Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 02:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm stuck inside a public school. No access to a Bible...or else I face some draconian punishment.

Do you per chance live in Russia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 02:11 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Gulag for wrong think.
Hopefully the first step is re-education inside the public school.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:12 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you per chance live in Russia?
Of course I do. I'm a Russian bot because I don't believe in liberal indoctrination...or any Statist indoctrination for that matter.

Ya got me.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:16 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
politics + science = religion
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
politics + hypocrisy = religion

Politics + Religion = Bad Policies

Religion does not belong in politics anywhere. Nothing good has ever come from it.

This is how Iran and other Mideastern countries govern, and the Mideast region is really stable--right?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:52 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Just what we need...a "protected class" of straws.

It's not about what we need, it's about what the environment needs - big difference.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:30 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly! Politics affects progress in science and religion affects politics.
Yes, religion does impact politics, and the religion of the left is AGW.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:37 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Count me as one those folks who thinks jailing someone for using a plastic tube to drink a liquid, unreasonable.
Guess those guys using paper based straws back in the 50s had it right. Back then 90% of the US population also identified as Christian, and Communist were the bad guys.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:43 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Religion does not belong in politics anywhere. Nothing good has ever come from it.

This is how Iran and other Mideastern countries govern, and the Mideast region is really stable--right?
Those countries are mostly 100% Muslim and their Ideal man that created their religian, Mohamad, was a Slaver, pedophile and murderer. Western countries were mostly Christian, who had a very Liberal man who started their religian. Thats the difference, peaceful guy vs. A Vicous warrior who the modern day Wahabist modeled theirselves off of.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:40 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Good Point.

I would point out that I remain a registered democrat. The state in which I live requires registration in order to participate in primaries, caucuses and meetings.
If one is independent, then one cannot be involved in either one. Although I am considering changing to Libertarian as I tend to be more in line with their views.
For now, I will remain the conservative member of the democratic party here, encouraging others to lower taxes, pursue charter schools and take a more lasseiz-faire capitalistic look at the economy. Now I am all for rules and oversight, in fact, I fully support the EPA and the idea of halting global warming (through science) and the need to keep people honest and responsible in order to protect our planet.
But I am also an atheist, and a very open one. This has made me unwelcome in the GOP here.
I have sadly been in the company of way too many religious fundamentalists who play into the whole conservative vs liberal thing that the media encourages. When Obama was president, I heard the gratuitous use of the N-Word, In church, enough to make Quenton Tarrentino walk away.

I refuse to play into the party politics as much as I hate to. The fact is we are Americans first,. Of course this made several members of the local GOP angry when I said this They said
OH no we are CHRISTIANS First, then republicans and Americans or Americans and Republicans.

SO, as long as the democrats want a atheist who is educated, financially stable and willing to help, I will have a home there. It was my grandfather's party long ago anyway.

I also do not look the part of a conservative cat....long haired, tie dyed and dressing like a dandy whenever I want.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Funny that the the Founders of our nation were far more religious, yet they fully embraced science.

I am a Christian. I embrace science also. I just don't happen to believe that science supports "evolution," nor I do believe there is any science that proves or supports man caused "climate change." We all know that scientific data can be manipulated, and we know that those who wish to believe in "man caused climate change" have manipulated the data to "prove" their theory. They were actually caught at it. I guess you've forgotten that.

We've done a lot to clean up the pollutants of industry in the last century. Steel making and the generation of electricity from coal fired plants generate a fraction of the pollutants they once did. Automobiles are also far cleaner, and we haven't put lead in gasoline for many years. How is it that what we do today is affecting the climate?

The Left uses the "climate change" mantra to achieve political goals ...control of human behavior they don't like. It has nothing to do with the climate, in truth. But there are a lot of gullible people who buy into their scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies