothing to do with hatred and exclusion. However, white supremacy is nothing to be proud of. Most of the people who scream "white pride" are really saying "we hate anyone who isn't white". There is nothing about any actual pride, just alot of hatred towards other groups.

Something else. You don't get to say what Blacks should and shouldn't take issue with. I don't care if you are sick of Black people referencing slavery or "nitpicking at slavery roots". No one asks Japanese Americans to forget the things done to them. No one asks Jews to forget what was done to them. You don't get to tell me or any Black person to forget the 300+ years of slavery followed by Jim Crow. You don't get a say in that. Got a problem with it? I don't care. That is your problem, not mine. Yes, I have a severe disdain for the old Confederacy because its founding was based mainly on the goal of keeping Black people enslaved and subjugated. It says so in the Confederate Constitution and the Articles of Secession. I do champion Confederate flags being removed from public buildings. The Confederacy should be looked at as a shameful part of this nation's history. Honoring Confederate soldiers, well, that stuff should have never happened in the first place. You don't get a say in how I see things. If you take issue with it, too bad. It is what it is.

And there are some American Blacks who have issues with Africans. I've seen it for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies